8. Not Epic
107 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A year had passed, and the Kingdom was preparing for War.

Most of the able-bodied men were forcibly drafted to defend the city, while the trained soldiers went for the offense.

Worst of all, the civilians weren't given proper care. Their meals were horrible and they were unable to earn the keep for their family. The prices were rising and starvation plagued the country.

Those who raised their protest to the King were put down.

The Capital city was in an uproar.

It was much better, at faraway cities not neighboring the enemies.

Though the Nobles didn't exactly have it easy. Some even thought about separating themselves from the Kingdom, when they have to give a large portion of their personal army and valued men to incompetent army commanders, all 'for the country's sake'.

Under Duke Virgil, the undercurrents were moving. He only pledged allegiance to the previous King, not the Royal Family.

As such, when someone dared to cross the line, he wouldn't hesitate to fuck him up.

==

That was the prophecy I told Kendrick, during the night.

Since I was the Story itself, it will come true one hundred percent, if he didn't do anything.

He didn't ask, "Why must there be war?" or "How can we all live in peace?"

Instead, he asked me about what I knew about the future.

"You are a special case. You can have any kind of future you want. Whether you'd like to be a King or a God. I can make it true."

"Both of them sound like a pain," Kendrick shrugged, "I just wished a world where I can live in peace forever with my family."

"What about magic?"

"It's good to have them."

==

"Since that's the case, I sent them to Heaven."

Hector looked totally dumbfounded when he listened to my story from start to finish.

"In a way, this is legendary."

His complexion turned pale and he shut all my attempts of communication.

This was fine.

I just want to tell my story, and I'm glad he's a good listener.

I think my sides died a little when I wrote the punchline.

Since I tend to get bored fast, I might make the arcs pretty short.

4