Chapter 11
3.3k 9 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We'll see about that. There's two already and I bet tomorrow you'll get to know another gi-."- Alice's hand flashed and in an instant her sword was already on Arthur's neck interrupting what he was saying.

"Say one more word and your head will roll right now."- Alice looked at him as one would look at disposable trash.

"Sorry, ma'am."- Arthur curled up on the chair.

"Can't you treat your brother a little bit nicer, Alice?"- α

"He's not worth it."- Alice stored her sword.

I tried to help. - α conveyed with his eyes.

Don't worry, I'm already used to it. - Arthur let out a tired sigh. 

"Can I get a bite of it?"- Aura pointed at his bento.

"Go ahead."- α

"This is the second best thing I've ever tasted so far."- Aura spoke after trying a bit of the vegetable. - "The first is naturally you."

"You are strong, can cook, and adorable. You are the ideal partner for me. How about we start dating?"- Aura asked him in a very casual manner.

"We barely know each other."- α

"My mother taught me that when I find a potential husband, I should do everything in my power to get him and get rid of other love rivals. That's how she became father's only wife."- Aura glanced at Alice. - "But you don't need to worry, I'm not like her."

"I'm concerned about you, my friend. What if you end up attracting more dangerous girls?"- Arthur began to whisper near α's ear.

"I'm concerned about myself as well. I'll be counting on you to bail me out of perilous situations."- α

"That seems pretty risky for me. I still want to live long, you know?"- Arthur

"You still owe me for the times you copied my homework."- α

"Damnit."- Arthur leaned back in his chair.

"Seems like I got rejected. Well, I'll be taking my leave first. But don't think I've given up so easily."- this time Aura exited through the door, attracting many gazes along the way. 

I gotta admit that she has a nice figure. α watched her silvery hair sway behind her as she walked out of the classroom.

~tug tug

"α, you have to be wary of that person. She might try to do something to you."- Alice's clear blue eyes were full of worry for him.

"Thanks for the concern, Alice. But I'll be fine."- α

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

"Now is combat class! You'll pay for yesterday, α. Muhahahaha."- Arthur's laughter reverberated across the class.

"They will go at it again."

"They who?"

"Arthur and α, and it's always worth it to watch them fight."

"Let me tell you this, both of them were the pride of our class in Millennium school. Geniuses when it came to magic and physical combat."- another student meddled into their conversation.

"Humph. Even if you have broken physical stats I may not lose."- α 

"We'll see."- Arthur 

The same training ground they used yesterday came into sight once more. This time a different teacher awaited them.

"I'll be your combat instructor for this year, call me Hector."- a man with a slim physique had a sheathed sword in his hand, he had short hair and his face told the students he was really bored. - "Let's start with some basic stretching before going to the fun stuff."

"Same as always?"- Arthur took out two swords and threw one of them to α.

"Yes. [Starlight Barrier]."- α casted a spell that covered the ground and enveloped the sky around them.

Many glowing magic circuits were created by α and in the blink of an eye, they entered his body.

"3, 2, 1, and go."- Arthur

Boom!

In the eyes of their classmates, both of them simply flashed and disappeared, but to Alice, she saw them battling at an extremely high speed.

The clanging sound of metal shocking one against another echoed in the training ground but not for long. 

After only a minute, Arthur stood in place with his blade ready to pierce α's chest and α had his blade on Arthur's neck.

"A tie it is."- Arthur 

"No, I was faster than you."- α

"No way, it was at the same time."- Arthur

"α was faster. I was watching the whole time"- Alice jumped into the conversation.

"See? Even Alice agrees with me."- α

"Tch. You got lucky this time. Let's go again."- Arthur

"No, I want to spar with him this time."- Alice glared at Arthur.

"He's all yours."- Arthur swiftly backed off to a safe distance

"α, can I hug you if I win?"- Alice

Her hopeful expression made it difficult for him to refuse.

"Sure, I guess."- α

Alice took out her sword and entered a battle stance.

She is so motivated now.

"In your positions, 3, 2, 1, go!"- Arthur

Boom!

With the first few clashes, α noticed why Arthur feared her.

As expected, she is as strong as Arthur. But her attacks are faster and more precise.

Alice started pressuring α with a barrage of attacks, making him focus completely on blocking and parring but after realizing that she still wasn't able to break through α's defense, she accelerated.

Not good, not even the buffs are keeping me up with her.

And with a final clash, α's blade was sent flying.

"It's my lo- Oof."- α

Without waiting for him to finish speaking, she dropped her sword and jumped towards him, knocking him down on the process.

He's so warm and comfy. Alice was resting her head on his chest.

She is just like a cat, at least she has a good scent.

"Can we stay like this for a while?"- Alice looked at his face.

"Sure. I'm tired from going against both of you so a little rest is welcome."- α

"So, how was it?"- Arthur came and sat beside them.

"Now I know why you're afraid of her."- α

"Right? She's too strong."- Arthur

"Are you afraid of me?"- Alice 

"Nah, I think that you are cute."- α

~blush

"Okay, let's get up. We still have class."- α

Alice reluctantly let go of him and stood up.

"Arthur, get me up."- α extended his hand waiting.

"Do it yourself."- Arthur

Alice swiftly held α's hand and pulled him up.

"Thanks, Alice. Unlike your brother, you're nice and helpful, but could you let go of my hand?"- α 

Alice who was grasping his hand while staring at it with an obsessed look finally noticed what she was doing.

"Ah! Sorry."- Alice

"How lewd. Hand holding in public."- Arthur

"Fuck you."- α

90