Chapter 13 [ Most Things Come in Groups ]
324 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I scrunch my face together staring at the description of my new title - it does little with being a Princess thankfully though I have a few questions about my ‘true self’ it relates to. I gently rubbed my forehead before looking from my blue box to the two vampires that are still bowed staring down at the floor. I sighed looking back to the blue box before taking one more glance at the details.

 

[ Fallen Princess ] < Inherited >

You are closer to your ‘true self’ - having reincarnation grace you once more on your adventure. Lone vampires have a higher chance of obeying your commands. The host’s body has gone through some small changes, your eye color is now a dull purple. Your skin is whiter, almost as white as snow though a few shades darker.

 

I closed the box mentally as it disappeared from my vision. I stared at the two vampires before letting out a sigh. “What are your names…” The two of them looked up towards me instantly - the one that was with me the whole time spoke first. 

“Eve,” I responded by nodding before turning my attention to the other.

“Erma…” She responded, not meeting my gaze.

I stared at Erma for a few seconds before sighing, getting off of my chair slowly. “Where is Senri?” I asked, looking towards Eve.

“I think he is getting ready to go to his workplace, Mistress,” Eve answered rather quickly. “And where is he getting ready,” I asked, gripping my hand gently. Eve and Erma quickly got up from the floor. “Let me lead you…” Eve bowed her head as she started to lead me out of the dining room.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

After walking me through these rich halls we finally arrived at a large hall. The place was grand and I thought the normal hallways were rich looking - this screamed riched. There were even some guards standing at some of the pillars. They weren’t holding visible weapons - I’m leaning towards him doing something else then just running a slave shop.

I saw Senri talking to some of his guards seemingly, or people he knew. They were giving off-air of seasoned warriors - or elite people. Maybe nobles? Eve was now behind me as well as Erma. Even though the people around Senri gave me the chills I still walked over to them. I was oddly more silent than normal - they didn’t even notice me until I grabbed onto Senri’s elbow gently.

I saw him twitch his body tensing up before he saw me standing there - he quickly relaxed. “I never thought you could sneak up on me like th-” He paused, staring at my eyes before giving a weak smile.

“I see there is more than meets the eye with you.” He laughs softly, before eyeing the two maids behind me. There was a small *ahem* from the group of men as Senri looked over to them awkwardly rubbing the back of his head. “Ah, sorry guys..”

“Care to introduce us to this young lady you have here?” The only lady in the group spoke, looking me over before looking back to Senri.

Senri laughed, patting my back bringing me forward to be seen by the rest of the group. I wanted to lower my head under all the gazes but something urged me to meet them head-on, and don’t show weakness in front of them. “This is my…” He gave a faint pause, “daughter Purity.” He smiled. I swear I saw the woman’s face twitch - and I’m a hundred percent sure mine did too.

“So you got another?” One of the men spoke, looking towards me before turning his attention back to Senri after lingering his eyes on my own.

“Is that a bad thing?” Senri muttered, looking over to the man.

“I rather not see you a mess like when you lost the other one you took in Senri. You’re our leader. What are you going to do with her when we go help out at the dungeon that started all of this mess?”

Senri twitched slightly, his hand still pressed against my back. “I’m going to take her with us.”

The group stared at Senri before bringing their gazes to me, seemingly sizing me up. “Impossible.” The woman muttered looking back to Senri.

“You’ll get her killed!” The woman added yelling at him.

Honestly, I am quite surprised - so Senri isn’t some kind of dark person he’s also an adventurer. He must be quite a big shot to afford this big of a house - I don’t believe that the slave shop funds all of this. I turn my attention to Senri who was looking right at me as well. I wiggled my nose slightly at all the attention I was gathering from these people.

“You’ll come with me right?” Senri asked gently.

“To The Fallen… Dungeon?” I muttered out - which caused all of them to freeze.

“What did you say?” The woman spoke, pushing past Senri, grabbing a hold of my shoulders getting down to my eye level.

“T-The F-F-Fallen?” I stuttered, staring at this woman’s face.

