10- A water user.
827 6 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She was told to give up, she had only the eyes to see what normal mortals wouldn't see, only that, nothing else.

"An average mage has 10 opened pores," the one who examined her magic abilities told her, "With only two, it would be a miracle to face a low demon."

She was told even weaponry mages were chosen. after all, a weapon would have interest only in those who had power.

She left that place and looked for power. From land to land, from a magic tower to another, she couldn't develop a bigger pore, or open other pores, and was rejected from all weapons. She tried to buy a magical sword, but every magical item had a small life span. There were weapons with souls, and those weapons breath mana and absorb it, those weapons had a will as well, and she was rejected by that will.

Until she met Marcilla. The whole land was shaken, someone was chosen by Marcilla, the weapon of miracles.

It's said, as long as Marcilla wouldn't sleep, her user wouldn't die.

………

 

"Marcilla, AWAKEN!"

Marcilla glowed, sparked and her green light filled the area. The light then wore Arkan with a tornado preventing anyone from hurting her transformation. Two silver pauldrons and a gorget, sparkling green breastplate that looked like a diamond, green metallic mini skirt, and silver legs' cover. Around her pointy gloves, the air twined and her brown hair floated.

Trace whistled "It should be like this," he flexed his body and got even bigger.

Arkan looked at him with half-opened eyes, drew her palm close to her chest, and like a sword slashed at Trace.

Tens of trees fell on the ground, Trace looked at them from above and two sweat drops dripped through his face. Good he jumped before taking such a slash, but...

would such a slash really cut him off?

The second he landed again Arkan was in front of him, her head up looking at him with a sneer. one of her hands grasping his arm as she rose the other, slashed at his wrist as her sneer got wider.

Her wind passed through his wrist, a cut grew and a little blood got out. She moved her head to the side wondering, rose her hand and slashed again, still, she couldn't chop the hand.

"Just because I admitted your strength, you thought I was fragile?" Countless veins popped up his face, "Don't get cocky, human!" what had just happened snapped him. After all, she was looking down on him.

He pulled his hand, and at the same moment shot a punch at her chest burying her to the ground.

two veins popped around his eyes edges as he gritted his teeth. Trace was a proud demon, one who climbed the chain of life to reach the stage where a lot of demons bowed before him. A stage he reached through a thousand years' worth of battles.

"You are cocky human!" He punched her chest again but couldn't even bruise it, " Don't be cocky!" He stepped at both of her knees, pulled his elbows back, and tens of punches hailed at her chest "If I was wrong" punched "I would have been killed" punched "I would have been killed a thousand years ago!"

His punches hailed like rain, but her armor never broke, her eyes never averted. As if she was another person she wore incredible arrogance withing her fragile face. Trace couldn't withstand such face, he breathed in and grinned ear to ear, "If your armor is sturdy, would your face be the same?" 

However, Arkan stayed calm, he pulled his arm and threw a punch at her nose…

*Shwooosh*

Trace jumped away, his hand no more there. He parted his jaws, it was grated to his wrist. Around that arrogant face was a different kind of armor, there were countless currents of striking storms. Now he had two fingers and a hand gone. what a bad day.

"I'm getting pissed," his eyes flexed at the sky.

"Unfortunate for you it's getting stormy," Arkan said looking at him with half eyes.

"I'm not very concerned with you, I want to leave this place already, you were never my target, to begin with," added Arkan giving him her back.

He paused, clenched his hand, for god's sake what had just happened?

A hand? such a cheap injury made this human give him her back? Just... How cocky? Trace's eyes flexed on the back. 

"What are you saying!" he shouted, "Did you forget I had legs?!"

In a blink he was behind her, his leg taunted to rain heel bullets at her, she turned, dodged, jumped, dodged again. Right, left, up and down, all of them were clear for her eyes and easy for her wind-light body.

Around those hundreds of kicks, she saw an opening, to his shoulder. She remembered, this guy had crashed her shoulder once, she had to give back her debt.

Between the hundreds of kicks, her hand kept accumulating wind, the wind that was about to slash had the storm's nurture and bless. The sharpest blade she could ever make slipped between his kicks... to his shoulder.

