7- A Little Vamp.
942 7 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door's cam blinked with a red light when he knocked twice. The speaker beeped and a voice came out.

"w- who are you?" the light beside the camera blinked as a woman talked.

"I'm Emily's friend, I came to hand her some handouts and I wish to see her."

"Ah, Emily's friend, sure I'm coming."

The speaker turned off with a *Chek ah* and in a few seconds, the door squeaked open. Behind it, a middle-aged woman with short black hair smiled at him. 

"Please enter."

"Sorry for intruding," Ray said as he entered.

"Not at all, actually I'm relieved she had a friend. She had been shutting herself in her room. I thought she was getting bullied. she no more wants to go to school."

Ray knew that Emily had been bullied, but she was honest with him. She told him about Marie and her crew and wasn't annoyed with them. actually, she told him that she began to enjoy school more after they had known each other.

"don't worry, I will get her back to school," Ray smiled, "We need to study for exams soon."

"I see," the woman smiled and led him to the stairs. 

Upstairs he knocked Emily's door. 

"I don't want lunch!" Emily shouted. Ray widened his eyes, Emily was the type to shout? He never imagined this characteristic in her.

"It's me, Ray." 

As he completed his sentence, something fell on the other side of the door, as it fell, it quickly bolted, a lot of stuff got moved and many papers got squeezed and thrown somewhere. If Ray was to guess what was happening behind the door, he would say cleaning.

"Just a second, I'm wearing my clothes."

"No it's fine, take your time."

She didn't reply, however, the sounds got more fierce. Huge objects moved around giving off the creaking sound. He smiled and waited.

In five minutes she opened the door. Her wide eyes blinking with a smile, "W-what are you doing here?" she said, her face wet and panting.

"I was worried, you have been absent for a week."

"Yea, right I was absent, I was tired so I thought of having a break, now you shouldn't stay out, just come and sit there."

She said pointing at her bed.

"I'm going to prepare something for you."

"You shouldn't rea-" however, she closed the door.

Her heart pounded faster than a cheetah, she ran downstairs, entered the kitchen found her mom sneering at her "what!" Emily shouted, her cheeks reddening a little.

"Nothing, I'm just happy you have a friend."

Her mother was gentle and warm, she always backed her up, she always stood by her side. Emily wasn't alone in whatever problem she experienced, her mom always stood by her side and told her that she was right. The problem was that she wasn't Emily, she was charlotte, the high demon of the royal vampire family.

She looked at her mother with these memories packing her mind, and smiled, "Mom can I have some juice for Ray, and cookies as well."

Yea, she shouldn't be mean to this human woman, after all, she had eaten her daughter, Emily.

When Charlotte became fifty years old she asked her mother, Queen Catherine, to go and wander the surface, the world she read a lot about, the humans who used to be one of their most delicious meals. Yes, she wanted to try these dishes. After countless quarrels with her mother, her mother approved her selfish desires and sent a maid with her. Wandering these places she found her way to this peaceful country a few years ago.

"Here, be good to him, he looks very fine." Emily's mom handed the tray, and Emily took it and headed to the stairs.

Charlotte tasted the human blood, and it was delicious, it had different flavors and scents, and later she knew that humans had a system to differentiate between good blood to very delicious.

Charlotte got addicted eventually, not because the humans’ blood was delicious, but because she would watch their lives as she sucked them dry. How varying each of their lives was amusing, how the rich had a different perspective on life and how the poor had the opposite point of view. A beauty would look at men differently compared to a plain or ugly woman's perspective… Emily got herself addicted and eventually, her maid told her mother about her doings, and her mother got annoyed… 

Charlotte was given a warning, and she stopped sucking blood, until one day when she remembered that she had never tasted a child. That was when she sucked  Emily's life… and regretted.

Emily's life was absurd, her sense of life was very depressing for a little child and Charlotte got only a bitter after taste from the flood of dark thoughts Emily had. But something else burnt inside Charlotte, a curiosity to such a life, to such a human's life, she wanted to try it herself, those depressing moments that she had thought were trivial and meaningless.

That was when she asked her maid for a memory suppressor and something to view the human world from her pair of eyes.

"How long do you want to stay in such a lowly form?" Her maid was against that will but eventually gave up.

