Chapter 7
3.9k 17 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreader: SteelzCloud

"I have a question, what's that sword in the middle of the entrance leading to the main building?"- α

"According to a legend, it was left behind by goddess Emis for the future chosen one to slay evil. Well, I don't think there is any authenticity to it since the heroes already exist."- Arthur made a pause and lowered his voice - "α, if you are Aleph Zero that means you are also the one who created those amazing EDMs right?"

"Yes, but don't tell anyone, okay? Else, people will start chasing after me."- α 

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, but of course, there's a condition."- Arthur

"Ah shit, here we go again. Why did I tell you this knowing your personality?"- α

"Because we're buddies. Don't worry, I just want early access to the songs. Pretty easy, right?"- Arthur 

"I feel like I'm being blackmailed but okay, I'll agree to that condition."- α

As they chatted, more students were arriving in the classroom including his old friends, but for some odd reason, there were no females among them.

"I can't believe that in a class with forty students, only one person is a girl. Something's wrong, I can feel it."- α had his suspicion but didn't voice it out.

"It doesn't matter to me, I prefer my waifus."- Arthur

"You fucking weeb."- α

"Ha. Calling me a fucking weeb only makes me more powerful."- Arthur

Everyone was chatting and fooling around until the teacher arrived. A tall and slim person with glasses surrounded by a serious air presented himself as their math teacher.

"It's only midway through the class and you already look like you are having a mental breakdown."- α commented as he checked his phone.

Arthur had his head laying on the thick book of equations looking brain dead.

"Why do I have to learn such complicated things that I won't even use in the future?"- Arthur mumbled out while being careful not to let the teacher hear him.

"To pass the exams."- α

"I forgot that exams even existed."- Arthur

"Just try to persevere through the rest of this class, I trust you."- α

For the next hour, α was just chilling since he already cleared the entire book and occasionally lent Arthur a hand like he always did in the past few years. 

The sensation of being constantly watched by somebody made α uncomfortable but fortunately, it only lasted until the bell rang, announcing the lunch break.

Some students went to the academy's cafeteria while others just stayed in the class.

"Thanks goddess Emis, no more math for the rest of the day."- Arthur dropped his pen and stretched himself.

"Seeing you like this makes me wonder how you'll survive the rest of the year."- α took his lunchbox out and created a magic circle to warm it up.

"I'm counting on you to help me."- Arthur also took his lunchbox out and started doing the same thing as α.

"How about sharing some of your food α?"- sensing Arthur aiming for his food, α quickly covered his lunchbox.

"No way in hell."- α

"Come on, don't be so petty. You cook even better than my mother, and she has hundreds of years of experience."- unable to tolerate the begging anymore, α conceded. The moment he opened the lid, an indescribable aroma spread out and without wasting a second, Arthur directly took a piece of fried chicken with his hand.

"This is heavenly. You could be the Galaxy's best chef if you wanted."- Arthur

"Thanks for the flattery, you've told me this every day for five years already."- α

~Staaaare

Would it hurt if I pretended not to notice her?

~Staaaaaaaaaaaare

Ugh

"Do you want some as well?"- α asked Alice, who had already forgotten about her own bento and was just drooling over his.

She slowly came over and used a pair of chopsticks to get a piece of chicken as well.

This pair of siblings only eats meat. Noted.

A happy expression took over her face almost instantly, in the next moment, she took her own bento and put it in front of α who hadn't eaten anything yet.

"You want to exchange with me?"- α asked even though he already knew the answer.

~nod nod

"Can I have a part as well?"- Arthur asked timidly.

With just a glare of his sister, he curled up on the chair.

An awkward silence was maintained for the rest of the lunch break, with Alice taking a look at α every once in a while and him sitting there playing on his phone together with Arthur.

After the break ended, the class headed to the training grounds where another teacher awaited them.

"I'm Martin, I'll be your magic teacher for the rest of the year."- Martin looked more like a bookworm than a teacher that taught magic, with the round glasses on his face and his sloppy look.

"Let's start with a simple lightning spell since it's the first day."- Martin began to distribute a book with the theory of the many spells they would learn that year. 

While it was valuable to many of the students, in the eyes of α it was simply useless as he already learned everything there was from Elizabeth.

"α, how about we spar a little?"- Arthur

"Against you and your broken stats? Don't want to."- α

"We will only use magic."- Arthur

"That sounds better. Okay, let's go."- α

Both of them moved one kilometer away from the class with some jumps aided by wind magic. The teacher was already informed about some monstrous individuals in the class so he didn't bother with the two of them.

"Let me set up a barrier before, [Divine Light Dome]"- Arthur casted a transparent yellow dome of light to surround them.

"You can start."- α said with a small grin.

"Don't regret later, [Water Dragon] and [Fire Dragon]."- two spell circles formed in front of Arthur, a dragon of water and a dragon of fire exited from them and rushed towards α.

"Watch carefully."- two spell circles also formed in front of α but different from Arthur, they merged together. - "This is [Firestorm]."

In an instant, the two elemental dragons were engulfed by the flames and the firestorm began to expand reaching the top of the barrier.

Cracks started to spread throughout the surface of the barrier and soon it exploded in small mana fragments that scattered in the air.

"α, I admit defeat so cease your spell."- Arthur shouted.

"I was waiting to hear that."- α simply absorbed his spell back and smiled.

"I didn't know you could already merge spells."- Arthur looked at α impressed.

"No big deal, I learned it when I was seven years old."- α

"Fuck you."- Arthur

Alice observed α in the distance with a very interested gaze. On the window of the third floor where the student council was, another person had her eyes on him.

84