Big pill to swallow
664 7 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
Content warning: there are some transphobia and homophobia coming from one of the characters in this chapter

minor change decided to change Elpis's hair to shoulder length curly red

 

Cuddling in bed with Voss was interrupted as several knocks banged against the door to his shack. Looking over at Voss it would seem I would have to be the one to answer the door as he is passed out. Carefully moving his arms off me so I can get up I sneak over to the door so as not to wake him.

 

Greeted at the door is Shelb with a huge grin on her face as she makes a mocking catcall whistle. rolling my eyes I step back and gesture towards the sleeping Voss to show her he isn't awake. Only to be replied by her shaking her head and pointing at me. I guess she came to pick me up. Her hand reaches into her pocket as she brings out what looks like a small jawbreaker. Making a gesture of putting it in my mouth and swallowing it then hands it to me.

 

I really don't look forward to trying to swallow something this big, like what the hell. Looking back at Shelb to see if she is serious, she impatiently repeats the gesture. Quickly swallowing it before I can lose any more nerves in the situation it gets lodged in my throat. Struggling to force it down I grasp my throat trying to dislodge it. Spending a few seconds in the struggle until it finally goes down.

 

"*cough* *cough* what *cough* th *cough* fuck *cough*"

 

"I'm sorry it's a big pill, it's hard to get an entire language into a small pill" Immediately jumping I scan around looking for where this speaker came from. As far as I know, no one in this village speaks English but there's finally someone I can talk to. Grinning thinking about being able to hold a conversation with someone for the first time since the bunnywork incident. "Hey, you ok? I don't need to give you CPR do I?"

 

looking up at Shelb I realize she was the English speaker. "I'm ok, why didn't you tell me you knew English?"

 

"I don't, that pill you just ate is a language pill. The girls were talking last night about how we wanted to help you adjust so we all pitched in to help make the pill. hehe, I would have brought it over a little bit earlier but I didn't want to disturb whatever you and my brother might be doing in here." 

 

"Oh um thank you. I really appreciate being able to talk to everyone now, it was kinda frustrating sitting around conversations without having a single clue what was being said. Also, Voss is your brother?" Quickly looking back to Voss then Shelb trying to compare them I couldn't see any similarities.

 

"My one and only. We may not look alike but we've always stuck together as siblings. I hope he wasn't too rough last night with you" Her smirk growing as she finished the last sentence.

 

"Wait how'd you know we did that?" My face burnt up after she called us out on this.

 

"Please you told me you were horny last night with that naughty gesture then you never came back after I took you over here."

 

"NO WAIT THAT'S NOT WHAT THAT GESTURE MENT"

 

"Your face looks like a cute little tomato. hehe. It's ok you don't have to be embarrassed I won't judge your taste in men." 

 

"No, I was trying to inform you I had a dick cause I didn't want to get in trouble with anyone."

 

I can swear Shelbs eyes nearly popped out of her head. "Your fucking with me aren't you?" My voice won't come out leaving me only able to shake my head.

 

"And you said you had sex with my brother?" Her voice was cold and without any emotion. Too scared to speak I could only nod. While she blinked in disbelief. Suddenly I was yanked forward by a tight painful vice grip on my wrist as I was being dragged by Shelb.

 

"Let go you’re hurting me." I plead as I struggle to break free from her grip. She didn't respond just dragging me towards the building from last night. Quickly entering and dragging us into the room where we socialized last night. Throwing me on the ground drawing the attention of the girls who were in the room.

 

 

"Yo Shelbs, why are you throwing the new girl around like that? You could really hurt her." A woman with purple hair sat up from her book to ask.

 

"That's a fucking guy dressed up as a girl and he fucked my brother." Shelb yelled out for everyone to hear causing everyone to look at me in disbelief while I just froze in terror of how this happened.

 

"Shelbs calm down, it's not your place to handle this. This is your brothers business he can sleep with who he wants"

 

"IM NOT LETTING THIS THING TURN MY BROTHER INTO A FAGGOT LIKE YOU OR HIM JULIE"

 

"I said that's fucking enough or do I have to put your homophobic ass in your place again like last time" Julie the purple-haired girl jumped up grabbing Shelb by the collar of her shirt glaring daggers in her eyes.

 

"Fine, you and that thing belong together any way you're both freaks of nature." Shelb turned back towards me with pure fury in her eyes. "If I ever see you near my brother again I swear I'll cut your dick off and turn you into a girl for real." Turning back to glare at Julie she walked off out of the room.

 

"Hey, newbie are you alright? Shelbs is a bitch but she's all talk so you don't have to worry about her. If she ever does try something to you I'll beat her ass black and blue." Julie reached her hand out to help me get back up.

 

"T-thanks" holding back the tears welling in my eyes I grab her hand and let her pull me up.

 

"As you probably heard, Miss.loudmouth say my name is Julie. Tho I don't believe I've heard your name yet gorgeous."

 

"E-Elpis"

 

"Well, Elpis I hope to be good friends."

"I hope so too."

"So may I ask how long you've been turned? Going off scent not very long"

 

"Turned?" Does that mean I was correct in thinking I was a vampire when my gut healed after eating... ugh I can't stop to think about it. 

