Chapter 15 [ The Change Within ]
318 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Senri smiled slightly as I agreed. He walked over to place his palm against it before the wall shook or a brief moment before a doorway appeared in front of them. The only thought that came into mind - that he was sure hiding more. He was more than meets the eye. I kept an emotionless face walking over to him as he motioned me over.

“You are still hiding something,” I mumbled softly - just loud enough for him to hear.

He glanced back towards me as we made our way down a staircase the wall behind us closing the gap that was formed. He gave a small smile before turning his attention back to the pathway. “Maybe I will tell you in the future.” He laughed gently before adding. “You did call me your father.” He shook his head as the light started to appear at the end of the seemly endless stairway.

“Maybe more than a handful,” I muttered, closing my eyes as we walked into the large room. It was a dome-shaped - slowly looking around the room noticing a few other walkways. He sat down at a table in the middle of the large dome room - I’m guessing the middle of this underground building.

I sat down next to him, still looking around. It was built of stone - but I can tell that there was something glowing on the walls. I have no idea what it was but all I know is something was there. Ignoring the glowing objects on the bricks, I looked around the lightly stuffed room. There were some red carpets, besides the small table and five chairs around said table there wasn’t anything else.

Turning my attention back towards Senri. “So, how much have I changed mentally?” I asked, tilted my head to the side slowly holding my cheek with my small palm. He chuckled softly, seemingly getting comfortable as he shifted his body around.

“You aren’t acting like a child anymore Purity.” He put it simply, “Do you even remember how old you are anymore?” He asked.

I froze, staring down at the table quietly.

How old was I? The question was bounced around my head - trying to remember that wasn’t that long ago. But why does it feel like it’s been at least a thousand years? I grimaced at the fact that more has changed then I even thought - something I should know simply gets overwritten.

“Seems like you forgot.” Senri’s voice rang out - taking me out of my thought process looking up towards him. He chuckled softly, staring at me gently. “I won’t tell your age if you don’t remember. Not important for you it seems anymore. Let me put it straight you’ve changed too much. Within a span of a few days.” He shook his head.

I simply nodded slowly. “I-.. I understand.”  I muttered softly, looking away staring at one of the walkways. “And my physical change?” I turned back to Senri.

He snorted softly. “We can go to the training field. Though you should train.” He stood up, fixing his shirt.

“Train?” I asked, standing up as well moving over to his side before he started to walk us to the training yard he spoke about.

“Mhm - you know you said you’d follow us into hell right?” I nodded slightly.

“Well, we need you trained to the point that you can protect yourself and the others - mainly my group and I. I dunno if we are going to bring your two followers - I think already keeping the fact that you are a vampire is already going to be hard enough.” He let out a sigh softly. “Especially at night, you’ll probably always have a night watch with one other person if what I am hearing is a hundred percent correct.”

“Is it that bad?” I mumbled - I don’t really know what I got myself into don’t I? I just hope it isn’t anything that’s going to instantly kill me if I try to fight it - though I bet any kind of boss will be able to huh… Maybe training will help; ok it will help but how am I going to train.

“Very.” He simply put it, as we made it into the training area. “I miss using this place.” He walked over to a punching bag gently placing his palm against it. He turned to face me before moving away from the bag. “We’ll use this to test your strength but we’ll train you outside - due to your size I think you’ll be better at short swords or daggers.” He shrugged slightly. “I don’t expect you to wield a large two-handed great sword.” He joked. “Anyway.” He gently hit the bag - “Hit this for me with all you got.”

He stepped away from the punching bag - as I walked over to it eyeing it. I can already tell this is not normal from the fact he wants me to punch it. Wonder the last time he used this place if he said he misses it. I clenched my fist moving my arm back - I felt something tug shifting my posture before bringing my fist forward slamming into the bag.

There was a loud slap - the bag swinging back all the way before swinging forward as I dodged out of the way before looking over to a grinning Senri. “So you’re at least a C rank huh?” He asked, crossing his arms staring down at me like he was looking at something he could treasure.

“I’m not an object.” I simply mumbled, looking over to the swinging punching bag. “C rank?” I questioned, watching the punching bag slowly stop.

“Your rank - well I guess it is a monster ranking due to you not being an adventurer.” He slowly patted her head. “Well… Let’s go up top and let’s train you…” I swear I saw an evil smile formed as he looked down at me. I have a feeling that I’m going to dread this training - I hope I won’t die.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

[ Time Skip ]

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

If anyone asked me how almost three months of training felt - well I would break every bone in someone’s body and heal them, then repeat four times a day making sure it hurts more each time. He’s a devil teacher - at least I’m not level one anymore. I let out a sigh before noticing a blinking notification at the corner of my vision.

 

[ Title Skills unlocked ]

[ Added Graceful Movement and  Wind Dance ]

 

I was planning on writing the training - but thought I would bring the action sooner rather than later. >~<"

 

11