Chapter 17 [ The Key ]
224 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Senri smiled staring at his friend - well what I could take as his friend. But I could be wrong - could know each other. “This is our key.” He spoke simply, looking down towards me before up towards his friend. The man frowned his eyes burning into me as I slowly looked to meet his gaze a frown appearing on my face as well. 

“Is she really?” He turned his gaze to Senri, a frown still plastered on his face. “Plus you called her an object as if she wasn’t a person. Here I thought you grew out of your past Senri.” The man shook his head before he reached over gently patting my head. “I’m Eli.” He spoke softly, staring at me - he had a stone face but his eyes looked gentle. “Purity,” I answered softly slowly closing my eyes.

“It’s a pleasure - now Senri.” He looked up towards Senri I’m guessing I kept my eyes closed slowly zoning out as I turned my attention away from the group. The courtyard is quite empty most people were gone or in their own group. Most of them just chatting or training. I slowly made my way out of our grouping, slowly moving my way towards the sparring arena which two people were already fighting.

I stopped by the edge of the area with the rest of the spectators which were betting and  spouting support for one of the two fighters. Most people didn’t seem to notice a small child standing upon them. Do I have that little presence after I turned? I let out a faint sigh, slowly looking up staring up at the fight which was close to it’s end it seemed. One of the men who were sparring flew out to the side of the arena laying on the ground groaning.

“Ahaha! Maybe in a few more years, you can catch up to me!” The seemly older man who was left laughed loudly - though he didn’t seem like he was mocking when he was laughing at the younger man. “So who’s next?” The man spoke, looking around the people who were standing around the arena. 

His gaze seemly froze on me - though everyone else seemly unaware of me standing right next to them. “What are you doing here little miss?” he spoke, making the surrounding people confused, looking around them - they didn’t catch my figure it seems as I didn’t feel any gazes on me. I slowly shrugged staring at the man as he approached me - as the people nearby finally took notice stepped back - I don’t know in shock or because the man was kneeling before me to be eye level. 

“Who are you with?” He asked, looking around the crowd as many of them shied away not wanting to be confused to be my guardian. “Senri - “ I motioned my hand back towards where I thought my group was still with Eli. “Senri huh…” He stared deeply in my eyes for a moment before standing up.

He went back into the arena before turning towards me motioning for me to step in. I frowned before slowly stepped into the arena. “So why are you here with him?” He asked as he took a couple of steps back before facing me. I sighed softly - “Key.” I simply spoke, before slowly fixing my outfit. “Why did you want me in the arena?” He smiled slowly - “I wanted to see if he really got soft after all these years.” He let out a soft breath before sprinting over - which was only two steps away for an adult before he thrusted a punch directed to target my head. He seemed to hold back as I easily side-stepped moving quickly away from him.

I didn’t really have a stance - just leaving my arms dangle at my sides as I saw him smile turning back to face me. “You can dodge simple punches.” He commented offhandedly, before sending another punch towards me - aimed at the same spot but quicker. Though to tell you the truth it seemed like the same speed - as I easily and simply moved to pass his fist.

He frowned as he stared at me. “Are you an adventure?” He suddenly asked.

“No..” I muttered before he suddenly threw another fist toward me. I didn’t react fast enough to easily dodge - so I went forward, letting the fist went over my head as I bring my little fist toward his gut before there was a soft thud. As the man coughed from the sudden impact pushing the man back out of the arena. 

He stared at me as I turned around walking away from the whispering crowd. I didn’t care what he had to say nor anyone else as I made my way back to Senri and Eli’s group muttering to myself. He launched himself back - the only reason why he moved that far back. He felt rock solid - wonder how strong the man is, or I am too weak to be thinking I can live during this raid.

I absently mindedly bumped into someone- stumbling backward as before I stared up towards the person whom I bumped into. “S-Sorry..” I muttered - before meeting the gaze of another girl who is just slightly taller than me - she seemed like a wall when I ran into her. She looked at me before just nodding. “Sorry as well.” She spoke simply - eyeing me before nodding her head before walking pass me. “You were soft by the way.” She whispered before disappearing into the growing crowd.

I turned to try to see where she went - through the newly arrived groups blocked my limited sight before I felt a hand on my shoulder turning towards the person - which happened to be Senri. “We were looking for you.” He frowned before pulling me back to the group. “I found her,” Senri spoke as we reached the mixed group. “That’s good.” Eli motioned us over smiling.

Eli slowly moved out of the way for the girl from earlier being behind him. “We are going to bring with us as well.” I stared at the girl - quietly as she did the same before a small smile appeared on her face. “So you are the key.” She spoke softly - just enough for me to hear. “It’s a pleasure.” She gave me a small creepy smile.

10