 

"Figures that stupid fucking bitch dragged you here without telling you anything. She thinks she can do and act however the fuck she wants just because her mom runs the joint." Julie's face scared me, where before she had looked like a regular human with dyed purple hair but right now her features were turning more ferocious, her eyes reflecting only hostility tightened fights dripping a red liquid down to the ground. When a moment ago she had regular human ears she now sported a pair of triangle-shaped pointed animal ears and a tail I had somehow failed to notice. She looked ready to snap. 

 

"Julie? are you ok?" Reacting to my words her scary demeanor dropped like she'd broken out of a trance. But most confusingly her tails and ears had retracted to a normal human appearance. 

 

"Sorry I lost a bit of control there, it just makes me so upset seeing the way she acts."

 

"What was that? You had a weird tail and ear pop out of you like me and some of the girls I saw last night."

 

"Ah, that's because you and them have no control over your powers. But it's not as bad for new turns since your powers are weaker so there's less of a need to restrain yourself. Fuck I miss the days I could just relax during the red moon and not be chained up."

 

"Um, I'm still not sure what you're talking about. Can you explain more clearly, what's this about powers a red moon and being chained up."

 

"Dammit, I thought Voss would have at least told you something when he brought you here. Fucking no one told you what the hell was going on and why you're here?" Her features were beginning to turn although not near as much as before.

 

"Um if it helps any I couldn't understand a word anyone said until Shelb made me eat this jawbreaker sized pill she called a language pill."

 

"Oh. that makes sense now" taking a breath to calm down she made a deep sigh. "So Voss found you at the scene of a feral werewolf attack, said you were the only survivor based on the tears in your clothes. It cut you with its claws right?"

 

"That giant beast was a werewolf? I thought werewolves were supposed to turn into big dogs like in twilight, not a giant humanoid monster. I don't remember it ever attacking me, it actually seemed to help me in its own twisted way. I had a giant slash on my stomach and my organs were falling out. it forced me to. to" I'd been trying to keep that memory buried but I actually ate a human, I couldn't even control my body. I can feel tears welling up just thinking about the horrific image the taste left in my memory.

 

"You don't need to say it. A lot of us have been in the same position. it's rare to survive a werewolf attack with just a scratch. Raw flesh helps you heal and your instincts will seek it when you're in a critical condition. As for the feral helping you it was likely viewing you as a mate. Ferals don't help out of the goodness of their heart. they only seek to kill and breed."

 

"I get the gist of it but what are ferals exactly?"

 

"Ah it's when the instincts take over completely, their human minds are permanently gone. It's why we forbid full transformations here. The further you transform the further gone your mind is and the harder it is to recover it. The red moon occurs every few weeks, usually, the moon is in its peaceful white state but when it turns red werewolves and other monsters have their instincts kicked to overdrive. Those with stronger instincts need to be chained so they don't hurt themselves or others during that time."

 

"Is everyone here a werewolf? I've seen a lot of people with ears and tails like that and some who don't"

 

"Yes, everyone in this village is a werewolf, some like me don't like to show it, some have no control over those parts being out, and some find it cute to have those ears and tail. This is a safe haven as even non-feral werewolves are hunted by nearly all nations. We survive by staying hidden, and hunting down any ferals in our vicinity including our own ferals then disposing of the evidence."

 

"I hope you aren't scaring our new daughter Julie" turning to face the voice I met with an older woman who I had met last night. The one who led me to the stream to bathe.

 

"I'm just telling her what Shelbs should have before ditching her in one of her hateful tantrums."

 

"Ah, I see. Thank you I'll deal with her later. In the meantime I would like you to help Miss Elpis to her class, she has been assigned to Mrs.Beldrum's class."

 

"I'd love to." Julie turned to me with a big grin "Looks like we're going to be classmates" 

 

I appreciate the enthusiasm for wanting to be classmates but I don't really appreciate being assigned, classes. I just got brought into this world yesterday and I've not had a single moment to think and plan out what to do in this world. I don't know if my friends who died are here or not. We died at the same time so I suppose theoretically we should have all seen and been able to reach the break in the current by big purple. Even if it's a slim hope, I can't really give up hope on them to play a schoolgirl in a village of werewolves. But there's also the question of how do I even find them. If they’re anything like me then they're all in completely different bodies I've never seen. I would have no way to ID them. There is also the problem of I have no memory of entering this body one-minute I'm stepping through an interdimensional rift the next I'm werewolf chow.

"I appreciate your offer on schooling but I need to find my friends. They weren't with me when I was attacked by the werewolf and I'm unsure of their condition. I can't really stick around to be a school girl here." Not exactly a lie to say they weren't with me at the time.

 

"Are you fully aware of what is currently going on in your body Miss. Elpis?"

 

"Yeah, I got the gist that apparently I was turned into a werewolf when I was bleeding out."

 

"Correct and do you have any idea how to control your transformation? What about enduring the agony of the red moon? I assure you the first red moon you experience will be the most brutal. It is the cause for many to go feral and lose their minds. I understand your need to move but ignoring the dangers your new constitution brings will only end in your death. If you truly must leave as soon as possible I would strongly urge you to give us seven days for us to train you to withstand the upcoming moon."

 

As much as I would like to start my search now I suppose that gives me time to properly plan my course of action and it does sound serious to have resistance to this so-called red moon. Turning to Julie with a smile "I guess that makes us classmates for now"

23