Chapter 2
5.8k 22 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Diantha touched Naruto with her antlers once again, this time instead of forcefully making Naruto pass out she teleported him. 

With a flash of light Diantha and Naruto disappeared from section 1 of the Forest of Death. 

When Naruto opened his eyes he discovered that he was not in the forest he was mere seconds before. Instead he saw miles upon miles of open land, he could see birds in the air, herds of animals running together, he could also see a sea of green that was a forest. 

Naruto found himself on a mountain. 

" When you are done appreciating the view turn around. "

Naruto upon hearing the voice turned around. He saw Diantha stood next to a decorative altar.

The altar was made of a mix of a dark, pitch black stone and a green mossy wood. The stone portions of the altar were filled with beautiful designs of hundreds of legendary and mythical animals. Naruto saw phoenix, dragons, unicorns, thunder birds, and kraken just to name a few. Every single animal on the altar was bowing to a humanoid looking man. The man was detailed, detailed to the point that Naruto felt as though he was making contact with the man. Eventually Naruto broke eye contact to stare at the moss covered sculptures. 

There were in total seven sculptures, and six of them were of animals. The seventh was a more detailed sculpture of the man on the altar. The wooden sculpture of the man actually made Naruto feel actual pressure, enough to make him want to kneel down in reverence. But Naruto resisted and after a few seconds he felt the pressure dissipate. The other sculptures were a jelly fish that was somehow floating in the air, likely thanks to seals. An armadillo that had spikes covering it's entire shell, Naruto dared not touch it for fear of being stabbed. A ferocious mountain lion that was multiple times the size of Naruto, its tail alone could likely wrap around him five or six times.  There was an elephant that was actually tinier than the mountain lion, it was probably around the same size as a small rhino. There was a bat that was also floating in the air, the bat had long thin fangs that seemed ideal for sucking blood. And the last animal Naruto couldn't really describe, it looked like something straight out of a nightmare. It was humanoid with knees jutting out and backwards feet. It had a long elongated face with an entire row of teeth that could make even the bat fearful. The nightmare, as Naruto decided to call it, also had a pair of long leathery wings. 

" Those sculptures are of the previous Beast God and his six contracted beasts. Previous because he died in a fight thousands of years ago when man and beast were about equal in race strength. The man, Fera, sought to unite humans and beast, and was the first Beast God. Sadly it wasn't meant to be and he died fighting off thousands upon thousands of enemies. His companions, the other sculptures, died in that same fight with him. On his death bed Fera created this altar as a way to pass on his Beast God authority. As you can see he had quite the flair for the dramatic and was a tad arrogant. "

" A tad? "

Diantha only shifted her eyes away, clearly embarrassed for the ex-God. 

" So how should we do this? Do I just bow down to the altar? "

" No, you must lay down on the altar and I'll cover the rest. I'll knock you out that way you can just wake up and you'll have the Beast God Authority. "

Naruto simply nodded and did as he was told. Once he was comfortably settled on the fancy block of stone Diantha once again knocked Naruto out by touching him with her horns. 

Then began the many hours long process of Diantha slowly injecting the Beast God Authority into Naruto. If there were any outside viewers they would see what looked like streams of energy flow from seven wooden sculptures into Naruto. Each of the streams were a different color, although they all had the same purpose. 


When he awoke Naruto felt extremely groggy, not for the normal reasons one would feel groggy after sleeping for hours on stone either. No, he felt groggy because he felt powerful, no, not powerful, he felt extra. It was like all of his senses were injected with steroids, colors brighter and more vibrant. Hearing more detailed and able to reach further. He could feel extra details on the stone he was laying on and the clothes he was wearing. He could smell the distinct individual scents belonging to him and Diantha his was a musky over powering smell, hers was like woman who slept in a bed of flowers.

" Woah. "

Even his voice sounded off to Naruto, he could hear the fluctuations in his voice, he couldn't imagine how it would sound for him to sing. 

" Hehehe, you enjoying yourself Naruto? "

" Yeah, this is crazy! "

" Well don't freak out, these are just the basic benefits of the Beast God Authority. Once you start fusing with the traits of various beasts you'll really start to feel good. A few things though, 1, I will help you with your first trait, I have already picked out a few beasts that are suited to you. You can choose one. By the way, you need to keep a few things in mind about the Beast God Technique. You need to avoid absorbing conflicting traits meaning that any abilities that can't go well together or that clash with your body. Meaning avoid getting fire and ice techniques. "

" Yes Diantha-sensei! "

" Hehehe, then let's go. I won't use teleportation so that you have a day or two to get used to the Beast God Technique. "

" Alright, thanks. By the way I meant to ask, where are we? "

" We are in a mountain range smack between Earth Country and Wind Country. It's a place filled with strong chakra beasts that can rival even jonin level ninja. It should take use a day or so to get to the forest where we met, I think you humans call it the Forest of Death, which is a silly name to me. "

" Then let's get to it. "

" Climb on. "

" . . . I get to ride you‽ "

" Get used to it kid you'll be riding me a lot in the future. Hehe. "

Completely oblivious to the double meaning in Diantha's words Naruto was simply excited at being able to ride a God. 


