Chapter 12 [ More Questions than Answers ]
367 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt comfortable… I don’t think a cage is supposed to feel this comfortable. I slowly opened my eyes - what greeted me was a small room. The place my head was laying was damp, slowly sitting up peering around the room more. It was a really small room; only a single bed and a dresser able to fit in the room. I slowly made my way off of the comfy bed onto the little space of wood right before a wooden door. I grabbed onto the handle before opening the door slowly.

Peering out of the room there was a hallway of course; everything was well lit and there were people busying themselves. They looked like servants - the rich hired them in bulk. So where was I? A rich person’s house? Did someone buy me? Did the man get rid of me? I gripped the side of the door, slowly increasing my strength as I watched the people work.

I have no idea how long I stood there in a frozen state, overthinking everything and trying to figure out where I was before Senri had appeared before me calling my name. “-urity. Purity..” He patted my shoulder which brought me out of my daze. “Purity.” I blinked a few times looking at him. I backed up staring at him before seeing a butler behind Senri, accompanied by a maid.

“Y-Yes?” I stuttered out weakly.

Senri gave a warm smile still kneeling at my eye level. “I thought I lost you there,” He chuckled gently, slowly standing upright. “Sorry for bringing you to my home without asking - I’m surprised you slept the whole way here last night.”

“Y-Y-Your home..?” I kept stuttering, my voice was sleepy but with a hint of worry embedded.

“Yes.” He spoke simply, “You don’t have to worry about anything Purity.” He added gently. “Never mind that, let’s go get you some breakfast.” Senri motioned for me to follow - I hesitated as I saw the butler follow after Senri as the maid stood there not moving. I’m guessing she was waiting for me to follow after him.

I turned my attention to the maid for a moment before walking after Senri, looking around the hall’s decorations as I walked. The whole house that I’ve seen has dark wood for the walls, then brighter wood making up the tops and the bottoms of the wall. The ceilings were a bright-colored wood, as the flooring was a soft red carpet.

As I was staring down at the carpet thinking how hard it would be to clean with all these people I bumped into someone, which I ended up stumbling backward quickly only to be gently held from behind as I was about to fall backward. Looking up towards who I bumped into I saw it was the butler, who was also staring down at me. I quickly looked down, before I heard a soft chuckle.

“It seems you are too distracted to see where you are headed.” I looked up towards Senri, who was the source. “S-.. S-Sorry..” I muttered meekly, biting the inside of my cheek.

“Come now,” He spoke before starting to walk once more - which I followed making sure not to lose focus on where I was going. Though this didn’t stop me from looking at the decorations of the walls as we passed by them.

As we entered the dining room, I instantly noticed a large chandelier that hangs in the middle of the large table in the middle of the room. The carpet was colorful, making a pattern, unlike the hallway carpets. “Sit, sit.” He motioned me over to a chair next to his which was at the head of the table.

Taking up his offer to sit onto a cushioned chair - I have to wonder how much money this man has. Everything is so grand - is he a noble? His voice broke my train of thought as I was thinking of other possibilities of how much money he has.

“Now I have to warn you that now that you are a vampire you won’t be able to eat normal food anymore…” Senri sounded upset for me. I turned my attention towards him - “I-I know… But what am I going to drink for blood?” The man smiled slightly.

“I have animal blood that is mixed with some human blood... I rather not have you try drinking from anyone that works here without controlling your thirst first… Unless you are in danger.”

How does he know all of this?

I tilt my head to the side staring at him. “How do you know all of this?” Senri laughed softly from my confused look.

“I have a few vampire maids - which they are going to look after you. Honestly, I’m surprised you are even awake while it’s morning.” He coughed. “Anyway,” He looked over towards his butler which in return bowed before disappearing through a set of large doors - which I’m guessing is the kitchen due to the sweet smell of food permeating through the air.

Even though I was sidetracked by the smell of food I turned my attention to the maid that was behind me. Now getting a better look at her - and focusing on her I do see her red eyes. Though she is acting strange - she started to twitch when I looked at her. My attention was brought away from the twitching maid as someone set a fancy looking glass in front of me - the red liquid swaying slightly within.

“You can drink if you would like.” I heard Senri speak from the side, as my hands gripped onto the large glass. My fangs were aching in pain as I stared at the blood - which smelled a hundred times better than the food that was brought out. Pressing my lips against the edge of the glass sloppily but silent I started to drink the blood quickly. I felt my core become warm - as it also warmed my body. It took me a few seconds to finish the glass before I set it down onto the table, licking my lips slowly.

I opened my eyes which I seemed to close unconsciously. I looked around to see Senri eating his breakfast but I could feel a pair of eyes digging into me from behind - it must be the maid.  I kept staring at Senri tilting my head. “You live alone?” I managed to speak softly, staring at the man.

Senri froze for a split second before looking up towards me. “Yes..” He spoke, before going back to eating his meal.

He is hiding something from me, I think everyone here is. Is he a noble? Does he mess with a darker market then just slaves? Why did he bring me here? So many questions and I can’t even get an answer from the man because I would rather not find out what he has in store for me. Bringing my attention to my hands that rest on my lap - I still felt warm.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

I felt a soft hand resting on my shoulder, gently shaking me. “Mistress.” I heard a soft tone, sounding feminine. Opening my eyes looking over towards the voice to be welcomed by two maids - the twitching one and a one - which was waking me. She also had red eyes; though the duo looked stunned dazing at me. “M-Mistress..” The two maids went onto their knees bowing their heads at me.

I was shocked staring down at the two, but I felt something awful familiar with them now - like something had clicked into place. “I feel different.” I hear myself saying quietly, which the two maids looked up once I spoke. “A-Ah M-Mistress.” The twitchy maid spoke, “I may be bold to say you have awakened truly..” As she spoke a notification appeared in my vision.

 

[ “Fallen Princess” title added to user ]

 

Wait?! Another title?! And Princess?! Why is my fate dragging me into a hell hole again!

13