16- The Goddess Miso
676 5 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl was polite and quiet, problems weren't written over her face. she just asked him for some help, and he wasn't the type to ignore such a request. 

But,

At that second, Ray felt deceived. His neighborhood was big enough, maybe it had more than a hundred family, the probability of her coming to his house was at most 1%.

Was it really a coincidence? for sure it wasn't.

He looked at her clear dark eyes, had he ever seen such eyes before, at least in a human?

The girl stared at him, then looked on the ground, "Hope you stupid," she muttered.

Ray said nothing, he was still not scared of her, but he knew even her grandma hadn't been able to visit Merry Donuts.

The girl rose her head, her smile forced but good, "How about I treat you to some sweets?"

She said, pulling him in "You want to know me, right?"

Ray's half-opened eyes stared at her, then looked at the apron man and excused him to be in. The hall was huge, it had kids playground on the corner and he could see how noisy the upper floors were just by raising his head. This place was popular, if not it wouldn't have been alive for more than two centuries.

She pulled him into a table by the window, its chairs patted with fur and a scarf hanged at each of them to be used when it’s cold.

The girl in front of Ray was a bit different, she became more forceful, and her eyes became more fixated on his.

"You've some beautiful eyes," she didn't smile, "They have a glow within."

"Who are you?" Ray jumped to the important stuff, "Why were you waiting in front of my house, are you a demon?"

"I'm not a demon, not a human either," said as her chin leaned on the rest of her hand, "I'm really not someone bad, but never good either."

"Then who are you!?" his pitch a bit loud.

"......"

"Why don't you talk?"

"No, I just thought you were a bit pissed." 

Ray looked at her lips, every a few seconds she would bite them, some kind of fidging?

Ray took a deep breath and apologized, "I'm just tired lately, I didn't mean to scare you, sorry."

Her eyes kept staring at him, a few pink lines drawn on her face.

"It's fine."

"Then can I know who are you?"

"call me miso, you can say I love observing you, Lord Ray."

"Lord?"

"Don't you like veneration,"

"Not much," he said and the waiter came, put a menu on the table and waited for them, "I'll call you when we decide,"

"No problem," the waiter said as he went back.

Ray pushed the menu to Miso and felt the surrounding getting quieter as he focused on her more.

She flipped through the menu,  "I want something not so sweet,"

"How about a fruit crepe?" Ray suggested, she closed the menu and curled her lips, "That will be fine too."

He shifted his gaze to the menu and looked through it, she waited for him, and as he closed the menu she touched his hand as her eyes tranced on his, "Ray," she took his attention, "I don't know what will happen to you, but all people have bad times."

Ray's eyes widened, "You are!" he stood, both of his hands slapping the table.

"Why are you keeping haunting my house!" he snapped, but her stare never changed, she looked around, "People are looking at us."

Ray looked around, people of different ages were looking at them, they weren’t pissed though, they enjoyed the scene of two kids debating.

Ray sat again, his face a little pink, "anyway, stop haunting my house it's annoying."

"Okay"

She said briefly.

"I didn't think it was this easy."

"I never want to hurt you," she held his hand again, "I'm by your side because we are similar..."

flexing his eyes, "Just who are you?" Ray asked.

"In the mortal realm, I'm known as a goddess, though I only observe you and enjoy sad things."

Ray's eyes stayed flexed, what was this girl talking about, goddess? what would a goddess do here?

"I'm here because I wanted to meet you, I enjoy looking at you, enjoy hearing your thoughts and enjoy your presence and life as a whole."

Ray pulled his sweaty hand, what had this girl just said? observing him? looking at him and enjoying his life?

Why did she enjoy such trivial things? and what did this self-proclaiming goddess find special in him?

"I know it's hard for you to accept. It's not like it's mandatory for us to meet who we love, but I really wanted to talk to Lord Ray." she looked down, "I know I sometimes enjoy bad things, and I know the fact that I'm attracted to you mean that your future won't be very bright. But I wish it will be bright, I’m always asking the other gods to bless you, I hope you the best."

Ray said nothing, he just looked at the waiter who was waiting for their orders, he told him what they wanted and as he went Ray looked at Miso, "Thanks," he told her, a faint smile on his face.

He didn't really care about what she had said, but he appreciated her feelings, "I also wish you the best Miso, you can come whenever you want, but never spy on me or haunt my house, just knock the door and let us have a decent meal."

Miso's eyes didn’t widen, they remained the same, her facial expression was as frozen as ever, but a few red lines appeared on her cheeks as she stared at him, "Fine,"

Ray asked her about her origin and she told him that they came to existence from the desires of people. Each one of them was an accumulation of a desire and each one of them got attracted to whom was similar…

Ray asked her about the desire she represented but she chewed through the crepe, curled her lips in a faint smile, and said, "When I meet you again I will tell you."

Ray hmmed and dug in, as they finished they got out, the rain light and sun rays passing through the clouds. Miso spun in front of Ray, her dress floating due to the wind, then asked him to go with a warm smile.

"Sure, See you later."

he waved at her and went back to his house.

Hello!

If you liked the chapter don't forget to favorate it and add the story to your library.

Thanks.

36