True to her word it took exactly 24 hours for Naruto and Diantha to reach training ground 44. Diantha brought Naruto right to section 1 of training ground 44 where he first met her. What surprised him however was the fact that there was a smaller version of Diantha sitting on the rock which was surounded by a few different beasts. 

Naruto spotted a short long tailed fox with spiky looking ears. It's tail was easily three times as long as it's body, the fox had a vibrant orange-red colored fur that would be horrible for stealth, though it's beauty was unrivaled. Next to the fox was a slouching monkey with a long decorated bo-staff in its hands. The monkey had a long, white, fake beard that seemed to be made from the fur/ hair of another beast, another noticeable feature of the monkey was the fact that it was wearing a regal ornate robe. Something that would be seen worn by the nobles of the various countries. Next to the monkey was a panda bear, but the odd thing about it was that it's body was the perfect mix of black and white, as in literally perfect down to the individual strands of hair. Apart from that Naruto couldn't tell anything special about it. 

" . . . Is that your daughter? "

" Hahaha no that is a clone of me. I used one of my horns to create it. It has about half of my strength, though I could have given it a lot more chakra and it could of had any where from 75% to 100% of my power. I could do a lot more using seals, but there was no point it did it's job. Which, before you ask, was to gather these three animals that you see before you. Each one of these beasts is suited perfectly for you. These are the Yin-9Yang Bear, the Dexterous Monkey, and the Demon Fox. The Demon Fox can use genjutsu's at a level that easily rivals the Sharingan, it can also store chakra in its tail along with its chakra veins. Effectively giving it two times the amount of chakra it would normally have. The Yin Yang Bear has the highest affinity with yin and yang chakra, how that can be useful for you, you will have to find out. I'll just let you know that yin and yang affinity can be extremely powerful if used correctly. The Dexterous Monkey will transform your body into the peak of your physical dexterity, as your body grows stronger your body will naturally adapt to become more dexterous. You will also gain a sort of genius level sixth sense towards crafting and weapon wielding and a few other things. As far as I know it varies from person to person. So, choose. "

Naruto calmly listened to Diantha's explanation with a calm and straight face. Diantha stared at him, slightly surprised by his calm and mature actions. That is until he did an dolphin dive in front of her on his knees. 

" Can I pretty, pretty, pretty please have two? PPPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE‽ "

" . . . Are you bipolar? You have gone from suicidal to general edginess to mature to childish to extra childish. "

" Perhaps this is my real self that I have suppressed until the day I finally connected with someone other than myself. "

" And now you're using some big words that are unsuited to a five year old. I mean I get you were lonely but you can make up your mind. "

" . . . So, can I have two, I promise I'll owe you one favor. You can cash it in whenever, wherever, and it can be whatever you want. "

" ' Sigh ' I guess, Naruto I already have an idea of the favor I want to cash in. "

Naruto was giddy and then he heard the later end of her sentence. 

" Can I get a hint? "

" Not until you're older. Anyway I already have an idea of what two you are going to choose but verbalize it for me anyway. "

" I want the Dexterous Monkey and the Demon Fox! "

" Then follow the instructions of the Beast God Technique. "

Naruto sternly nodded his head and walked up to the Dexterous Monkey. According to the BGT one has to kill a creature and then drink some of it's blood in order to acquire its trait. Brutal, but could be worse, he could have had to eat the heart.

So Naruto as instructed wrapped his hands around the throat of the Dexterous Monkey, but then he looked into it's eyes and hesitated. He saw not only the pleading look for mercy in it's eyes but he felt that he saw it's entire life. 

Naruto couldn't help but turn to look at Diantha. She had a stern look in her eyes, but he could see that she was tearing herself up over the fact that she was forcing Naruto into his first kill. 

" I know this must be done, but is there anyway you could suppress his power to be equal to mine? I know that no matter what it won't be fair but this way at least I can give him an honorable death. " 

" That can be arranged, but keep in mind not all deaths will be fair or honorable. "

Naruto nodded his in acceptance. 