“How do you know the name of the dungeon?” She asked, her voice going calm and rather quiet as she stared intently at me.

“T-Title..” I managed to mutter out.

The woman finally let go of my shoulders looking over to Senri. “I guess we got no choice but to bring her, don’t we? She must be the key to that door.”

Everyone agreed instantly after I said the name of my title - is this my fate dragging me into a mess I rather not poke with a stick? I frowned slowly, looking down at my hands. I am rather unlucky when it comes to my fate. Though I was wondering what the other parts of my title were.

I pulled up my title once more to get another look at it.

 

[ Blessing of The Fallen ]

  The power of the fallen pulse through your veins after you’ve touched its essence. Strengthening your body and your mind. Overall strength increased by a static 5%, you can spot the undead when they are close - there is a 20% chance they will ignore or won’t sense you. Your footsteps are muffled as well as your speed is increased by 3% when you walk or run. This blessing is only partly ingrained into the host. [ 1 / 4 ]

 

So there are four parts to my ‘Blessing’ the system puts it under. I looked up towards Senri. “Senri,” I muttered, which brought attention back towards me. “The title.. Isn’t complete…” I muttered weakly.

Senri frowned slightly before patting my head softly. “So the rest of it is in the dungeon I’m guessing… Where did you find the first part?”

“I saw… A glowing tree at my house and I touched it…” I muttered, looking to the side slightly before turning my eyes back to Senri.

The woman started to laugh softly, but quickly muffled herself with her palm. “This must be fate to have her sold to you.”

That one word made me twitch, clenching my fists together. Fate. Fate fate fate… Why do people say fate like it is something so little to them? I don’t understand why people don’t take fate as a serious matter. 

I felt a small pat on my shoulder, glaring over to the offender which was Senri - which he had a look of shock as my anger was projected toward him. I think what surprised him the most was my killing intent that was mixed in unconsciously. Or maybe due to how strong the intent was, either way, it made him retract his hand instantly. “A-Ah sorry Purity…” He muttered, staring at me.

The group stopped talking as well before there was an awkward cough. “I think Purity and I should go to the shop for now. I’ll meet you guys later…” Senri spoke awkwardly, as he pushed me gently to the entranceway before putting a large cloak over me - at least he was thinking for me before we stepped into the sun - honestly I wonder how dark it is in here it looks perfectly normal for me.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

The way to the shop was an interesting walk - coming out of a large house and walking out of the noble area being watched by nobles and the gatekeeper alike - I honestly felt like an odd one out. At least we’re now in the normal section of town though it felt like Senri knew tons of people - which is to be expected I guess. 

I kept eyeing everyone quietly, making sure not to make eye contact with them. I rather not scare poor souls that look towards us - though it would be funny to watch. A small smirk formed on my face slowly. I looked over slowly to Senri, grabbing his sleeve. “We there yet?” I muttered - if only I knew where we were.

“Yes,” Senri simply spoke, looking at me before returning to looking at the street.

Blah! Wish he could say more than just that - like how much time is left or something. Whatever, I will have to learn where we are plus the way around town so I guess it will help even if it’s not a lot.

We arrived at the shop a few minutes later- getting a better look at the place. I have to say it looks richer than the other shops on the street, to say the least. He opened the door before we all walked into the store. It all looked the same - besides the cages that were labeled ‘Rare’ are gone.

I took off my hood, moving my fingers through my hair slowly. My fangs were throbbing - was I hungry? Though why wouldn’t my belly be aching in pain as well? I need to learn more about myself - well my new body at least. Though I have to question what the system was hinting towards - am I going to change more than I already am?

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door opening with a soft ring of the bell going off behind us. I turned to see who entered - especially if that crazy guy came again I rather not deal with his crap today - he is annoying. Though who came through that door made me feel sick to my stomach. 

“Purity?” A man spoke - to be more specific, my former father spoke; Nishi. Behind him was my former family - how am I going to deal with seeing them so soon already? 

“Purity I-"

13