0011 – Tutorial
1.1k 2 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Using the time of the rest, Sarah decided to check her status.

[Sarah Goldschmidt
Age: 3
Species: Human Lv 0 -> 3
Classes:
        Searcher of ##### Lv 0 -> 18
        ##### Lv 0 Ex
Affinity:
        Water Lv 0
        #####
Condition: Mindmelted
Titles:
        Genius of Mind
        Progenitor of a new Age
        The first Mage
        Nemesis of Gods
        Breaker of Reality
        World Invader
        Witness of the Unthinkable
        Dungeon Destroyer (new)
       
Attributes:
        Hlth  70/ 70
        Stmn   3/ 70
        Snty  32/450
        Mana  17/520

        Vit  6 -> 7
        End  6 -> 7
        Str  7 -> 8
        Agi  8 -> 9
        Dex 10 -> 11

        Wil 34 -> 45
        Sol 41 -> 52
        Int 29 -> 33
        Prc 22 -> 32
        Mnd 28 -> 32
       
Skills:
        Mana Efficiency 2
        Mana Harvesting 9
        Mana Sense 4
        Micro Magic 10
        Overmind 1
        Perfect Memory -
        Sacrifice 1 (new)
        Spell Carving 10
        Spell Casting 10
        Spell Creation 5
        Spell Hacking 3
        Soulbond 1
]

[Dungeon Destroyer]

[Those who do not only slay the creatures in a dungeon for experience, items and resources, but the dungeon itself. Slightly increases damage against dungeons. Increases aggression of dungeons against you.]

It was definitely a title she wouldn't miss if it was gone. Most of her other titles were irrelevant or good, but this one not so much. Though, the Nemesis of Gods was also one, which could be more problematic now than in her old world. Maybe researching a way to get rid of them would help... but a quick search through the help menu made it seem like titles were final. Dismissing the thoughts at least for the moment, she turned her focus to her primary reason for the rest. No, not resting itself, but testing out magic. Though she quickly informed her sister about the resource-bars beforehand.
Sarah didn't quite like the idea of relying on her instincts or the system or whatever, however she also couldn't just disregard them, when they offered her improvements. She would later analyze it in more details, but for the moment she just chose to try it out. Moving the mana inside her didn't require much thought anymore. She had enough practice in her old world, even though the quantity now was much higher. Compressing a small portion of it, she released the mana ball from her body while forcing the image of the spell onto it, letting the new instincts handle the rest.

[Your Water affinity has reached Lv 1.]

For less than a moment a spell circle flashed into existence with a portion of the mana. Then the circle as well as the mana dispersed, only leaving a fist sized ball of water behind. Before gravity could affect it, the ball was held in the air by further minor spells she created through the instincts. With another thought the ball accelerated and crashed into the ground a few meters away. The earth was now wet and had a light indent, but nothing more. Not very useful, though she did it with just a few points of mana, so...

[Your Water affinity has reached Lv 2.]

[You have reached Lv 4.]
[Your Water affinity has reached Lv 3.]
[Your Mana Efficiency skill has reached Lv 3.]

She recreated the ball, however this time before firing she tried to shape it into a cone. It wasn't as easy as she expected, yet with her high stats for her level the ball quickly changed its form. Again the element slammed into the earth, now also with more mana used on the movement. The created crater in the loose earth was more to her liking. Probably still not enough to wound a creature, especially with the attributes in place, but as long as she didn't have more mana stored up, it would have to be sufficient for the moment.

[Your Water affinity has reached Lv 4.]

Next, since elemental creation and manipulation were listed as different skills, could she maybe use that to offset the noticeable higher amount of mana needed to create the ball? If she could use the moisture in the air...

[Your Water affinity has reached Lv 5.]