" His power will be slightly weaker than yours, but it must be this way otherwise you would have no way of beating him. He has much more battle experience and he has a weapon and his race skill. "

" Alright, thank you Diantha. "

Diantha just shook her head, she didn't deserve thanks for what she was forcing onto Naruto. Some people just aren't made to be able to kill and Naruto was one of those people. He was a truly compassionate soul, unfortunately his world wasn't one where a pure soul like his could live. Diantha too was once a pure soul, she was a simple deer who happened to absorb a special kind of chakra. From there she slowly grew to God-hood. 

While she was sympathizing with the young blond boy said boy was circling around with the Dexterous Monkey. The monkey was nodding in appreciation to Naruto, but he was also getting into a defensive stance. Naruto was circling the monkey just outside the radius of it's attack length, at least he thought he was outside it's length. In reality the monkey could easily reach him with a simple lunge. Which is exactly what it did. It lunged directly toward him using some fancy kind of footwork and then used his fingers alone to do a slam right towards Naruto's head. Naruto somehow dodged with a jump to the left, and before the monkey could recover he ran and tackled it.Before Naruto could place himself sturdily on top of the monkey it rolled, shoving Naruto off. After Naruto was removed from it the monkey was back on it's feet in a second, and less then a second later it's staff was headed straight towards Naruto's back. Naruto who was still recovering couldn't dodge and was stuck brutally on his lower back. 

Diantha winced seeing the young boy be flattened to the ground, she truly hated the situation, but it was necessary. 

Naruto truly realized the weight of the situation and knew he had to step up his game if he didn't want to be beaten or even die. So Naruto spent no time getting up and running right at the monkey who was once again in a defensive stance.Once Naruto was in it's range the monkey once again lunged at Naruto, this time however Naruto was prepared for it. He was able to tackle and sit himself onto the monkey. Naruto and the monkey were about the same weight so he was able to keep the thing pinned to the ground while he started wailing on it. It seemed that the monkey didn't have much in the way of physical defense. Naruto, who frequently trained was more than happy to take advantage of that. He put his knees on it's biceps and sat his butt on it's chest. Naruto didn't stop hitting even when his fists were bloody and broken and his arms were burning hotter than the sun. After an hour Diantha finally tapped Naruto with her antlers. When Naruto turned to look at her she saw that he was crying, likely had been for some time. 

Neither said anything, instead Naruto broke down with his hand wrapped around the base of her neck and his head buried in the nape of hers. 


Naruto didn't know how long he cried for, but eventually he settled down and hardened his emotions. After that he repeated the process with the fox, but, he didn't fight it this time. Naruto simply wrapped his hands around it's neck and choked it. He knew that it wasn't the most humane way of killing it, but he knew that he had to kill it. To accomplish his dreams and to protect himself or the few he cared about. 

After the fox was dead Naruto drank some of the blood from the monkey. He then sat down on the ground in the lotus position and started to feel the chakra left in the blood mix with his own. Naruto proceeded to follow the instructions in the Beast God Technique which would allow him to gain the trait of the Dexterous Monkey. For Naruto it felt like he was going through millions of years of evolution all at once. It was an addictive feeling that could leave even the most devout of monks wanting more. From Diantha's view she could see Naruto's chakra veins light up through his skin, she could see as they slowly expanded, extracted, extended, and shortened. She watched as his body rippled somehow adding to itself, it was the process of Naruto gaining the trait. 

After around an hour or so Naruto's veins dimmed and became non-visible and his body stopped rippling, he also opened his eyes that had dimmed to a slightly darker blue. 

" Great job Naruto, I'm proud of you. "

" Thanks Diantha. "

Naruto spoke with a subdued tone, clearly still affected greatly by his first kill. But, despite that Naruto didn't stop himself from drinking some blood from the dead fox and beginning the process once again. 

And in a scenario almost exactly the same as the first one Naruto started anew with the his evolving. The difference started about twenty minutes in when his body started rippling, gaining the physical aspects of his traits. Except, instead of like the first time where his body simply rippled the second time Naruto was suddenly surrounded with a great burst of demonic chakra. 

Inside of his mental space a feminine voice suddenly spoke out with a surprised voice. 

" Ho, what's this? ? ? I see, HAHAHAHAHAHA! It seems things have truly gotten interesting! Well, don't mind if I do take advantage of this. "

Unfortunately neither Naruto nor Diantha heard the voice, Naruto because he was preoccupied with running the Beast God Technique and Diantha because she was making sure that the demonic chakra didn't negatively affect Naruto. After she made sure that it wouldn't Diantha actually chuckled slightly. She laughed because the demonic chakra would give Naruto quite an upgrade in power.

Forty or so minuted later Naruto once again opened his eyes, except instead of the previously normal shape the pupils they became slits. Naruto's iris had also adapted an odd color scheme, the blue closest to his pupil was a dark, deep, almost black color while the outer area of his iris became the original bright blue matching his father's. Of course the biggest change wasn't his eyes, neither was it the two new ears on the top of his head. No, it was the nine long fox tails that extended from the top of his butt to at least eight feet outwards. 

