18- Who ate the child?
587 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How can he put it to words or how can he digest the truth? He who was risen in the environment of abnormalities, how could he withstand this normal scene of a demon eating a human child?

Crake's teeth were in the middle of skinning the girl's cheek when Ray stumbled in his name. Crake pupil shifted to him but he didn't appear surprised. He ripped off the skin and chewed, one of his hands gesturing at Ray to wait.

Ray didn't understand, he was powerful and great, but he wasn't as powerful when it came to emotionally stability. His legs trembled and he dropped on his knees…

"Why?" Ray asked, unable to look at the feasting Crake, "I thought we were supposed to protect them, how ca-"

Ray tried to complete his words, tried to dig out the truth, tried to deny what he had seen so he shifted his stare away. But he couldn't remove the chewing sound out of his head. He coughed twice and threw his stomach fluids out.

A human corpse… It was really a human corpse. A bloody body he had never seen or wished to see before.

And it was being eaten a few centimeters from him.

Slowly the chewing sound dissipated and a gulp followed, Ray's ears trembled to the sounds and he was still unable to stand.

"I wasn't the one who killed her," Crake said throwing the head beside the child, he then gripped Ray's hand and lift him back to his feet.

"She was dead when I was here."

Ray looked at the body, then looked back at Crake, "What do you mean? who can cut off a head here?"

Crake flexed the edge of his lips in annoyance. He gripped the back of Ray's neck and pushed him close to the girl's neck, "aaaaaah!" Ray screamed.

"Don't scream, you're pathetic. Look! True I was the one who cut off her head but look closely at her neck." 

Ray forced his eyes to open and looked at the neck, it was swollen purple and choking signs are on.

"Then who killed her?"

Crake smirked to the question, "are you so surprised that you can't hear him?" The question Crake flew was enough, no it was probably more than enough for Ray to have his awareness back, because that trembling sound, those murmurings were so loud to hide.

At the dead-end of the alley, Ray spotted a trembling leg, slipping once right and once left. The moonlight wasn't really enough to see the whole figure, but that naked leg was enough for Ray to understand… that this person was a human.

"Don't kill me. Please I won't do it again. Don't kill, don't kill me, don't kill me, don't kill me, don't kill me……." The murmuring was clear enough for both of them to hear.

Crake giggled as he forced Ray's face at the girl again, and asked, "Look closely at the child, she's naked, blood flowing out of her crotch. Do you understand what had happened to her or you still don't know what rape is?"

Ray's eyes widened, and as he trembled he looked at the dead body again… There was really blood there. She was a child, her body was smaller than Marie's or Emily's… What was happening in the world?!

How a human can do such a thing to a child.

"To think of it," Crake said as he pulled Ray toward the trembling man, "You have the duty of helping both races right?"

"You have already killed a few demons to help some humans right? They didn't look human so the shock of murdering them quickly dissipated. And because they were bad you didn't feel guilty afterward… So… How about proofing your justice?"

As Crake pushed him in front of the trembling man, he witnessed it whole. That fat hairy man was all naked and some blood was dried on his pen*s. 

"Because you're a fair man whose ambition is to create a place where no one hurts the other. You shall execute this child rapist."

Ray's pupils shrank to the request, he turned at Crake, his shoulders trembling under Crake’s hands.

"What? Do you want to execute demons only? For real? Are you even neutral now?"

Crake's questions hammered, with every question his snake's tongue hissed malignantly…

Ray looked at the trembling figure who couldn't afford what was happening.

Just by seeing the girl's head abnormally getting cut by itself, he must have lost all power to stand. And to see the head getting eaten by an invisible being he must have felt that he was done for…

"What are you staring at Ray? Give me an answer? Can I trust your neutrality or not? Wasn't your ambition creating a place for both of-" Crake paused, smirked, and continued, "Wait, don't tell me… You lied to Lord Marshal about your ambition."

At that second, the second his father's name was brought memories of his orphanage life flashed through his head and he snapped, "Never! I will NEVER lie to my dad!"

"True, I believe in you as well, that's why you will execute this worthy of nothing human." 

Crake sneered and added, "Right?"

Ray stared at the man, the man was staring at him too but frozen, sweaty and gasping.

"Please help me?" The man who only knew that this boy wasn't normally asked for help. Ray clenched his fists looking the man's wrinkles piling up his face. He who had taken his old man's ambition and goal started panting…

Crake looked at him, "What are you waiting for?"

Ray looked at the fat man, his lips trembling.

"W-" Ray was about to say what will kill the trust with Crake, "What if-" he should squeeze it out, shouldn't panic or get nervous, this man's life depended on his question, "What if you were lying to me?" 

"I see, then how about we ask him?" Crake calmly replied.

Ray looked at Crake, then at the man. He swallowed his saliva and asked, "did you rape that girl?" 

The man widened his eyes, "ha?"

"did you rape the child?" Ray repeated, but the man said nothing, Ray couldn't hold it for any longer and snapped at the man.

"WHY DID YOU RAPE HER!?"

"I didn't." The man said instantly, and as if cold water was poured onto Ray's heart, a smile appeared on him as he looked at Crake.

Crake's eyes widened and said...

"were you just relieved because you thought that I was the one who killed the girl?"

And Ray froze.

33