Charlotte was only fifty, in a nearly immortal race she was considered a child. But, demons had no school or shopping area, demons were lacking in the industrial part as well. That was why she developed such a lowly urge.

Charlotte asked her maid to come back in five years, in those five years she should live like a human with Emily's memory only, with those blue eyes only…

Now she was walking upstairs, eager to see the human child she like this whole time…

Actually, when Charlotte remembered her memories, an urge to suck blood also echoed inside her again. As if she had been through a long diet plan, she wished for an open meal at the end of the month, or the week, or maybe the day.

Behind the door of her room, she looked at the tray between her tiny hands... some cookies, chips, and coke…

She took a deep breath as she opened the door again.

"Was I late?" She asked, shutting the door by her feet.

Ray was sitting in bed, with no much movement. 

"Not at all."

He smiled. She asked him to make some space for her, she sat in bed beside him, with only a tray between them.

Ray, took a cookie, and as he munched it he asked: "You aren't getting bullied right?"

"No, I've already told you about Marie. Nothing more than that."

"Then, you are coming tomorrow, right?"

Emily was put into a corner, she didn't get bored, but she began feeling abnormal. Now after she had regained her memories, she might get swept by the children and might end up eating some of them. She was still a bit confused.

"I won't understand if you don't talk" he added, and she trembled.

"Yea, I'll come."

She stared at his face. If she was to put it simply, he was cute. In another ten years, he would be a beautiful man. His eyes glowed dimly and his hair looked very soft and silky.

"Ray," she said, "How old are you?"

"Now I believe I'm 11."

11?! so young.

She thought. However, in a few moments, she began considering it normally. In the sense of vampire she was younger, even though her actual body was of a young woman, her age was for a child.

In a few years, Ray would be mature enough to consider getting married. Still, her mother will break the whole palace if she knew about her intentions. She needed to break the age limits as well, if Ray was to live only a hundred years, she would be a widow in no time. But, she might be able to turn him to a vampire if she sucked part of his blood, still, she would be annoyed if his growth stunted as a result so she decided to let it be for the time being.

"I was reading an article about blood types during the recent week, I became curious to know yours."

"I think it was AB-negative," Ray cracked another cookie with his teeth. She, on the other hand, was struck, she had never tasted this blood type! Was it this rare? most of the ones she sucked were O-positive or B-positive. 

"Isn't it rare?"

"Really?"

"Yea I think it's the rarest type."

Beautiful, strong, and with a blood type she had never tried before, how couldn't he be any better? Her mother might accept him at this rate. 

Yea, she shouldn’t get nervous, everything would be fine, in a few years she would just bite his neck and turn him to her underling, till that time, she would just go to school and enjoy looking at his growth. 

Time passed, Ray finished three plates of cookies. Emily told him to buy a smartphone as most of the kids already have social media accounts. 

"We should play some online games," that was her reason and she convinced Ray to tell his old man about this small request.

As the night fell Ray got out of Emily's house, both of Emily and her mom waved at him as he walked back to his home. 

The one who opened the door for Ray was Crake the half-snake demon, he was looking at the TV and eating some potato chips as he waited for the old man to get out of the bathroom.

A phone rang in the kitchen, Ray went and looked at the name, then he took the phone and went to the bathroom door.

"Dad, you have a call."

"Huh, what?" The shower sound covered Ray light voice,

"It's a call."

"Just decline it."

"The name says*Do not decli-*" Ray didn't complete the sentence, the shower broke and a few things fell in the bathroom as the old man sprinted out, all naked, all wet.

The door moved fiercely that one of the door's hinges fell on the ground, the old man grabbed the phone and answered.

On the other side of the phone, a woman brokenly said: "Someone is causing rampage at our forest, I'm scared."

Hearing those words the old man's eye widened as he looked for his clothes.

"I'll come now!"

Ray didn't understand a thing. As soon as the old man hung up he wore his clothes swiftly and run to get his cloak. In a few seconds, the old man stood on the surface of the house, Ray, and Crake staring at him. A pair of black feathered wings grew from the old man's back and with one flip the old man disappeared…

Ray recalled, he didn't ask him about a smartphone.

What had just happened? He had no clue.

 

49