Naruto who new he would gain a tail turned his head to examine it. What he didn't expect was to find nine of them swishing around behind him. Naruto instantly turned right back around and stared at Diantha. 

" WHAT HAPPENED‽ "

" Hahaha, you my boy got lucky, extremely extremely lucky! Naruto as you know you have the soul of the Kyuubi sealed inside of you. "

Naruto nodded his head. He and his sisters had been told about the Kyuubi when they were three, that was also the time when things really went downhill for poor Naruto as that was when Minato and Kushina decided to start training the kids, or Mana and Mito at least.

" Well the thing about souls is that they can gather and store chakra even without a physical body, that is the entire basis of the nine biju. Well your father sealed the Kyuubi soul inside of you and used a seal that isn't supposed to prevent chakra absorption. Basically your seal is like a super advanced storage seal capable of storing souls. That means the Kyuubi has been able to absorb as much chakra as she wanted. She then used that chakra to connect with the Demon Fox blood you absorbed. Basically instead of turning you into a regular kitsune kind of thing she turned you into some kind of nine-tailed kitsune. "

" A. She's a she? B. How was she able to connect to the Demon Fox blood? C. Why doesn't she just break out? "

" Yes she is a she, is there a problem with that? "

Naruto knew that that was territory that he shouldn't step into so he just averted his gaze. 

" Uh-Huh, to answer your second question, the biju were all based off of pre-existing animals. The Kyuubi being based off of Demon Foxes. And maybe she likes you, you are a very like able young man Naruto, it'd be good for you to gain some confidence. "

Naruto just blushed bashfully. Suddenly he heard a deep yet distinctively female voice speak into his head. 

" You know, you could just ask me any questions you have. "

" . . . Uuuhhhh I think I'm going crazy because I just heard a voice in my head, and it's not one of the ones I normally do. "

" It's probably the Kyuubi, she has direct access to your mental space. "

" She's correct. I am indeed the GREAT KYUUBI though you can just call me Kurama, that's my given name. And before you go asking the same question again yes, I do like you. You have great potential and I think we might have similar personalities though mines definitely better. "

While Naruto was thinking over what Kurama had said to him Diantha just stared at him. Eventually she caved. 

" Well, what did she say? "

" Before we get far into this is there anyway you can connect with my mental space so we can all three communicate? "

" There are a few in fact. I could touch your head with my antlers which would allow direct communication. I could also develop a seal that would allow us to always communicate. "

" Let's do that I want to be able to talk to you at all times. "

" Fine give me some time to develop the seal, you need to go home make sure people don't get suspicious. You have been gone a few days. "

" Alright, I'll go. Bye . . . And, thank you, for everything. "

Naruto then left under the gaze of Diantha, her eyes filled with so many conflicting emotions. 


While Naruto was walking through the forest he contacted Kurama to ask for some help.

" Hey Kurama since you are based on Demon Fox and influenced my new trait to be more like you do you think you could help me learn to use my new powers. Diantha said something about Demon Fox being able to store chakra in their tails as well as having great genjutsu talent. "

" Sure, in all honesty your abilities function the same as they would of just upgraded by a lot. You have nine tails now which once filled will give you nine times the amount of chakra you would normally have. For the genjutsu it should just come to you naturally, all you have to do is imagine what you want done and spread your chakra over your body. "

" Sounds easy enough. "

Naruto who was standing somewhere in section 3 stopped and started concentrating on the task at hand. He first imagined the genjutsu he wanted, he imagined his body from before he met Diantha. 

" Alright, good, now slowly eject your chakra out. "

Naruto nodded his head lightly and did as instructed. Instantly Naruto changed his form from half human half fox to a full human. Naruto wouldn't admit it but he also might have made his eyes a bit brighter. 

" Good job Naruto, in the future you should be able to do that with barely a thought. Until then you'll just have to practice. "

" I will later, for now I think I'm just going to go back to the clan compound. Rest a little, and then probably get something to eat, not in that order. "

At that Naruto set off towards the village. With his extra physical upgrades from the Beast God Authority and the extra dexterity from the Dexterous Monkey Naruto was able to reach the village in only thirty minutes. 

' Sigh ' ' Home sweet home I guess. '

Naruto was once again in a world of loneliness and depression. He was once again in a village of thousands where nobody loved or noticed him. But it was better this time, Naruto had matured, he had gained friends perhaps family. 

Thinking of Diantha and even Kurama Naruto had a pep in his step and a smile on his face all the way to his previous home. 

37