Just what happened?
139 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Ryoku was walking down the streets which lead to his school, He met one of his friends on the way. He was tall and a bit too handsome, most boys stayed away from him because his enchanting looks always garnered the attention of many girls in the school. It was only one day when Ryoku accidentally spoke to him while it was raining. He forgot to bring his umbrella and Ryoku offered to share the umbrella with him. They had a long talk during the short journey. He then got to know that he was a very approachable person. His name is Kasel. 

"Yo!!! Good morning!" he yelled as he ran toward Ryoku.

"Good morning Kasel." He replied with a slight smile on his face.

"Early to school? what's the occasion?" He asked as he placed his arms around the shoulder of Ryoku.

"Nothing really, I just woke up early today." He replied with a poker face this time.

"I get you, Happens with me often too. But I wake up too early. Like, at 5 AM and sometimes 4 AM. And as soon as I wake up, I am like 'Oh shit, I didn't do my homework!!' And I start doing my homework from that time till 7 AM."

"Heh, that's why I advise you to do it before you go to bed"

"Aww, come on. I just don't feel like doing it at that time. I mean in the end, what matters is that I complete my homework."

"Homeworks are boring anyway"

"Agreed"

They spoke to each other until they arrived in front of the school entrance.

"Then see you after school"

Despite being friends, they were in different sections. 

"Well, now what?" He thought to himself as he entered his classroom. Everyone was chatting about various sorts of things except two people. One was a girl who barely spoke to anyone and the other person was Ryoku himself.

As the bell rang, all students sat down in their seats and the homeroom teacher entered the classroom. Everyone rose to bow in front of her.

It was not very soon that regular subject lectures began, Ryoku could barely listen to them because whenever he tried, he would doze off.

After 6 - 7 hours of 'Sleeping'. He was finally free and decided to head towards his sister's school. It was almost time Ruru would also be dispersed. 

He reached there and just as he thought, Ruru was already out near the gate and waiting for him.

"How was the exam?" He asked as he approached her.

"It's quite interesting, you ask the same thing even when you know my answer" She giggled.

"Oi Oi, Have you heard of something known as Courtesy?"

"Yeah, yeah. Let's head back! I am quite hungry.

"mhm, sure"

As they were walking, They passed by a sweet shop. "Was this shop always here?" Ryoku asked as they stopped.

"Hmm? I don't really pay attention to my surroundings. But now that you say it, yeah. I don't remember any sweet shop being here."

How about this. let's check it out" Ryoku suggested. Ruru agreed at once.

And so they entered the shop. There was a wide variety of sweets kept. And to his surprise, they were very cheap. The only thing he was confused about was that he never ever heard of the sweets which were placed there. "Can I have a sample of this white sweet there?" Ryoku asked the woman standing at the counter. She silently walked towards the shelf the sweets were in and gave one to him. He nibbled a small part of it. "This...This is amazing! The sweetness is neither too much nor too less. If it were me, I would pay 10 times that of the current price to eat such a sweet." Ryoku exclaimed.

"Here, have this." Ryoku broke the sweet in half and gave the unbitten part to Ruru. "Mmm, Delicious!" she exclaimed after eating.

"What are you doing here?" A familiar voice spoke to Ryoku. It was none other than Kasel's. "I just saw this newly opened store and wanted to try the sweet" Ryoku replied.

"And most importantly, who is she? Your girlfriend?" Kasel asked with a smirk on his face. 

"N-No! She is my little sister, her name is Ruru"

"Ohh, She doesn't look like your sister," he said in an embarrassing tone. 

"Anyway, how come you came from the opposite direction?"

"Opposite direction? what do you mean?"

"The gate it that direction, how come you came from the opposite side?"

"But that is a dead end. The gate is behind me"

There was a sudden silence in the shop. 

"There might be simply two entrances," Ryoku said as he turned to see the exit but surprisingly, there was no door behind him.

Kasel found the same thing. It was as if the exits vanished in thin air.

"U-u-um..." A girl's voice spoke out of nowhere. It wasn't that of ruru. There was a 4th person among them they didn't notice. It was a girl with long hair and she was trembling.

"Where have I seen her....?"

Suddenly he realized that it's that one quiet girl from the class.

"D-d-d-does someone.. k-know, w-w-what's going... going on... h-here?" The girl mustered up her courage to ask a question to Kasel.

"Actually we are quite confused ourselves..."

Suddenly they felt a very heavy pressure on them, as someone was crushing them or tearing them apart. Their body had got distorted and shattered into very small particles.

"Just what did I get myself into" Ryoku thought to himself.

"Why is it.... so silent? Is it over? Was it all a dream?"

He suddenly opened his eyes to find himself on a royal looking bed.

He gasped for air as soon as he woke up. As if, his body was desperately trying to adapt to the environment around him. There, oxygen was present at a very low amount.

It took roughly an hour for his body to adapt to his surroundings. But his actions lead to heavy energy consumption which made his activities limited. "So you have finally woke up, Young Hero"

A man with royal clothes from the ancient era walked inside the room.

"Is this another world?" Ryoku thought to himself.

4