Chapter 14 [ Old Family ]
331 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Purity, I didn’t expect to see you here,” Nishi spoke, as Akibara moved past him.

“What a pleasant surprise to see you two back so soon; even brought your oldest here. What are you three looking for today?” Senri spoke, stepping forward bringing the attention away from me, even just for a second.

“Ah right,” Nishi looked over to Senri. “We are hoping we can buy a cheap slave to help around the farm. Do you have any cheap ones?” He spoke, before he turned his sight to me, seemingly looking at me up and down like I was some type of doll in his eyes.

“Hmm... A cheap slave huh..” Senri turned around walking over to the desk, motioning Nishi to follow him.

I turned my head to stare at the Akibara and Arita who were staring at me - in shock it seems. “It’s rude to stare.” I heard from behind me - I think it was Eve, I doubt Erma would speak aloud with so many people.

I heard Akibara click her tongue. “So what? What are you going to do about me staring at my daughter.”

I must have laughed - cause she gave me a death glare. I wave my hand at them - covering my mouth. “I think you sold me right?” I spoke softly, looking up towards her. “I guess I’m worth so much money you want me back.” I smiled softly - though I saw her twitch - did I give off my killing intent again? Oops.

I turned walking over to where Senri was, moving up to his side. I spoke in the sweetest tone - with a hint of mockery intertwined within as well. “Father, I’m hungry.” I saw Senri twitched, and I bet everyone is looking at us - well besides the two right behind me.

“O-Oh?” Senri looked down towards me. I gave him a small smile - “Isn’t that a good price?” I spoke, tilting my head to the side. “Give them a good enough slave and you know?” I never looked away from Senri’s face, my hands grasped behind me back - a totally innocent look plastered on my face.

It took him a moment before smiling, patting my head gently. “I see what you mean. We can do that.” He turned towards Nishi, “So you can have a slave if all of you give us something in return.” He took out a paper and started writing before handing it over to Nishi as he was finished.

Nishi peered down at the paper, quickly reading through what Senri wrote, a grim look slowly appearing on his face. He looked up towards Senri - “What does ‘Undefined Payment’ written on here mean?” Senri took a glance towards me before back towards him. “You all have to sign before I will tell you.” He motioned toward the group.

“Ridiculous!” Akibara spoke suddenly, marching over to the counter taking the paper from Nishi reading over it.

Senri snorted softly. “It’s quite in favor of you - maybe I could add that you also have to pay with Yuldo to make sure to get the point across that this payment that is on the paper is already dirt cheap.” He motioned towards me. “But I rather not displease my daughter,” he stressed the word “Anymore then I already am today.”

Nishi frowned looking towards me, I was staring at Senri quietly, before slowly looking over towards Nishi staring at him coldly. Now that I notice the height difference Senri is a little taller - the things you notice idly.

Akibara looked over towards me as I compared the two men before she scoffed, “Fine,” She grabbed a pen writing her name. She motioned for Nishi and Arita to follow suit.

Senri took the paper, before looking towards me - seemingly hoping to get a reaction. I think he was quickly disappointed that I just gazed at him emptily without a hint of emotion.

He coughed, motioning to the side room. “Let us get to this payment.”

As the four started their way over, I turned my head towards Eve - my silent order was understood - or probably as she bowed walking away. I started to follow the group into the side room

“- I hope you all understand.” Is what I walked into - I guess I missed something.

All eyes were on me, I had a slight frown from all the stares before Eve returned, closing the door behind her before placing three slightly oversized cups in front of each of them before walking over to me, handing me a fancy but silk goblet. Turning the goblet slowly, I saw that the glass had embers embedded. 

Akibara snorted. “So what are we supposed to drink for this payment.” She spoke smugly - I looked over to my trusty maid once more who walked back to the three, placing knives down by their cups.

I tugged on Senri’s sleeve with my spare hand, as I slowly played with my goblet, spinning the shift between my small fingers. “Explain, yes?” I muttered, just loud enough for our group to hear.

Senri let out a quiet sigh, before stepping forward. “Now then,” He spoke awkwardly, looking between the three. “Let me just speak outright - you three have to cut your wrists, and bleed into the cup till it’s almost filled.” He spoke; coldness slowly entering his voice as he spoke seeing the three pale-looking down at the knives.

“B-” Akibara tried to speak before he was entirely cut off.

“You signed a contract,” Senri spoke like he was a building that trenched all the way down to hell.

I question what made him like this, lost his family, an adventure, a slave dealer, what else is he hiding under his old head. I slowly glanced over to Senri, narrowing my eyes slowly before the smell of iron started to fill the air. I had to hold myself back from digging my fangs into the source - which was surprising Nishi who cut himself first.

“This is going to take a while,” I muttered aloud, closing my eyes slowly.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

The idiots were finally gone, as I was drinking some of their blood. I looked over to Senri who was staring down at a paper. “Not painful enough?” I spoke, my coldness had thawed now that they left - just sounding emotionless. He looked up towards me, staring at me for a moment for a faint grin formed.

“No I think it was great; especially we got rid of a slave we couldn’t get rid of. On the talk of it, how do you rate their blood?” He chuckled faintly.

“At most a three - it’s poor,” I muttered, tipping my goblet up to drink the rest of the blood before licking the lips slowly. “Some of it is also cold,” I muttered weakly. I opened my mouth before closing it, a frown slowly forming.

Why am I changing now that I notice it? My emotions and thoughts process it changing way too much to be me. Ever since I became one with the soul I started to change rapidly, even my race is different. Even before and now, I press my palm against my forehead letting out a sigh.

“I’ve changed haven’t I?” I spoke aloud, which caused Senri to freeze as I stared up towards him.

“So you noticed.” He spoke simply, before nodding his head slowly. “You have. I didn’t know if you saw what was happening - but I guess you did, or maybe you just did.”

He waved his hand slightly to the side as I opened my mouth to speak. “No, I don’t think it’s bad for you to change Purity. But I don’t think you understand how much you changed. Your emotions and everything is all jumbled up.”

“Maybe I should take you somewhere so you can see how stronger you are, and how your emotions changed.” He stood up, walking over to me slowly crouching down.

I stared into his eyes quietly, before slowly nodding. “I can accept that,” I mumbled, bringing my full goblet of blood to my lips. Even if the blood is cold at least it will still warm my core at least - plus side of things even if the blood is lower quality, plus from those bugs.

14