Chapter 16 [ Group Meeting ]
274 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Title Skills? That’s.. Interesting. So everyone has title skills then? I shrug slightly at bringing up what the two skills brought to the table.

 

[ Graceful Movement ] [ LV 1 ] < Title Skill >

 

  The host moves gracefully - even in combat. You are more likely to get blood on yourself due to your natural instinct. 

[ Wind Dance ] [ LV 1 ] < Title Skill >

 

  The host seemingly dances on the wind when fighting - combined with Graceful Movement you are even deadlier if you get close to your enemies.

 

My natural instinct... To get blood on myself. I dunno if I’m going to like this skill - even though it seems like a passive. However, this Wind Dance seems to influence my attacks - dancing huh. I never danced before - this is going to be horrible. I shouldn’t tell him about my new skills or he will try to grind me on them till I can at least do them almost perfectly. I felt a shiver run up my spine as I thought about it.

I slowly turned my head to peer out the window seeing the sunlight slowly peeking its way through the edges of the window. I should get ready - we leave today. I wonder if my training paid off or not. I can at least hope it has - he didn’t tell me what kind of monsters we are gonna face.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

I - well we are standing right outside of Senri’s house. He was busy talking to his group as I inspected my clothing, gently tugging on my long black cloak making sure to keep the hood up to cover my face from the sunlight. Under my cloak, I was wearing a simple black dress. Hopefully, I won’t ruin it on the walk too - or are we riding on something? I never did ask…

I also had my short sword attached to my hip with its sheath. The sheath was the only thing that wasn’t black - minus the sword itself. I sighed looking up towards the group of talking adults before slowly making my way towards them. Sadly I haven’t learned their names yet - and I don’t really mind that fact. I doubt they see me as someone who can carry their weight.

I stopped next to Senri quietly, eyeing the group of adventurers - they did dress the part as well. I cast my gaze down as one of the members looked down at me - I didn’t really want to be looked at - they thought I’d die anyway so why would it matter. 

“So we’re all ready then,” Senri spoke to all of us - as I finally paid attention to their conversation. They all seemingly gave a silent agreement before I felt a hand on my back gently pushing me forward. “We’re heading to the guild to meet up with the rest of the groups,” Senri spoke - mainly towards me.

Wonder how many groups are gonna be there - plus I will have to keep myself hidden around other people as well. Ugh so stressful, keeping myself hidden from the sun and others. Plus trying to sneak in my daily blood - which we did bring small tubes for me. So I won’t starve and go crazy - I rather that not happen to me.

I slightly looked up towards Senri - staring at him for a second. “How many groups will be there?” I muttered softly. Senri shrugged slightly, glancing down towards me. “I don’t know - at least five I’m pretty sure. I don’t think many people nor adventurers are having a great time with everything dying off from the curse.” He shook his head facing forward - “No one but you seemed to gain anything - we all lost something.” He spoke quietly as he added the last part.

I stared at Senri for a brief moment before looking back to the ground. All lost something bla bla bla - I don’t really care. Not like they cared for me either - plus now you’re just using me to get rid of this curse. Then you’d probably throw me away like a used tool. So stupid… I let out a faint sigh, clenching my fist. At least I will get stronger by the end of this - if I live that is.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

I thought we’d be going inside of the guild but Senri led us to the side to the back of it - which now I notice there is a huge square behind the guild. Getting a closer look at the place I see a number of sections for brawling and other training areas - they look way safer then what I had to deal with - lucky people. Bringing my attention forward as our group moved our way to the front of a decent size crowd - from what I can see; which isn’t much.

We stopped before a raised wooden platform - with two groups of people standing on either side of it with two people in the middle staring into the crowd. Having noticing our group arriving and standing near the front - giving me a second glance before looking towards the rest of the group nodding his head towards them.

“It seems everyone has arrived.” The hushed voices of the other groups grew silent as the man started to speak. “Everyone should know who I am,” No I didn’t actually - I can ask later I guess. “I’m going to be leading this raid to destroy the dungeon core and the curse itself to cure what we have lost - even if it is only in our memories.”

He went silent for a moment, bowing his head slightly. “We have to make sure no other family will have to lose what is close to them.” There was another pause of silence before he coughed to clear the depressive air. “We are going to head out tonight - make sure to pack everything you will need on the trip.” He scanned the crowd quickly. “Unless you are already prepared then you can stay here and chat with the other groups to get to know each other.”

“You are all dismissed.” He waved his hand before stepping back - most of the groups left the grounds making their way back to gather the rest of their things. In the meantime, the two groups on the platform came down to greet us - or more or less Senri’s group.

“Senri glad you can make it!” The man held his hand out shaking Senri’s hand. “Now who you got here?” He turned his gaze towards me. I leaned my head down further not meeting his gaze. Why do people always stare - they are like animals aren’t they...

12