Chapter 1: My Birth 
4.1k 6 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: My Birth 

The moment I opened my eyes, I realized I was inside something warm. All I saw was darkness and the color red. I could vaguely hear people talk and a woman screaming and moaning. This went on for about an hour until I finally saw a light. 

"My Empress, it's a boy, and he's healthy," spoke the female voice. 

"My baby boy!" 

Two small and delicate hands lifted me up and looked directly at me. With effort, I held my eyes open; they hurt quite a lot. I vaguely saw the face of a woman, which I presumed to be my mother. I saw panic in her eyes. 

"Why isn't my baby crying? That is dangerous, right?" 

"Don't worry her Imperial Majesty, the baby is healthy." 

The worry in my mother's face slowly went away, and she started talking to me. 

"Who's a handsome boy? Who's my handsome boy? You are my handsome prince!" 

She tickled me and gave me brief kisses on my forehead. 

"Sorry to bother you, her majesty, but we have to cut the umbilical cord." 

"Will it hurt my baby?" 

"No, her majesty, there are no nerves in the cord, so cutting isn't painful for you or the baby." 

With that, my mother eased up. The other woman, which appeared to be a maid, held the cord and cut it.

The man standing next to his wife smiled at her and asked, "What should we call him, darling?" 

My mother took a while to think and said, "What about James?" 

"James? That is an awful name, I don't like it," my father said. 

My mother looked embarrassed with my father's reply. He tried to brighten up the situation and hastily suggested, "What about the name Artar?" 

My mother glared at him for a few seconds. My father realized the mistake he made and immediately said, "if you don't like it we could ca—"

"I love that name dear," my mother interrupted. Her face lightened up within seconds. My father just awkwardly smiled and said, "I'm glad you like it. I guess it's Artar then. Artar von Leonhard." 

I overheard the conversation and heard the word "Imperial Majesty". That means that my parents were emperors? I became excited about that thought, but exhaustion took over and I almost fell asleep. I suddenly heard a message and saw some text before my eyes.

【Adding abilities...】

【Scan】

【Eyes of God】

【Magic Damage Immunity】

【Spirit Damage immunity】

【Physical Damage immunity】

【Instant Mastery】

【Exhaustion Prevention】

I didn’t feel tired anymore. I opened my eyes, and saw the text before my eyes. I couldn’t really tell what was happening. I felt energetic and I tried to speak.

“Mama...”

I stunned both my parents. Most babies couldn’t speak until they were nine months old, yet here I was.

“Did Artar just say mama?”

“Yes, he did so. Too bad his first word wasn’t papa, though.”

“That’s because he loves me more!”

“How dare u woman?” My father said pretending to be mad at her.

My mother put out her tongue, and they both laughed. The maid stood by while smiling at the couple.

We lived in a massive golden palace which lay in the middle of the capital—The Glorious city of Eriwick. Named by my ancestors who founded the city five millennia ago. My Father, Gerwig Von Leonhard, turned out to be an emperor who reigned over other empires. That’s why he’s commonly referred to as “God Emperor”. It was still unknown that the world was round, so it hadn’t a name yet. The full size of the planet is still unknown, but the known regions are apparently a million times bigger than all the landmass of earth combined. Our empire’s name was “The Divine Zalin Empire” and it used a system comparable to the feudalism that ruled Europe in the medieval times. It had a strong hierarchy, and the social classes played a significant role in society. All positions had absolute power over the ranks below them.

Title

Description

God emperor

Rules over other emperors rules the landmass of around 10.000 earths.

Emperor

Rules over multiple kings, rules of an empire the size of 100 earth

King

Rules over multiple dukes and rules the size of earth continent

Duke

Highest position in the aristocracy. Rules over a landmass as big as a small European country

Count

The count rules over multiple viscounts

Viscount

Viscount rules over multiple barons

Baron

Lowest position in the aristocracy, rules over multiple cities

Mayor

Ruler of a city, this is the highest rank the common people can achieve.

