Chapter 8 – Survivor’s Stories
127 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sarah Lockear was 20 years old. 2 years ago, her school was the scene of a high school shooting when 3 boys brought automatic machine guns to school and started shooting up everyone they saw. The final death count was 23 dead school mates.

Sarah charged at them, taking down one of the shooters who accidentally shot one of his armed accomplices in the head as his rifle fired wildly. The spray of bullets also killed two other students and a teacher.   

She was a local Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt champion in her state and broke the guy's arm, and started choking him out when the other accomplice appeared from elsewhere and shot at her. 

She received multiple wounds, one in her arm, her abdomen and her leg, and the last accomplice approached to finish her off at point blank range, the the police barged in and killed him, rescuing her as she passed out. 

She had to remove one of her kidneys as it was badly damaged, and initially, she received fame and even a congressional medal of honor. 

But as her hospital bills piled up, the worse was yet to come. The parents of the killed students filed lawsuits against her for endangering their children's lives, and sued her family to financial ruin. 

From a hero, her small town started treating her like a pariah and people even spat at her while she was moving around in her wheelchair recovering. 

Finally, at her lowest point, Second Chances approached her. 

The injured guy was Romeo Lanchetti, a 30 year old fireman from Brooklyn. 

A few years ago, he gained a small degree of fame for running into a blazing building to save a child stuck at the top of the 7 story building. 

Braving the fire, he ran up 7 stories and barged into the apartment, immediately picking up the small girl. 

As the building collapsed, a blazing body ran out of the building, huddled up over a small object. 

As the firemen put out the flames from his body, he was found crying over the burnt charcoal remains of the small girl. 

He didn't get any praise however. What he got was a lawsuit from the family of the young girl, claiming negligence. He won the case of course, but the court case cost alot of money ruining him. 

The firestation also fired him for disobeying orders in charging in, being reckless and endangering himself and other firemen. 

The medical bills from his 3rd degree burns all over his back and legs completely bankrupted him, which was when Second Chances came into the picture and offered him his second chance.

The woman's name was Annora Lee, 35. She was a retired assassin for an assassination firm. 

After fulfilling her contract, she retired to start a family and settled down with a handsome lawyer and had two children together with him.

However, someone put a hit on her, killing her family in cold blood while they tortured her. They even hired her old organization to do so.

She took her revenge by destroying her organization, killing her ex bosses but she couldn't find out who put the hit on her.

Now, by braking the code, the other assassination organizations as well as the party originally putting the hit on her, forcing her to forever be on the run. She had nowhere to go and was just waiting to die.

Even so, she fought like a mad woman, even with no hope, she refused to give up and kept fighting. 

Thus Second Chances approached her.

One of the other men was Daniel Jonas, 42 year old former detective with his city CSI. He walked with a limp and had a glass eye, a prosthetic foot and hand.  

On the trail of a serial murderer, he was himself captured by the killer. 

Placed in a death trap, where he was given the choice to either saw off his own leg or die by a murderous contraption, he sawed off his right foot, managing to escape. 

He was captured again and again, but each time, he sacrificed something before he finally managed to kill the deranged murderer. 

But instead of acclaim, he was fired for playing games with the murderer, and the family sued him to ruin. Having lost his right foot, his left hand, his left eye and having being castrated, he was approached by Second Chances as he was about to put a bullet through his mouth. 

Lastly, there was a buff looking guy, who was funnily enough wearing an actual tin foiled hat, who introduced himself as Matthew Rattinger, or as he's known on Youtube, Mat Rat, 27 year old youtube celebrity. 

He was a real life internet warrior, as in actual warrior, who hunted down cryptids. Armed with pepper spray, a baseball bat, a go pro and a tazer, he successfully caught and filmed the Rake, the Slender Man, and was badly injured when he tried to capture Bigfoot. 

As he normally tazered these cryptids, after filming and recording them, he usually let them go, which led to claims that he faked all of them. His attempt with Bigfoot, he did manage to get footage of a large creature, but as the camera was shaky, there was no conclusive proof. Furthermore, he supposedly got injured in the attempt, which many said was an excuse for not capturing the creature. 

Suddenly finding out he had cancer, he was approached by Second Chances, which told him they could cure him. So he joined. He was surprised however, that while all his equipment he brought was on him, his Go-pro camera wasn't

Lionel told his story about killing the giant in Kandahar, but didn't mention his life back home, only saying he suffered from PTSD. 

He didn't want to tell them what an asshole he was, and the harm he brought to his ex-wife. These people were after all mostly heroes and admirable people that were wronged, unlike him, the scumbag.

Suddenly a poppup appeared in front of all their faces

[Task Accompished: Survive the Zombie Attack]

They all looked at each other as they saw each other teleporting away. 

1