20. The Pen and Paper
60 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finally realized why I followed the 'main characters'.

I guess, I'd rather stick to someone interesting, because I don't want to be judged.

I don't want to be in the spotlight and reveal things that made me vulnerable.

I used to have a few friends back then. I had nothing in common with them anymore.

While I was all alone, I wasn't sad, because there's more than one way of making friends.

That was probably why I love stories. It's like I was connected to them, and experienced the same thing.

They taught me that I could have power, and never have to bow down to anyone.

That it's possible to eventually get anything I want if I persevered.

...but the most important thing—I wasn't alone.

It became mine and their story. I knew that it's okay to screw up in life since I had someone I can laugh up with.

I hate to admit it--I couldn't live without the presence of others. Even if I love to have some time alone, I eventually want to observe how things were going.

Nevertheless, my desire for power stood tall.

...but now, that I had everything, it's ironic—that I was lost on what to do.

==

This place's basically a tropical vacation home. I knew this heat—thankfully there were no insects.

The furnishing's quite ergonomic. While it had high tech tools like a cleaning Roomba, it retained the casual vibe; it truly made me feel at home. When I often dreamed of luxury life, the most important thing was comfort.

I took care of my business like washing up and breakfast—although it's evening.

From browsing the net, Bermuda actually ain't in the Caribbean but further North and sub-tropical.

As for this place, I dunno. It's in the middle of nowhere; only sleek white sands, and well—I lost interest.

I was never an outdoor person. Nothing could beat my PC, but I appreciate the change of scenery.

I opened my emulator and phone; doing dailies on my waifu games. Time had passed so quickly; it was night again.

The best thing to do while farming was doing my own thing, like writing a new chapter of my story, reading manga, watching Utube videos, and so on. It was much better than the convenience store; the casual vibe helped to set my mood.

While at it, I wanted to read stories. As such, I went to my usual novel database site and searched the interesting tags.

Man, all of them look boring and generic as fuck. Seriously, couldn't anyone at least try to write something decent?

...but well, it's not their fault. Lately, I kinda lost interest in stories and were all about games.

Maybe I should ditch it and go to pen-and-paper games. After all, the only thing I cared about was the gameplay.

Or was it possible for a story to have great gameplay?

Let's see...there was a pen-and-paper RPG, but that's boring since you need friends.

Alright, let's make a single-player campaign. Maybe something like the Hunter stories.

Let's see...

First of all, you can create your character. It can be a guy or a girl.

All stat points start with five.

The stats would be Strength, Perception, Endurance, intellect, Awareness, and Luck. The highest value was for each stat was 10.

You could assign five points at the beginning, and subtract one, to get another bonus point. The final stat couldn't be lower than 1.

After that, you could assign two talents to the character. It could be as strong as you want, but don't blame me if you get bored.

In any case, feel free to write the campaign any way you want.

My character would look like this:

Strength: 5
Perception: 5
Endurance: 5
Intellect: 5
Awareness: 5
Luck: 10

My talents would be [Lucky Criticals], which increased my character's hit rate and chance to score critical hits according to luck.

The second talent, [Fate Gambler], will improve the dice roll result, according to my character's luck.

In pen-and-paper RPGs, a lot of factors were decided by your dice roll, and luck normally ain't selectable. From chances to hit and evade, picking locks, and even avoiding instant death traps.

My first talent would help greatly in combat, and the second talent would boost it to fraudulent levels.

Since I have too many male protagonists, let's make her a girl.

For the name, maybe Park Yoon-hae.

She's a third-year student, 18 years old when the Great Cataclysm happened and dungeons began to appear all over the Earth.

A cute schoolgirl with a black ponytail, and shapely body. While a lot of classmates had a crush on her, she's only interested in video games, particularly gacha.

She had an obsession with collecting cute waifus and having lewd fantasies with them. Due to her absurd luck, she always managed to become the top player by pulling the meta units, until the game became boring to her.

It also helped that most meta units were waifu material, if not, she'd quit much sooner. Of course, she wasn't a free-to-play. While she spent a little, it took most of her allowances.

In any case, her backstory's not important since I didn't care about staying in-character.

So, the first chapter of Yoon-hae's saga began with the sudden earthquake that's heard all the way to her class.

It was Math and the teacher's writing some equations in the whiteboard. The earthquake made him trip and fall on his balls.

Since I was Yoon-hae, I probably would farm the new event on my phone, while copying the teacher's notes.

The quake made the entire class crash and fall; as for Yoon-hae.

[Initiating endurance check.]

It's the first stat check of the campaign.

Let's make it, if the endurance was only one or two lower than the required amount, you could roll dice to negate the bad result.

If it's too low, you could even lessen the debuff.

For this one, let's say the requirement was 7, while her Endurance was 5.

If she rolled 4 to 6, she could negate it completely.

Alright, I'll get to a random number generator for this one.

It was 5.

The effect of [Fate Gambler] would increase the amount, to a perfect roll, which was 6.

As such, it gave this message.

[You have gained the 'Strong Stance' proficiency!]

Since it's my own game, I would definitely forget them as I went by, so it's not important.

...but you couldn't instantly learn skills. By doing stuff, you will acquire proficiency. When you're adept enough at it, the System will register it as a skill.

Amidst the Earthquake, only Park Yoon-hae stood in place; her desk intact.

[You have gained a small amount of reputation.]

Again, this was only a flavor text, just ignore it.

The class was all confused before the teacher calmed them down while clutching his balls.

The students saw a pillar of crimson light rising from the distance.

While it wasn't logical to do so, I make Yoon-hae jump outta the window and dashed towards the entrance.

It wasn't a big deal since her class was on the first floor.

"Park Yoon-hae!"

It happened so abruptly, everyone could only react when Yoon-hae's already far off. Despite the teacher's loud scream, it was unsure whether Yoon-hae heard it.

The schoolgirl kept running non-stop towards the pillar's direction. Her skirt, ponytail, and boobs swaying against the wind.

"Ah, I wanted to go home and masturbate," she thought.

It might be her luck; neither the police nor military made it in time. As such, no one would get on her way.

A cavern with an ominous aura leaked out.

With a gulp, she stepped in. For what?

For my amusement, of course.

I think I won't make it in time for the deadline, but I have a good news.

I like writing this kind of chapter, and it might motivate me more to release faster.

2