On top of the food chain stood the God Emperor, he ruled multiple empires. In fact, there were twelve empires in my father’s empire. Those twelve empires each had their own emperor who ruled over their own kingdoms, which amounts varied. The smallest empire ruled over 40 kingdoms and the biggest over 500. Each kingdom had its own king or queen who ruled over their own kingdom. They each had a bunch of nobles, which they ruled. But enough of the system and let’s talk about my situation in the palace. I had fluently mastered the language my parents spoke when I turned one years old. I had actually mastered it when I was two weeks old, but I hadn’t developed my vocal cords, yet. My father had many duties, which meant that I couldn’t see him much. Most of the time I spent with my mother. Her name was Diana, and she used to be a low noble. She was the oldest daughter of a baroness in a small kingdom. My father met her by chance, and it was love at first sight. I could see why. She was a very attractive lady with beautiful blond hair and a pair of bright blue eyes. My father looked marvellous, but his looks weren’t as good as hers. Her social ranking skyrocketed when she became the god emperor’s wife. Many emperors were against it. They thought their daughters deserved to marry the first prince. But my grandfather whose rule was absolute embraced the marriage and was happy his son found finally the love of his life. He sadly died a week after the wedding, and my father became the new god emperor. 

Most men of lofty status had multiple wives. My father only one, which was very unusual.

My mother often told me stories about the adventures she had when she was young and how she missed them. She told also a lot of boring stories about her and my father. About how they met, the dates they had and so on. Little did she know that I could fully understand her, I guess she needed a person to talk to and her personal maids weren’t enough.

My father assigned, in the beginning, a personal maid to take care of me. My mother wasn’t happy about that and insisted she would do it instead. My mother was quite a scary person when she was angry, so my father quickly agreed. She was quite shocked to see the rate in which I developed. I could fully walk and talk when I was one years old.

“So, what do you want to wear today, love?”

“I don’t know mom, you can choose.”

“Oh, I like this suit,” she pointed at a white suit completely made out of expensive finely woven wool with a high thread count. If you looked at the lining, you could see it was comparable to Bemberg rayon lining on suits made on earth. The suit was very detailed and fitted nicely. It also had finished buttonholes, which was nice.

My mother was completely drooling after she put on the suit, “Oh my god! My son looks so handsome and cute in this dress. I might hug you to death!”

With that I had a shocked expression on my face, I honestly didn’t know if she was serious or not.

“Don’t worry, honey, it was a joke. We should get ready for breakfast with your father, he has important matters that need his attendance, so he’ll be away for a while.”

My mother dressed herself then fully dressed me and a bunch of maids brought us to the dining room. My mother had a long, girly chat with them, and they fawned about how cute I looked in that suit. I just ignored them and walked alongside my mother. 

My father was already sitting on his chair and greeted us nicely.

“There are my favorite people. You both look terrific.”

He stood up and started flirting with my mom. I rolled my eyes and just ignored them. The chef and the maids brought us a nice and big breakfast. I won’t tell you the details, but my parents talked about a lot of boring stuff.

My father gave my mother a long, delicate kiss after breakfast was over. He gave me a hug and reluctantly left, telling how he would miss us.

“How about an enjoyable walk in the garden?” my mother asked.

“That would be nice.”

A bunch of maids and a few guards went to escort us to the garden. It was an enormous garden, and the weather was nice and blue. My mother and I sat on a terrace having a friendly chat with the maids. My mother really had a wonderful relationship with them, which was uncommon. Most people of a high social ranking treated their maids like absolute shit, but she was an exception. She was a friendly and open person who was very easy to talk to. 

“Oh, my god!” screamed a maid. “The guards, they are bleeding. What happened?”

She pointed at the guards who protected us. They had nasty stab wounds and were on the brink of dying. Suddenly a bunch of men in black leather showed up. Their faces fully covered, holding scary-looking blades in each hand.

All the maids and my mother screamed. They all panicked, but some regained their posture.

“Quickly protect the empress and her son!” shouted the head-maid.

They all tried to protect her, but the assassins pushed them away like they were dolls. They slowly approached me and my mother. She looked absolutely terrified and held me tight. 

“What do you pigs want? You will absolutely regret this! You will not get away with this.”

The assassins roared of laughter.

“You and your child’s life, but I guess we can play with you first for a while. Nice and slow, hehe…”

The bunch sneakily laughed at their leader’s speech. Their eyes full with lust.

My mother’s face became white, and she sank to her knees.

72