Red Moon Rises
612 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up is usually something accompanied by a lovely dream, usually. But waking up with a mouthful of blood and an insane amount of pain only rivaled by my friend Mandy's bunny-shaped fireworks explosion. It can definitely be classed as a nightmare, no I'd take a nightmare over waking up and dealing with this pain that feels like my insides are spilling out. I can only try my best to stay sane. I mean I just jumped into a rift in space chased by tendrils of soul-sucking energy. I don't think I'm the best example of sanity but I have to try and find some of it.

 

Why did that rift pop me up here? I'm propped up against a tree, with the taste of my own blood in my mouth. And I have giant claw-like slashes through my clothes exposing my guts to the world. I can only whimper and cry out in little pain felt sounds.

 

"Someone.. please help me." I cry out over and over. looking around I can see a tipped over carriage with horses mutilated twisted in ways horses should never twist. I can see vaguely humanoid shapes or what was left of them. Three armored men mutilated beyond recognition. Limbs that were clearly torn off rather than cut by a sword. Like some giant beast was having sadistic fun playing with human-shaped playdough leaving their bodies cold and lifeless husks in the middle of an uncaring forest. I can see blood skids where the beast must have hauled one of the bodies off for later consumption. 

 

No sound can be heard other than my begging for aid. no forest howls, chirping of insects, or even coo's of owls. Like every living creature fled for its life from whatever caused this carnage. Even the moon was unforgiving with its deathly blood-red color like it had been dyed in countless of these slaughters to the point there was no more care for the world.

 

"Please somebody help me" I beg through tears and mouthfuls of blood. I don't want to die. Not again.

 

I can faintly hear what sounds like a tree falling over in the distance accompanied by an enraged ROOOAARRRR.

 

Fear gripping my heart as whatever made that terrifying roar was likely what had left these mangled corpses in the middle of the forest. The sounds of trees falling getting closer like this beast is too large and lazy to bother moving around them. No almost rushed like its being chased. THUMP..... THUMP... THUMP... as trees descend upon the earth in a fury. Until the final THUMP is right behind the carriage.

 

In a blur likely from its quick movement and my barely hanging on senses. A giant beast had landed on the carriage. Large black bloodsoaked fur and limbs with so much muscle and length you could never mistake them as humans. blood-soaked teeth and yellow eyes of a predator that never missed its meal. Jumping down from the flipped carriage and onto the front of the horses lifting them up by their mangled heads, body and all. like the horses were mere paperweights of food. It stands on its hind legs pulling the horse to its mouth with one arm biting and devouring entire limbs in single bites. Eating with such speed you can only imagine it's treating this horse as a snack.

Before long it finishes the horse leaving only scraps and blood for whatever scavenger finds the carnage. Returning to its four-legged stance as it sniffs around the carnage.

 

Please don't fucking find me. I'm struggling enough as it is to fucking breathe with this hole in my gut. Trying my best to keep my breathing muffled and not to whimper in pain I can only watch this monster. It seems to be following a scent like searching for something that shouldn't belong. Until its eyes met mine, ferocious eyes of a mindless killer knowing it found the intruder on its stash of corpses. The odd one out who had survived and still had some scent of the living. Rushing up to me I can only cry as I imagine this monstrosity mangle me beyond recognition like those before me.

 

Its face mere inches from my crying wreck of a face. ROOOOOAAARR. It lashed out verbally onto me as I can only accept death. closing my eyes and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. Opening my eyes I find it not doing anything, only staring and inspecting me. It nudges me with its nose "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH" I cry out as more of my intestines spill out into the sight of the beast. Only then it retreats back to its stash of corpses leaving me bewildered. Was it not going to eat me but instead leave me to my slow and painful death? It approaches one of the mangled men, he had died in a suit of armor which was now twisted sheets of metal and blood. Picking the man up the creature rips the suit apart allowing whatever gore fall onto the ground and drags this corpse back to me, laying it beside me. Like a hunter showing off its trophy expecting praise. 

 

"What the fuck" was all I could think and say through the pain as I stare at this beast. Minutes go past and almost like it had grown impatient at not receiving its praise.  ROOOAAAARRRRR as its arms shoves me face-first into the corpse with so much force I felt like my skull would crack. "AAAAHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK" why was it so fucking upset. Fuck my guts were spilling out by the second. What the fuck was wrong with this fucking thing. 

I could feel my mind slipping but in a very unfamiliar way. usually, when I slip I would pass out but this was like something had taken control over my body and shoved me into the passenger seat. I bit down into this bloody mess and bit down. Actually eating what used to be human. I kept trying to stop but it's like my body wouldn't let me. Slowly my pain dulled and reversed. Looking down revealing my injuries were closing like I was never hurt, to begin with, at first leaving a faint scar and then even that faded. 

 

Looking back at the towering beast earned only a snort like "I told you so". Okay, so the monster wasn't a bad guy err well at least wasn't my enemy. But what the fuck was going on I just ate that guy and healed. Am I a vampire? Trying to get up only proved to be a mistake. Squeaking in pain. Injuries were gone and the pain dulled but fuck was the pain ever-present when moving, I guess there was still internal damage my healing had to attend to and my skin just covered the issue. I could hear some commotion in the woods where big baddy came from and evidently he heard it too as he was turning and readying his claws. Almost as if on cue a smaller monster of the same shape jumped on top of the tipped over carriage, this one sporting a light brown coat. 

 

ROOOAAAARRRRR the bigger darker one immediately thrust itself towards the smaller foe. Who jumped overhead doing a summersault and landing in its place was a human wearing only ragged torn cloth pants, and carrying a giant blade that shone with so much light in my eye that made it almost impossible to look at. He quickly unsheathed his weapon and with one slash I could see the beasts back melt from strike bone, skin, and muscle turning into slime like the weapon had burned it to such a degree the afflicted parts could only melt. And with another quick jab before the beast could even react the sword pierced its heart and in moments the beast became nothingness. 

 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THIS CRAZY ASS WORLD" Immediately I clamp my mouth shut tight in regret as the man directly turned to me. Cautiously walking towards me as if to gauge if to attack. As he drew closer I could only act on instinct to try and back away slowly crawling as my stomach was still a mess from any small movement. I'm almost in reach of him, crying and terrified begging "Please don't hurt me." as he is still brandishing his sword at his side ready to slash down at me. At this distance, he was getting a better look at my bloodstained face, and the mangled corpse beside me. his hand tightening around his rising blade, as my fear reached its peak. 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I screeched out in fear, backing away as fast as I could. Not even noticing the wet warmth between my legs. 

 

Him staring at me in shock as I'm gripped in fear of what he is about to do, raising my arms as if they could block the sword when it cleaves me in two. Until I hear a clang of the sword to his side and he says something in a language I'd never heard. Seeing my non-reaction to his words he made an audible tssk and got on a knee reaching out as if to show he means no harm. Calming down a little I let him pick me up and carry me. 

24