Chapter 10 [ Reborn Once More ]
464 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly opened my eyes, I was sitting up my back against the cold bars. My sight was blurry but I could make out that part of my shirt was ripped, maybe that is why I could feel the bars on my back? It took me a moment to realize the smell of blood; I was covered in it. Slowly blinking my eyes, before lifting my head up to notice the three bodies, well what is left of them. Two of the bodies were ripped apart, with almost no blood left of them - as the third was everywhere like it exploded. 

There was a soft ding that made my flinch, looking around before I spotted a small blue notification at the corner of my view. Shifting my head to the side trying to see what it was following me. Closing my eyes still had it appear in my vision. Staring at the blue box made it expand, taking up my vision.

 

    System Notifications 

Welcome back to the System *#&E#$I#@$#@( --- Error...

Welcome to the System Purity; nickname set to "Nomi"

Killed Vampire [ LVL 2 ] earned 26 EXP

Killed Human [ LVL 1 ] ( x2 ) earned 18 EXP

Think 'Status' or say 'Status' to view your current status

 

I blink staring at the text. I-I’m confused, and scared what is this? A System? I held my head as I had a flashback to earlier in my life. My parents spoke of a system, as well as my brothers. I was always confused, still am as to what this system is. I don’t understand how this is supposed to help. I cleared my mind before thinking 'Status' allowing another blue screen to open.

 

 
Current Status
Basic Stats
Skills
Titles
[ HP ]: 70 / 70
[ Stamina ]: 50 / 50
[ Mana ]: 72 / 72
[ Current Level ]:  1
[ Monster Rank ]: E
[ Race ]: Vampire

[ Pain Tolerance ] [ I ] 

[ Natural Weaponry ] [ I ] 

[ Blood Sucking ] [ I ] 

[ Improved Reflexes ] [ I ] 

[ Improved Strength ] [ I ] 

[ Improved Senses ] [ I ] 

[ Flexibility ] [ II ] < Inherited >

[ Blessing of The Fallen ]
[ Soul Mending ]
[ Ethereal Loli ] < Inherited >

 

I blinked a few times before letting go of a breath I didn’t know I was holding. Am I weak? Wait what about me being a vampire? I held my head staring at my race before slowly rocking. A vampire? Was I always a vampire? That doesn’t make sense. I was always fine in the sunlight… Wait does this mean I can’t go in the sun anymore?

“This doesn’t make sense..” I whispered, before looking down to my titles before opening each of them.

 

[ Blessing of The Fallen ]
  The power of the fallen pulse through your veins after you’ve touched its essence. Strengthening your body and your mind. Overall strength increased by a static 5%, you can spot the undead when they are close - there is a 20% chance they will ignore or won’t sense you. Your footsteps are muffled as well as your speed is increased by 3% when you walk or run. This blessing is only partly ingrained into the host. [ 1 / 4 ] 
[ Soul Mending ]

  The host’s soul was healed by another; due to your soul being weaker you take on the characteristics of the other soul. Effecting your race, height, weight, and skills, and other things you will get in the future. But your soul is now full - increasing your mana pool by a static 10% and your mana power by 20%. The host also got access to the system - we welcome you.

[ Timeless Loli ] < Inherited >
   Even though death and reincarnation, you still are a loli. Let the destruction of kingdoms, cities, villages, men, and women fall before you. The host is 100% cuter and has a 75% chance of getting past guards without having to pay or go through a search. Though you have a harder time wielding two-handed weapons due to your short size and hands.
 

“Blessing of The Fallen? Soul Mending?? E-E-Ethereal Loli?! Why is this happening.. W-Was it because of the floating orb? W-Wait! S-Soul?” I kept rocking, biting my finger which I regretted right away as I felt two sharp teeth pressing themselves against my skin. I recoiled due to the result, my hand moving away from my mouth. “F-Fangs…” I muttered. Slowly returning back to my titles, then to my skills, I frowned before looking back to the information I got then to the bodies. “I-... I did this?” I finally noticed, already overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things that happened in a short amount of time I finally cracked and started to cry.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

[ Pov Change: Takai ]

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

We heard a lot of noise a while ago - we as in me and my boss - Senri. In all honesty, this is quite normal so Takai didn’t openly care for checking up on the new slaves - though it was quite strange for it to go silent so sudden just to be replaced by crying from a number of slaves. So we are going to check what is going on. Moving from the small cramp and dusty office, walking to the entrance of the slave area the stench of blood hit Takai’s nose as he suddenly pulled out a dagger - with Senri following his lead as they finally peaked their heads inside of the cramp, smelly room.

