Chapter 21 [ In The Depths ]
73 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We only took a few more steps into the depths – the undead crawling out from their holes.  As their bone fingers gripped onto the pulsing ground – veins slowly started to spread around their boney structure. I looked passed the ever-growing undead numbers – looking out into the blood mist in front of us. I felt something – tugging at my strings in my body, calling me over to it. A gruff voice snapped me out of my trance.

“Get your head into the game you stupid bitch.” Senri seethed out.

I remained silent, his true colors leaking out like a never tsunami. It was nice to see him quickly lose his cool – I turned my head back to the front watching as some of the beings sprinted to meet our lines – or jogged over with their bones crackling together. I was forced closer to the front by Senri, his hand gripping my shoulder pushing me forward.

“Get the front – we need to get out of here sooner rather than later and we can’t have someone who can kill these things permanently in the middle of the group.” He tsk’ed- “Useless.” He muttered under his breath.

 I’m guessing he didn’t want me to hear the last bit – of course he should know by now I have great hearing. I didn’t make any sign I heard what he said – moving closer just staying behind the front line, only stabbing the beings as they got to close. Of course, she barely did any damage – she was still trying to regain her stats. We moved at a snail’s pace – as the bloody mist slowly got thicker, the closer we got further and further into the area there was a soft heartbeat. Even if we were far away, it made the ground shiver as it beats.

“What the fuck…” I heard a whisper from someone next to me. I didn’t spare the person a chance – the last being we saw was a few minutes ago – it was too silent as if someone turned off the light. The group came to a sudden stop – she gazed down to the ground, seeing the flesh like ground. It responded to the beating of the seemly heartbeat – the ground squirming. One of the men in-front of her, stepped onto the ground the ground squirmed as blood oozed out of the ground covering their shoe.

“Watch your step.” He simply said, glancing around. “Don’t slip.” He added soon after.

The group slowly marched through the bloody mess – the squishing of blood under their shoes made a disgusting sound. I was shivering – wincing as I held my mouth my teeth starting to throb as I smelled the blood.

After a few minutes of walking, they came to a clearing of mist, it breaks apart before they stopped staring ahead. There was large – almost eight-foot beast. It was welding a wooden bat, as it seemed asleep. The group was frozen – they weren’t even breathing as they stared at it. The heartbeat was coming from the beast. There were purple veins, covering its body as its body shivered as Its eyes opening slowly as it turned it’s focus to them.

The giant stared at them, it’s eyes not moving before it let out roar causing the misfits of the group to scramble away from the giant. The giant watched as they ran away – before lifting its foot up before stumping down onto the ground – causing the world to shake briefly. All the surrounding undead disintegrated – as the ground burst into blood before the blood flew to make a dome, an unlucky fellow getting his arm on the other side before it was cut off – screaming came from the man as he tried to stop the bleeding.

Sorry for the short chapter - I was staring at this forever and couldn't come up with to much currently without staring the fight. On a side note - I fixed my horrible math for calculating character stats...

Spoiler

[ HP ]: 89/89

[ Stamina ]: 63/63

[ Mana ]: 76/76

[ EXP ]: 192 / 378

[collapse]

Yes it was a huge difference - and I suck at doing math when tired. Lol

1