His arm fell and he paused, looked at his arm with his pupils losing their life. He dropped on his knees.

What was happening, he couldn't see her move, and couldn't understand it. His eyes were slower than her. He stared at the pair of cold eyes glaring down on him… Why were they looking down? He was never weak, he was never wrong as well. He was bigger than her too… 

Trace looked at his deformed hand, looked at his fallen arm, then looked at Arkan as she gave him her back... Again.

Had he been more humiliated than this in his life?

Had he been left and forgiven by an opponent through his past thousand years?

No… 

He had never lost a fight, and will never lose, from the second he was born as a little wolf which walked on four, to the second he became aware of life to the second intelligence sparked in his head and to this day… He never lost, and will never lose, to anyone, to any being. He will keep developing because after all, he had luck by his side.

He stared at the sky, 

I’m not wrong, right?

Trace asked the sky, and the cloudy sky answered. A raindrop fell on his cheek, and the wolf sneered again, his blue eyes lit under the heavy clouds.

"Do you think you are stronger than me?" He asked, "do you think I'm wrong?"

"If you think I'm wrong, then tell me..."

Arkan turned around,

"Tell me, why I'm so lucky?"

The rain got heavy in the blink of an eye, hailed as if it had a will… As if someone was controlling it.

"Don't tell me," Arkan widened her eyes.

"I've got a water attribute."

Then she noticed, abnormality of the rain, the trunks that lied on the ground were perforated by it and if not for her shield she would have already been dead.

Arkan looked at him "you won't let me leave, right?"

Trace nodded with a sneer.

Arkan sighed, that would be very annoying. For sure she would win, but she might lose all her mana. And if Marcilla slept she wouldn't be able to move with her injuries.

I will finish him quic- 

Her concentration was shaken, something was wrong. Had her shoulder pauldron just cracked?

Yea, for sure it was cracked, by the rain.

At that moment Arkan recognized her situation. She looked at Trace, then noticed, Trace was so big, so tall, and so dreadful.

"Now you noticed," Trace said, "I'm far from weak."

He sneered again.

A second before her doom, without looking above, she jumped backward. In her previous spot, a pillar of water smashed the whole ground, and a hole that could hold three people came to existence.

As she landed she jumped again to see another pillar there, the water pillars chased her and competed with her speed.

She noticed. In a few seconds, she was away from him. Trace was using the pillars to get her away as he had the advantage of the long-distance attacks.

She dodged the pillars as she approached, and in no time she was there, before him, jumping and slashing at his waist.

Unfortunately, she was so distracted, she couldn't even notice the water orb that Trace's hand was shooting to her broken pauldron.

Unfortunate for her, Trace's control over the water was far quicker than her borrowed power. And he smashed her crashed shoulder again, she lost her consciousness for two seconds, and as she woke she found her self buried to the ground of a glade, and hundreds of trees were smashed along the way she was thrown.

And Arkan felt, even though she couldn't see it, but she felt it clear enough, that sneer.

Trace flexed his hamstrings and in a split second, he was above her,  his hand sparkling with a water orb of great pressure. 

If this orb hit her chest her heart would be gone, she swiftly used her working hand to cover and the orb struck.

The ground under her pulsed and collapsed as the green floor of the whole glade cracked like a spider network.

Trace stood firmly before her. Her forehand flesh no longer there and her whole breastplate shattered, her mouth foaming and no extra movement of all her body.

But... she wasn’t dead. Even if it was hardly noticeable, Trace noted her breathing chest.

He despised her.

Trace rose his hand at the sky, and the rain accumulated on his hand preparing his strongest shot.

Meanwhile, the half-asleep Arkan was having a dream.

 

Yo friends!

How are you?

Usually I write one long chapter for such events, but for some reason updating weekly isn't the best option in scribble hub, so I'm shifting to daily and then thrice a week. Hope you withstand the partings.

And I have a question,

hundreds of trees were smashed along the way she was thrown.

Is this sentence grammatically right? What I meant by it was that Arkan grated the whole ground in her way to the glade and what ever tree in the way was damaged by her thrown body.

If you'r native, how do you write such a sentence to be more appealing? 

And yea, please don't foget to like the chapter and comment I'm hoping to reach the trending list.

 

43