22. The Joy of Experience
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, I spent a lot of time thinking.

What I need the most, is a meaningful experience.

I finally understand why I kept trying to follow the main characters, instead of going through my own life.

Their experience was something I didn't have, and it would enrich myself.

That's how I eventually gained my humanity.

Even if I was the one going through it, the experience would be different. It's not something I could replicate.

While they might be my subconscious creation, my point still stands. Especially if I thought of them as another person.

For my favorite main character, I guess I have to pick the young man. He's with me for the longest time, and we had a lot of things in common.

I guess that's why I stuck with him for so long, compared to the others.

==

Speaking of which, I tried to check on him.

I based his current world on a life simulation game called the Jims. It's closely resembled real-life.

The game's main goal was to fulfill your character's lifetime aspiration, but for the most part, you could do whatever you want.

I went directly to his house—there's a ticketing machine on his front door.

It cost fifteen dollars to get in.

The house itself was just one-story and pretty wide. It had a garden with gnomes people keep kicking for some reason.

He also had a stylish sports car in his garage. Since I wasn't short on money, I paid fifteen bucks and turned the doorknob.

Inside, a lot of people just sat around, blowing bubbles on a machine.

Most of them were actually adults.

While I questioned their sanity for paying fifteen bucks, at least they had fun.

There's another door in back, with words 'Authorized Personel Only'.

Since I informed him beforehand, I made myself at home and waltz right in. It led straight to a big area, with the living room and kitchen. It had comfortable wooden floors and top-shelf furniture.

I could see him in the dining table, while a beautiful girl with blue hair and a maid outfit was preparing the food. She had pretty nice curves on her chest and rear.

"She's a robot though."

Noticing my gaze, the young man just grinned.

Yeah right, with a body like that—he'd lewd this robot girl all day.

I'd do that if I were in his shoes.

"Lewd."

The maid made a monotone face while putting her thumb between her fingers.

Now I understood who's the top, in this relationship.

Though I didn't care unless they're both girls.

I took a seat in front of him and stretched my legs.

Before long, the maid finished cooking and served a pot of piping hot rice with pork chops, vegetable soup, and a lot more. She flashed us a warm smile, while the young man pushed the rice pot to my side.

"Care to join us for lunch?"

"No thanks, it's night time in my place. I'd be sleeping after I checked you up. A cup of coffee will do."

I already had my meals, but it's more like breakfast.

She scooped up the young man's portion and her own.

"Are you the type that gets sleepy after coffee?"

"Yep."

"Instant or beans?" the maid inquired.

"Either will do."

The maid went to the coffee machine and poured the beans. There were sounds akin to a blender. When it stopped, she prepared a small cup with a filter paper.

The residue was thick and had a nice, bitter smell.

"Have some Espresso," the maid placed the small cup on my side, while she sat next to the young man, and placed her hands together, "Thanks for the meal."

I found it funny since she's the one who prepared the food.

She shook her head, and made a cute wink, "I'm saying thanks for the farmers who planted the grains and raised the animals."

Wait a minute...

"Aren't you a robot?"

"Can't robots enjoy rice like normal humans? Even Dor*emon can eat dorayaki, why can't I? Hmph..."

"In that case, what's the proof that you're a robot?"

"It's simple—I cannot solve the Captcha!"

"Bruh."

The Espresso was really bitter, but it tasted nice.

Even a single sip manage to jolt me awake.

Which made me remember--Espresso in this game was pretty OP. You only need two or three cups to equate a full night's sleep.

It might be a coincidence, but as I finished my cup, they're already done as well.

The maid brought the dishes away, leaving me and the young man alone.

"Come on, don't be a stranger. What's wrong with staying over for small talk?"

"Well, that's true. It's just, can you recommend some of your favorite stories? I tried to find some new ones, but most weren't really interesting. I was kinda bored to death over here."

"How about reading my novel?" the young man thumped his palm, "I wrote a lot of stuff as a hobby. Since our interests are similar, it might suit your taste."

"Hmm..."

He gave me the usual website he went to and his pen name.

"I'll give it a read after I wake up, thanks."

"Take your time, and hope you enjoy it."

==

As usual, the site had a lot of Isekai stories and a lot of things with recycled tropes.

When I came to his novel, it made me realize, the other thing that made him my favorite character.

He had something I don't—creativity.

I wouldn't say his writing was top-notch, as he's just an amateur.

...but he could give me something, that even world-class Authors couldn't.

Best of all—there were actually people enjoying his work.

While it's just a few in commenting in each chapter, they actually cared enough, to keep supporting him. Staying through thick and thin, despite his irregular updates.

I don't know why, but I was proud of him.

Anyway, here's the novel title:

[In Another World, the Hero's Party were my Alt Accounts.]

I guess I'll continue the story at my own pace.

I may also continue my other projects, depending on the inspiration.

While it's not easy to continue from this point, this is the most satisfying one I came up with :D /

2