However her train of thought was quickly disrupted as the two heard a quiet noise in the distance. A noise which differed from the leaves of the trees moving in the wind. Listening closer, it appeared to be a smaller group of intelligent lifeforms coming in their direction. Though the twins questioned the intelligence of those lifeforms. While quite possible that they overestimated the dangers in the forest, the others most likely underestimated them.
Annoyed by the interruption, Sarah contemplated what they should do. Her sister however was a bit faster. "Hey, i think we should continue on." Sera was already on the move before she finished speaking. Naturally she was walking in the direction of the noise and now with an excited grin on her face. Sarah was more or less forced to catch up, but at least her stamina had recovered about half the bar.
"You aren't thinking, what i think you are, are you?" Knowing each other for their entire lives and being bound to each other, it wasn't hard for the scientist to guess what her sister was up to.
"Uhm... no... probably not..." Yet Sarah didn't believe her sister. Sighing she conceded. "... fine. But make sure it isn't a trap and maybe try to get some information out of them." She could only hope the crime investigation methods in this world weren't developed. Her hijacking the summoning could be seen as a spell gone wrong or self defense. She had at least ways to argue about that, but the following encounter was clearly initiated by them.
Yet, as they still needed sources of information, she couldn't stop her sister.


Having  the indirect approval of her sister, Sera put on her helmet and sped up further. She still kept a certain distance so she could react to unexpected events or in case her intuition [Your Intuition skill has reached Lv 7.] was wrong. Not that she thought that that would be the case, but Sarah would always get mad, when she trusted her intuition too much. So she let it appear as if she was behaving logically, at least on the surface. Mostly... sometimes...
Besides, the skill was currently gaining a level every couple of minutes, so it couldn't be that bad.

Mana streamed into her and invigorated her further. Until now it was a rare feeling she only had in the laboratory of her sister. It felt as if she was finally alive. As if she has been starving for her entire life and lastly got something to eat.
Yet the mana didn't only stream into her body, it continued to flow inside her body. She wanted to test an idea she had since Sarah started to experiment with mana, however, since there was never enough mana she couldn't... well, she might have tried it once or twice. Her sister usually later complained that there would be delays with her experiments, but that was probably unrelated...
Sera was also good at ignoring her intuition in moments where it was unfavorable.

[Your Body Enhancement skill has reached Lv 2.]
[Your Mana Efficiency skill has reached Lv 2.]

Looking over her shoulder, Sera made sure that her sister could keep up. She wanted to go faster and test out the limits of her new body and those of her skills, but she barely held back.

[Your Intuition skill has reached Lv 8.]

It didn't take long for them to find their targets, a group of three sitting between the trees. All of them around level 20, yet if she was level 0, then those three should be level -10. Their behavior and posture made it obvious to Sera that they had little combat experience. At least according to her experience, which could have become obsolete... Though since her intuition was telling her the same, she was willing to trust it.
Sneaking around the three, she searched for her first victim.
"... damn monster horde! Why must this happen when we go on a hunt for once?"
The three were still conversing loudly, making it even easier for her to get closer.
"Stop complaining! At least we got a few kills through it, however i had to use the illusion bracelet! So at least look out for beasts while i recharge it."
The idea to solve their lack of knowledge through a peaceful conversation did cross her mind, however no native would ask their question and having it become known that they were summoned, wasn't optimal. Regardless of which path the twins took, the three would have to vanish, so why not let it happen in a more fun way.
"Yes, yes. As if we wouldn't notice something which caused the horde."

[Your Stealth skill has reached Lv 2.]
[Your Intuition skill has reached Lv 9.]

Locking onto the archer to prevent any ranged support, Sera double checked her environment. No backup or traps to be found, at least according to her senses. Then her recently acquired dagger was sent flying. Before it even hit it's target, the girl grabbed her sword and followed up.
"And besides that no bea..."
The archer wanted to continue his speech about how there wasn't anything dangerous around as the dagger penetrated his neck with a dull sound.
A lethal wound.
Or so thought Sera, however the pained scream coming from her victim after the initial shock as well as her intuition invalidated that assumption.
Expecting the unexpected and ignoring the curses from the other two targets, she didn't lose momentum. Before her first target could get any distance or be guarded by the other two she slashed at the neck with her sword. The feedback of the hit was transmitted to her and the two parts of her first prey fell to the ground.
[You killed a Human Lv 19.]
[Your Assassin class has reached Lv 1.]
[Your Warrior class has reached Lv 1.]
[Your Intuition skill has reached Lv 10.]

49