Chapter 11 [ Once Upon a Cage ]
407 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man still carrying me, close to his body made his way up the stone steps getting to the main floor of the shop. I’m honestly surprised that they don’t have a second floor, don’t they have to take up nobles? But I guess which noble would come themselves to a slaver. He slowly sat down onto my feet in front of a cage - I’m guessing it would be the one he said to prepare for me. I don’t know why he wouldn’t just place me in the cage himself.

I slowly turned my gaze to the other man who was staring at me quietly. I turned my attention back to the other man who had carried me. A frown slowly formed on my face as the man still had that strange smile plastered on his face - I still have a sinking feeling that what he has in store for me won’t be pleasant - though his words from before still ring in my head. I turned back to the cage and slowly stepped into the smaller cage - it was quite short though I could still sit without stress.

Sitting down into the cage followed by the gap I passed through closing, with a pulse of lines going through metal bars - before suddenly stopping. I felt a weird pressure against my body as I slowly peered up towards the ceiling of the ceil. “Ah.” The older man spoke kneeling down slowly. “You’ll get used to it soon.” He stood back up, motioning for the other man to follow as the two of them disappeared into a separate room.

I let out a sigh, slowly looking around my new ‘home’ - it wasn’t bloody or smells of human waste so some plus sides. Though having a wooden sign leaning against my cage that says “Rare Finds” is rather stupid. Was he using me to get more people to come in? That’s rather dull. I slowly laid down - which I did fit - if I put my legs up.

Getting a better look at the upstairs really outshines the mess down below this neat and rich looking floor. There were a number of items covering the wooden walls. Turning my head towards the door to the basement there is a wall covering the direct vision and there is a small counter. Looking away from the counter and the walls, I peered towards one of three doors - which one being the main entrance of the store.

Looking away from the white wooden door, I stare at the door where the two-men disappeared into - I can’t really tell what is in the room just by staring at the semi-closed door. Sad. I turned my attention towards the other door which was ajar, letting me see wallpaper walls. Was it a waiting room of some kind or something else? I have honestly no idea, staring at the wallpaper longer before the sound of a bell ringing brought my attention to the newly arrived person.

The two men appear from the door shortly after, the older man looking towards me for a brief moment before returning his gaze to the new man. “Welcome back, Mr. Harrington.”

“Ah, you’re acting so stiff, Senri.” Harrington smiled, walking over to Senri patting his shoulder. “So.” He turned his attention to me. “Is she a new one you just got? Or were you hiding her from me?” The man laughed softly, “Not like you could though.” He muttered taking a few steps to close the distance between him in the cage I lay in.

Senri awkwardly cleared his throat. “Yes, she’s new. We just dug her up after.. A mess had happened.” Senri spoke, with uncertainty creeping into his voice as he watched the man kneel down in front of me. 

“Oh?” The man spoke, leaning forward before leaning back suddenly having finally noticed my eyes I took it. Are my eyes really that dull that people can hardly see that they are red? Or something else at play here? Mentally frowning as I stare at the man who turned to Senri.

“A vampire? You got a vampire?!” The man stood quickly walking over grasping Senri’s shoulders. “How much is she?” The man spoke, not being able to hide his feelings about me.

“We’re not selling her,” Senri spoke, his tone was iron.

“W-What why not?! You put her here to tease all the customers that come in?” The man let go of Senri, letting out a huff. “You disappoint me Senri! Even when you are in debt you still hold onto a slave.” The man crossed his arms staring at Senri.

Senri glared at the man. “I don’t tease my customers! Do you see a sign that she’s for sale!” He motioned his hand over towards her - which in fact had no sign that stated she was for sale in the first place. The man frowned seeing this as a fact, before turning his gaze back to Senri.

“So what! She can single-handedly put you out of debt! Yet you’re holding her as if-” The man stopped before he started to laugh loudly. “I see how it is!” The man slapped his knee, shaking his head as he kept laughing like a mad man. “You see her as your daughter! Ahaha! That’s so fucking funny Senri! Are you sure your old age isn’t catching up to you?!” 

I was stunned at the man he was spouting - the old man thought of me as his daughter?!  Blah! As if! Grand-daughter is more close fetched then daughter! What is this guy even thinking spouting nonsense! 

The old man - Senri frowned as he watched the man laugh. “Why do you think it’s so funny to hold someone dear?” He motioned towards me. “She’s also a god damn child! I’m not like you who sell children to the highest bidder for them to do anything they want! You’re a sick fuck Keith! I only allow you here to buy not to degrade my name in my fucking store!” I could see a vein pop out of Senri’s forehead as he yelled at this man - who now I learned is Keith. 

The yelling had snapped Keith out of his fit of laughter, putting his arms up backing up. “I didn’t mean to disgrace your name Senri, you know this. It’s just funny how you are keeping her in a cage if you care for her so much. Also, I thought I told you I don’t sell them either! I train them to become servants!” 

The two men stared at each other before they slowly dialed back, as Senri coughed. “Anyway.” Senri spared a glance towards me before turning his attention back to Keith. “We got more slaves if you want to look at them - if you are still in the mood that is.”

Keith rubbed his eyes before nodding slightly. “Sure. I wouldn’t mind seeing what you got this time around - though I doubt anything would be as good as her.” He motioned towards me with his hand - I really am starting to hate that they think I can’t hear them talking about me right in front of me. Do you think I’m deaf?!

I let out a faint huff, hitting the metal bars of the cage with no strength - through a metal ding echoed through the room as the three pairs of eyes landed on me in alarm. I didn’t even spare a glance at them, resting my head on my palms. So stupid and selfish people! No one changes! Even my parents are the same, and now this grandpa! 

I quietly let out a human growl, staring at the floor away from their feet. I still felt their stares on me before I heard three sets of footsteps shuffling out of the room to go down to the horrid basement. I can’t stand them! Even when they are gone - at least don’t motion towards and talk about me if I don’t even exist!

I’m already starting not to trust that man more! So stupid, stupid, stupid! I already hate this cage! I hate this place! I hate everything so far! Damn my fate! Damn it for playing with my life like I’m a plaything for it! So stupid! I’m… Really stupid… I let out a faint sigh, closing my eyes slowly...

13