The stench of blood overpowered the other stenches, even the smell of pee and other human smells were suffocated under the smell. Almost all of the slaves were looking at the direction of the new further slave cage - which is where we put all the new slaves to get further processed. Takai gripped his dagger more as he made his way closer to the cage as the smell of blood rose as he got closer before he stumbled upon the mess that laid within the cage.

Besides the crying girl who was shivering, and crying uncontrollably the bodies and blood were a sight to behold. No one was spared besides the young lady - which wasn’t mentally sound. He slowly opened the cage with a key before opening the cage open - which caught Purity’s attention though she didn’t move. Her crying has started to quiet down though a sob would still leak after a couple seconds of silence. 

“Bloody hell..” He muttered, eyeing the bodies before turning his attention to Purity. 

“Don’t worry about her,” Senri’s voice echoed from behind him. “Take care of the bodies and I’ll see what she can tell us.”

Takai nodded slightly, before turning his attention back towards the bodies - well… What was left of them. He would say that there were more so mulled by an animal than anything else. Though the blood spoke that there was a small fight.

He heard Senri slowly crouched down beside the small girl - he was pretty sure Senri was whispering to the girl as he went along and pulled body parts of a body before freezing staring at a pale body that was laying on the ground with fang marks on the body’s neck. He quickly looked over towards his boss and the girl. “Boss,” He stated.

“What?” Senri looked over towards him, before looking back slightly towards the girl. 

He remained silent before walking over towards the girl before grabbing her hair suddenly pulling her head up - before being met with dull red eyes of the girl who hissed in return trying to free herself from his grasp. She wasn’t really strong - or she wasn’t using her full strength or rather she was still undergoing a transformation. Either way, once his boss saw red eyes he backed up immediately before standing a few feet away. 

“Fuck!” He cussed, straightening himself staring at the girl who I had already let go of her hair letting her slump back down against the cage. Though she didn’t break eye contact with me for a few moments before staring down at the ground holding her knees to her chest. 

Takai honestly thought she looked like a normal child on the outside especially in this lighting - besides her eye color he would think nothing was wrong. What did happen though, this was quite a bizarre affair, somehow she got infected on the trip here or in the cage and somehow lived. He turned his attention towards his boss who was still staring at the girl.

“Are we gonna put her up?” Takai asked, his eyes not leaving his boss but he still watched the girl at the corner of his eye in case she moved suddenly.

“Yes.” His boss spoke after a few minutes of utter silence. “We will put her up into the rare section - make sure the cage is enchanted.” He sounded… Off to Takai - like something else was on his mind. “Oh.” His boss turned his attention to him. “Don’t list a price on her.” He turned back towards the girl staring at her intensely.

“I got you, boss.” Takai shook his head taking one last look at the girl before leaving head back upstairs to handle affairs he was tasked with.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

[ Pov Change: Purity ]

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

I don’t know what to think nor why this man is still staring at me. Slowly turning my gaze towards the man who didn’t shy off as I looked at him. He seemed intrigued studying me as I was some kind of monster… Well, I guess I am now, aren’t I? 

“W-What..” I finally spoke, my voice echoing through the room; having broken the silence. 

“Ah..” The man spoke, “Sorry for my staring. I’m rather fascinated by the fact that you’re a vampire is all.” His voice was quiet and calm, unlike the man who had stunk of fear. Why doesn’t this man fear me? Not like I’m going to ask him or anything - maybe he is a soldier. 

A small frown appeared on my face, shifting slightly against the bars which made the man take a small step back. Ok maybe he was fearful - but not in a sense that I could kill him instantly if I lose control.

“So,” The man started once again. He looked around the bloody cage before back towards me. “You have caused this mess am I correct?” His gaze was gentle, but there was a hint of anger towards me which I’ve seen enough times. I just nodded towards his question, which made the man grunt.

“You don’t even know I’m guessing.” The man sighed, rubbing his face slowly. “Doesn’t matter.” He started once again leaning down towards me - he was now within arm’s length - which to a normal person would be to close. “You’re shorter than before, pettier.” He clicked his tongue. He moved his hand to pat my head gently, which made me flinch though I didn’t move from his hand.

I don’t know what he wants, why would he get so close to someone who could kill someone mulling them into limbs. This man is strange. The man suddenly snorted, moving his hand away. “You think I'm a strange old man don’t you?” He laughed. I quickly looked up at him as he towered over me even when he was on his knees. “Ah, you do!” He gave me a small smile.

He stood, brushing himself off of the dust. Though that did little with the still-wet blood that had soaked into his pants as he knelt down. “I’ll protect you.” He muttered, almost too hard for me to hear as he leaned down lifting me up by my armpits. “Let’s go fit you into your new home.” A strange smile made a way onto the man’s face...

Blue boxes are hard - dunno if I will continue to use them or just do text. :shrug:

13