Chapter 20 [ Just the Start ]
110 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let me say this now rather than later - while I did basically ghosted everyone this will probably be have awful chapters updates if any after this. I am writing another story currently, so sense I'm in the mood to write this is more of spurt of writing. I'll try to push chapters again.. Hopefully.

The endless storm of undead slowly pushed back the adventure group, I was back with my group finishing off the Cursed Beings. We didn’t want them to rise back up, hell we don’t even know they will but it’s better safe than sorry in the long run. I suppressed the urge to look at my notifications, that will bring a down fall to the current coordination I have with the rest of the group. I kept taking glanced to the other groups – watching them fall back trying to group up with others to better withstand the onslaught. The air started to fill with blood, as more and more people got chopped down by the undead. I turned my eyes towards Eli – watching him destroy multiple Cursed Beings at a time. His face was black, as his group too slowly was pushed backwards, as the hoard seemed never ending.

 

“Sir Lawrence!” Came a voice from a far yelling above the on-going chaos. “I think we need to group to make a killing circle!” The man’s voice was barely heard – but people seemed to accept the fact as they slowly closed on each other. As the groups formed up – the swarm of Cursed Beings came harsher, sprinting over to them trying to plunge their jagged swords into the ill prepared adventurers. The falling ash didn’t help spot these undead – the more undead we killed it seemed the ash became thicker.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

Two hours passed without a break – the group slowly inching their way through the storm, killing the undead in their path. The undead slowly became lesser, the ash fading away as they made it to the other side of the ash storm. There was a small clearing before another wall of ash was looming just behind. Eli motioned the wearily group to sit – they have lost almost half of the people they brought with them. Some people had severe injuries, having lost arms, and hands. Some people had chunks missing out of their bodies – as if the undead bit them tearing at their flesh as the group moved through the storm.

The next section seemed worse than the first – the ash seemed to have dark red strips pulsing within it. But barely anyone paid heed to the looming threat as they tried to heal the wounded – or let them end their lives without suffering. I was sitting on a small fire – even I wasn’t spared from the jagged teeth of swords, my clothing ripped with gashes all over my small frame. I didn’t care about my flashing notifications, the essence gained had barely any effect after a few killed Cursed Beings. There might as well be stronger monsters in this hell hole. I pressed my lips together, rubbing my arms slowly. We personally lost two people in our group, while I could less about them – treating me like I was a burden all along Senri wasn’t taking it lightly. He seemed… Isolated – colder than normal.

I slowly turned to look at the next area – the pulsing red veins what really get me. Ash shouldn’t be doing that even if it’s magic. I’m not looking forward to this next area, hopefully just the same monsters but I shouldn’t let that go to my head – those monsters already slain groups of people who weren’t prepared. I doubt we were even prepared in the first place – how come it changed so fast? I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts that were plaguing my mind – I didn’t have time to dwell, there’s still so much to do.

I glanced over to Eli – he seemed to be having a rough time calming down the leaders, there was no going back either way I don’t know why they are fighting. Even if they left as two groups, they were good as dead in front of that swarm. I took a deep breath before opening my notifications being attacked with kill notifications.

 

I earned 180 EXP – that seemed… So little to get to my next level up. I grumbled to myself quietly before bringing up my status to check my skills.

 

Spoiler

「 Status Sheet 」

[ Current Level ]:  5

[ Monster Rank ]: C

[ Adventurer Rank ]: n/a

 

[ HP ]: 99 / 150

[ Stamina ]: 60 / 210

[ Mana ]: 20 / 286

[ EXP ]: 192 / 750

 

    [ Skills ]

 

[ Pain Tolerance ] [ LV 4 ]

 

   The host has slightly dulled pain receptors.

[ Natural Weaponry ] [ LV 3 ]

 

  The host can extend their nails to become claws to attack her enemies.

[ Blood Sucking ] [ LV 2 ]

 

   The host can feed on beings that have blood.

[ Improved Reflexes ] [ LV 4 ]

 

   The host has natural reflexes of a newborn vampire - which are faster than normal human adult males.

[ Improved Strength ] [ LV 3 ]

  

   The host has the strength that equals a newborn vampire - which is stronger than normal human adult males.

 

[ Improved Senses ] [ LV 3 ]

 

   The host has senses that equal a newborn vampire - which is stronger than normal human adult males.

 

[ Flexibility ] [ LV 4 ] < Inherited >

 

   The host is more flexible than human adults and newborn vampires.

 

[ Dagger Mastery  ] [ LV 2 ]

 

  Hosts skill with daggers

 

[ Short Sword Mastery  ] [ LV 2 ]

 

  Host skill with short swords

 

[ Graceful Movement ] [ LV 1 ] < Title Skill >

 

  The host moves gracefully - even in combat. You are more likely to get blood on yourself due to your natural instinct. 

[ Wind Dance ] [ LV 1 ] < Title Skill >

 

  The host seemly dances on the wind when fighting - combined with Graceful Movement you are even deadlier if you get close to your enemies.

[ Awaken ] < Title Skill >

 

  Allows the host to earn essence from Cursed Beings within the Lair of the Fallen. The essence will upgrade the host’s blessing. The essence also increases the host’s speed and strength slightly.

    [ Titles ]

[ Blessing of The Fallen ]

 

  The power of the fallen pulse through your veins after you’ve touched its essence. Strengthening your body and your mind. Overall strength increased by a static 5%, you can spot the undead when they are close - there is a 20% chance they will ignore or won’t sense you. Your footsteps are muffled as well as your speed is increased by 3% when you walk or run. This blessing is only partly ingrained into the host. [ 1 / 4 ]

[ Soul Mending ]

 

  The host’s soul was healed by another; due to your soul being weaker you take on the characteristics of the other soul. Effecting your race, height, weight, and skills, and other things you will get in the future. But your soul is now full - increasing your mana pool by a static 10% and your mana power by 20%. The host also got access to the system - we welcome you.

[ Ethereal Loli ] < Inherited >

 

   Even though death and reincarnation, you still are a loli. Let the destruction of kingdoms, cities, villages, men, and women fall before you. The host is 100% cuter and has a 75% chance of getting past guards without having to pay or go through a search. Though you have a harder time wielding two-handed weapons due to your short size and hands.

 

[ Fallen Princess ] < Inherited >

 

  You are closer to your ‘true self’ - having reincarnation grace you once more on your adventure. Lone vampires have a higher chance of obeying your commands. The host’s body has gone through some small changes, your eye color is now a dull purple. Your skin is whiter, almost as white as snow though a few shades darker.

[collapse]

 

Honestly it still looked horrible – I can’t complain either way, some of my skills did level up. I stood slowly, from my spot – my health and everything else could be more desired but we can’t wait to long. I once more glanced to the next ash storm as the groups formed a new kill circle. “Alright!” Eli shouted quieting down everyone. “We will tread carefully and as a group! People who still need to recover should be in the middle while everyone else should be closer to the outer circle. We don’t know what this storm has in store for us so we all must be careful!” After a few seconds of silence the man turned, leading the circle into the next storm.

 

As soon we passed through the storm – I felt it. A beating of something deep in the storm, I felt it looking before a loud roar was heard – the undead coming from the ground around us – their raged red eyes looking at us like we’re food. The shrieks of the undead was deafening, as once more we were sent into the meat grinder…

 

 

3