11. King’s Quest
84 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ronaldo sailed to Lisbon without a hitch. The aggressors probably saw him sailing Heavy Galleons and ceased their plan.

As the fleet anchored up, his crews went their own business.

The young captain went towards the castle; the Chancellor led him directly to His Majesty.

"Sir Ronaldo, I want you to buy x pieces of grain. I will reward you handsomely, what do you say?"

"It shall be done, Your Majesty."

As Grain was easily found in Europe, it's an easy task.

Ronaldo's main goal was to restore his family's name. By fulfilling the quest, he'll gain title and gold.

Of course, he didn't do so right away. He would visit the Princess, whom he had a crush on. She was a sweet blond lady around his age.

Despite being engaged to Spanish royalty, she didn't halt his romantic advances.

It was a political marriage; her partner only saw her as a tool of conquest.

Ronaldo, on the other hand, would bring gifts, flowers, and compose corny poems. He'd ask how the Princess were doing, or if there's anything he could help.

He felt happy to see her open up.

The young captain would also tell his absurd travels, which made her laugh so much, she fell from the chair once.

"Please get on with the King's request," the Chancellor rebuked.

Ronaldo called his crewmen for a short trip to Majorca. It was a good place for Grain.

He took a rest at Lisbon and spent his days with the Princess.

...and several months passed.

Just by doing the King's errand, he rose from a commoner to Squire, Page, and Knight.

Though His Majesty's next request was a pain.

"I need you to hunt down Ali Hassan from Turkey. He's been troubling Portugal a lot."

In the game, it was difficult to search a specific fleet in the open seas.

Usually, you would listen to gossips at the Tavern, but they were so damn unreliable.

Like, "Ali Hassan was hunting down Marco from Portugal."

How the heck would I know where Marco was?

After several attempts, they might give a coordinate, like N40 E25.

...but when you get there--not a single fleet were present.

They often lead you back and forth—it could take a year before they showed up.

==

Ronaldo gathered news at the Lisbon Tavern.

"I heard he's on the way to Istanbul."

As he visited several ports to inquire of Ali Hassan, he found that Spain and Turkey had stolen his 'hard work'.

Most places he went to invest in became a neutral port; the others were taken over by both nations. It made him so angry; he vowed to take back the ports, and sink each of their ships.

Plus all the Pirates, for fun.

His first 'victim' happened to be a Portuguese pirate, sporting a fleet of heavyweight ships.

Ronaldo declared battle from the enemy's rear; he waited until their fleet moved first in the main map to guarantee his turn.

During that time, you could gun down the enemy flagship for an easy victory.

In case they survived, their ships needed a full turn before they could attack.\

Unlike boarding, they had no way to fight back.

It's especially devastating with a hundred-cannon Heavy Galleon.

That meant one thing...

"Curses!"

Before the Pirates were able to react, Ronaldo lined his fleet diagonally against their flagship.

He made an arm signal.

"Ready, set, fire!"

Hundreds of cannonballs flew from the Behemoths; the first round already sunk the masts and severely battered the hull. The next volley sent it to Davy Jones' Locker.

As with his sailing, his crew's battle level rose explosively.

...but something wasn't right when he sunk his enemies left and right.

"They're all stronger than me."

The enemies he fought—even the merchants had a higher battle level than his entire crew.

While their average capped at 50, the enemies were always 51.

Ronaldo went careless at some point--one of his ships nearly lost all crew from a single boarding.

...all because he didn't get the first turn.

Luckily, his enemy was just a lone ship, else he had to bear losing his comrade-in-arms.

...and after a year of waiting, Ali Hassan's fleet came to view.

He sunk the Turk's flagship with just a round of firing.

Ronaldo thought—it's so blissful to return home.

While he's happily whistling in his cabin, Mark spoke up:

"It'd be faster to find Ali Hassan if you asked us..."

It made Ronaldo slam his table and screamed on top of his lungs.

Slumping on his desk, he uttered hoarsely:

"Mark, get me some alcohol."

==

Ronaldo was now a Baronet.

His next task was the dream and aspiration of many sailors—Treasure Hunting.

This time, the NPCs would often give correct info.

It'd be a pain if the map holder happened to be on the sea.

In the flagship's cabin, he unfolded the map in front of his trusty mates.

With their help, the map search didn't take long.

Everyone pinpointed the same location; Ronaldo's smile turned sour.

"Out of all places, It just had to be Antarctica."

...but compared to the misery of hunting Ali Hassan, he'd be glad to sail the South Pole many times over.

"At least I didn't have to wait forever this time."

I end up skipping a lot of details since they're made the story boring.

Despite the short chapter, a lot of shit's going on.

I'll split the chapters so it'd be more comfortable to read.

To be honest, I don't really like writing these kind of chapters, so I might try drafting the entire arc next time, to make sure it's enjoyable from start to finish.

3