Chapter 12 – The Reckoning
124 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ramona and Paul regained their moment and looked at Lionel in fear as he sat on the bed with them. 

"Lionel! How!" Ramona said. 

"I'm no longer off this world Mona. I'm no longer human. I came back just to tell you that I'm so sorry for what I've put your through" Lionel said, without looking at her. 

"No. Lionel..." Ramona said while Paul sat silently. 

"Take this card. This is all I have left in this world. I want you to have it. The pin is your birthday. As I do my dirty work for those angels.." Lionel explained

"What? Angels?" Ramona asked. 

"Yeah. Something like that. When I work in the afterlife for them, I will be earning money. Since I no longer have any attachments to this world besides you, I want you to have it. The money will increase the more I do their work" Lionel said. 

"No, I can't!" Ramona said. 

"Please. This card is all I have in this world. I don't even have you anymore. The card and... well my old body. Please dispose of it. Bury me or cremate me and dump me into the sea. Don't leave me as a John Doe body..." Lionel said. 

"Lionel.." Ramona said, reaching out to him. 

He suddenly stood up and walked away. 

"Paul.. please take care of Mona for me. Please go now. The mobsters will be returning soon with more guns" he said and disappeared into the shadows. 

"Lionel! Lionel!" Ramona yelled as Paul pulled her away. 

"I.. I won't ever forget you! Paul and I are not together! It's always been you!" she yelled. 

But Lionel didn't respond as Paul pulled her out of there. 

Lionel looked around. This building looked interesting. It was some sort of private hospital. 

"Smart guy this Tony Ramone. Setting up something like this to look legitimate as he sold black market organs" Lionel smirked. 

--

Ramona and Paul found their clothes and quickly rushed home to call the police. Ramona screamed when she saw a body there. It was Lionel's body, splayed on her bed. Lionel's skin lay like a wetsuit on the side of her bed. 

"I better call an undertaker to cremate it" Paul said. 

"No! Lionel.. this is Lionel's body" Ramona said. 

"But..." 

"Leave! I want to be alone with Lionel. Maybe he'll come back if I restore him" she said, trying to put his body parts together. 

--

Over the next two nights, one team after another entered the building, fully armed to the teeth. 

But after entering the building, nobody returned. 

Tony sat at his usual office waiting for the phone call to confirm Lionel's real death. But there was no response. 

Suddenly there was a phone call

"Finally. Those bastards sure took their time. Hello?" Tony Ramone said.

"Hi. Aren't you going to send any more? It's been several hours" Lionel's cheerful voice sounded over the phone

"You....I'll kill you!" Tony Ramone said and hung up. 

Lionel sat naked on a pile of heads, eating a human thigh like a drumstick. 

"No wonder that Mutilator enjoyed cannibalism. These are delicious" he said, eating the dangly bits hanging off the top of the thighs. 

Since becoming a incubus/zombie hybrid, he found it unsatisfying to eat normal food. He preferred to eat human flesh raw as it tasted better than any steak he's ever eaten. 

"Hmmm I wonder" he said before commanding "Status"

[Lionel Marshall's Status Window]

[1. General Information]

Sex/Age: Male/29
Height/Weight: 180 cm/79.5 kg.
Current Condition: Good
Class: LV. 0
Nationality: United States (Area 1)
Affiliation: N/A
Alias: N/A

[2. Traits]

1. Temperament:
— Weak-willed. (Possesses a weak will, addicted to gambling and alcohol, cannot keep promises, unable to resist temptation)
— Short-tempered.

2. Aptitude:
— Average. (Overcame his PTSD.)

[3. Stats]

Strength: 46 Speed: 27
Agility: 25 Durability: 45
Intelligence: 5 Charisma: 28
Life: 2100 Mana: 2000

Remaining Ability points: 0

[4. Abilities]

1. Innate Abilities (1)
- Immortal Lifeforce (Lifespan of undeterminate length, increased stamina and mana)

2. Job-Related Abilities (1)
- talented soldier (natural born killer)

3. Other Abilities (0)
- former potential american football pro (haven't practiced in years)

4. Species Attributes
- Zombie Physique (Resistant to all damage, Strength of 10 men, Recovery by eating flesh)
- Incubus Physique (Incredibly handsome, Strength of 30 men, Blinding Speed, Regeneration, Life Drain through intercourse, claws, fangs, wings, tail)

"Wow, that's quite an improvement of my stats. My zombie abilities lets me eat flesh. No wonder it tastes so good. What about my Incubus... Life Drain by intercourse hmm? How often will I use this" he wondered. 

Suddenly he heard cars approaching. 

As he was about to open the door, the door exploded as the whole room became covered in flames. 

Lionel walked out calmly, seeing thugs fire bazookas at his direction and spraying machine gun fire everywhere. There was a thug with a flame thrower too. 

In the distance, sirens were blaring as they approached. 

"Hahaha. Tony Ramone's gone off the rails. Finally he's broken" Lionel said as he charged. 

--

Tony Ramone watched on the TV as the helicopter cameramen shot clips of the building collapsing in flames. The police were losing in a shootout as the armed mercenaries drove off in their armored vehicles. 

"Hahaha. Even the cops have to run away. Their firepower is beyond them" Tony Ramone laughed as he nursed his amputated right hand.

"Now, with that bastard dead, time to make my bolster out of that dancer's skin. No one messes with Tony Ramone" he said

"Didn't I tell you not to touch Ramona? Did you think those assholes could kill me?" a voice suddenly said from behind.

Tony turned around in shock

"No! Lionel.. I'm sorry... please..." 

A loud scream came from Tony Ramone's office

As his guards rushed in they started retching as they saw Tony's naked body

His body seemed to be seperated at the waist as his body was compressed together. His top torso was shoved into his bottom torso

Although it looked like his bottom torso was intact from the front, from the back you could see his spine pushed down an exiting his backside as the spine impaled his chair. 

His chest was shoved through his pelvis as his terrified face was facing his penis.

 

2