Chapter 3: She’s Back!
142 6 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuan Rui was in the middle of his rehabilitation when the door opened silently. He didn't notice her enter neither did Huang Yunshen nor did Doctor Liu notice her enter. She sat down on his wheelchair and watched Yuan Rui try to move his legs with great difficulty. Sweat beads were running down his chest and forehead and his hair was soaked.

The grey shirt he was wearing was soaked as well. He continued his rehabilitation with the Doctor while Huang Yunshen sat closer to him keeping a close eye on him in case there was an accident.

"Alright young master Zhao, that's it for today," Doctor Liu said and helped him to the bench along with Huang Yunshen. He was handed a bottle of water and drank half of it. He wiped down the sweat and after resting he asked, "Doctor Liu, can you help me go through the exercises again please?"

Doctor Liu looked at him with a gentle smile, "You will strain yourself if you go through the exercises again young master Zhao. You know that we can only do it once a week and since you haven't been here for the past three months, doing it again will hurt you instead of make things better."

Yuan Rui protested, "I know but I want to get better soon."

"Listen to the doctor," came from behind them all. Huang Yunshen stood up in fright and so did the doctor. They saw a woman sitting in Yuan Rui's wheelchair with her legs swinging over the right armrest. She had her eyes set on the handsome sweaty man.

She smiled at him and waved, "Yo!" she greeted him. Yuan Rui's mouth twitched, "You're here?" He was unknowingly happy inside and felt relieved but why would he show it? He had been worrying about her the whole morning and just like before, she appeared unannounced.

Huang Yunshen looked between his friend and the attractive woman, "Buddy? You know her?" he asked confused since it was the first time he saw this woman. "Oh, her?" he asked as he continued to wipe away his sweat.

She pursed her lips as she watched him. The doctor was looking at her oddly but remained silent. She'd seen the young woman before but couldn't remember where and when.

Huang Yunshen nodded his head, Yuan Rui was unnecessarily dragging out his answer. Yuan Rui drank the rest of his water then looked at her, "Why are you in my chair?" he asked her.

"You aren't using it," she answered him simply. He mentally threw the bottle beside him at her, "Bring it here since you don't want me to continue."

She happily got up, walked around the chair and pushed it forward, stopping in front of him. Huang Yunshen, helped him onto his chair and before he could the young woman turned the chair and pushed him out.

*

They arrived in Yuan Rui's room where she pushed him into the bathroom made specifically for the handicapped. Yuan Rui looked at her since she wasn't leaving and asked, "Do you want to shower with me?"

She smiled at him, "That's very tempting but who knows what'll happen if we do?" With that, she turned on her heels and walked out closing the door behind her.

Yuan Rui shook his head in defeat, he didn't know where she came from but it was better to have her around him since the tension was always so heavy. She eased it away naturally with just her appearance making him forget everything.

She walked out of the bathroom and saw that Huang Yunshen was looking at her trying to find any clue on who she was, he also thought that she might be a fan of Yuan Rui but she wasn't acting like one.

She sat on his bed that was made up and made herself comfortable, closing her eyes as well. "Who are you?" he asked her but there was no response from her. She opened her eyes and looked at him then closed it again.

"I asked you who are you!" he yelled. A nurse came in after she heard him yell and looked at the woman lying on the bed. She recognised her immediately as one of the patients who was released today and asked, "Why are you here?"

"You know her?" Huang Yunshen asked the nurse. She nodded but this woman's name was something she couldn't remember. "Yes young master Huang, she's a patient of this hospital that was released two hours ago," she answered.

That didn't answer his question. He looked at the woman on the bed and the nurse, "What is her name and why is she bothering Yuan Rui?"

"I-I don't know why she is here but I will remove her immediately," she said and went up to the bed. She grabbed the woman by her hair and pulled her up and off the bed making her fall on the tiled floor and hit her head.

Huang Yunshen's eyes widened and he immediately went to help her up when he saw she hit her head. When he picked her up he saw that her head was bleeding and winced. He glared at the nurse who was the cause of it and yelled, "Who told you to be so rough huh? Have you no sense? Aren't you a nurse? How can you hurt her?"

Yuan Rui just finished his shower and was about to get dressed when he heard Huang Yunshen's yell. He covered his bottom half and came out of the bathroom. He saw the woman in Huang Yunshen's arms head hanging limply and yelled, "What the hell did you two do to her?"

Huang Yunshen was taken aback by his outburst and looked back. He was already beside them and took her from Huang Yunshen, holding her in his arms, he examined her and glared at the nurse, "Go get someone to help her and don't show your face before me or I'll skin you alive!"

He placed her on the bed. While the doctor was examining her, he went back into the bathroom and quickly got dressed. His face had dark lines on it when he came out. He saw that the woman was bandaged up and laying soundly on the bed.

He looked at the doctor and asked, "Doctor, will she be alright?"

Doctor Kwon nodded his head, "Yes she will be. The bleeding was due to her landing on a wound that was recently stitched up and reopened. We've re-stitched her and taken care of the wound."

Yuan Rui nodded his head. Wheeling up to the bed he reached for her hand and caressed it with his thumb. Huang Yunshen narrowed his eyes on the tenderness his friend was giving the unknown woman but said nothing.

"Can I see her chart real quick doctor?" he asked. Doctor Kwon who was his doctor nodded and handed it to him. Yuan Rui scanned it quickly memorizing all of her details they noted down. He frowned when he saw that she had no name beside the name entry.

He looked up at Dr Kwon and asked, "Why isn't her name filled in?"

"She never gave us her name. She was brought in a week ago by a traffic officer who said she passed out on the sidewalk during traffic hours, there was no identification card on her and she isn't in the database. There wasn't anyone to pay her bill and so she was discharged due to insufficient funds and because of this, the nurses who were supposed to treat her just left her be after the first day. We've contacted the police but even they won't look up if she's in the criminal base and they aren't willing to pay. She was supposed to leave the hospital on the second day after she woke up but kept sneaking into the hospital," he said.

"How can you people be so irresponsible? Aren't you all doctors? Is money all you care for? What about that nurse who injured her? Where is she?" he asked furiously slamming the chart on the sliding table.

Dr Kwon sighed, "Sir, this is Hospital-A, only made to take care of high profile clients, not for those who can't afford it."

Yuan Rui looked at him coldly. Turning to Huang Yunshen, he said, "Settle her bill and make sure she gets treated properly." After a moment he added, "Everyone get out!"

Huang Yunshen looked at Yuan Rui speechless. He lost his words and did what his friend asked, making sure that the bill was settled and to search up who she was also making sure that a capable doctor would take care of her.

Meanwhile, in room B201, Yuan Rui caressed her cheek with his finger. The bed was lowered to suit his needs. The doctor Huang Yunshen got for her came in and attended to her wounds, gave her an injection and told him to make sure she drinks water when she wakes up.

1