Chapter 14 – Entering the Training Stage
108 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damn" Lionel said as he zipped up his pants and looked around, seeing several familiar people. 

Sarah Lochear, Daniel Jones, Annora Lee, Mat Rat still around as well as Raymond Bundy "the Mutilator" and the assassin Nico Nguyen "the Spider-Man". 

Sarah was dressed in a sports bra and yoga pants, with sports shoes. But on top of that, this time she had roller blade guards for her knees, and elbows as well as a helmet. 

Mat Rat has even more tin foil wrapped all over his body. 

Annora was dressed in her full assassin gear, looking like a ninja in all black, elbeit without a head mask.

Nico Nguyen looked similarly dressed in black like a ninja

The Mutilator was again dressed neatly in a white suit, white hat and a smiley face mask.

Daniel Jones looked like a private investigator. Just normal pants and shirt, but with a trench coat and a detective hat, with several hidden handguns.  

Lionel was only dressed in black jeans, a silky black shirt and boots. 

Over the week, he didn't fight the gangsters using weapons at all. Instead he seemed to enjoy physical battle using claws, wings and fangs as well as his new speed and strength. 

They were ushered to a huge hall which had seats like that of a theatre. 

They walked together and were given allocated seats. Lionel found that there were many other people who he's never seen before. 

Overall there is around less than 70 people who were there in total. 

A muscular man walked on stage. He emanated power the moment he walked on, and the crowd silenced as he started speaking. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Congratulations on your passing the test and welcome to the Training stage. My name is Gilgamesh

Yes, I am the very Gilgamesh of legend. 

All of us here were once called Gods of Demi-Gods from all over the world. 

We are the guardians of humanity. And after the training stage, so are all of you. 

You have all been chosen because of your extraordinary stories, who overcame extraordinary circumstances in your previous lives. 

But I am sure, as you all found out, doing heroic things, saving people and fighting strange creatures do not get you fame or fortune, unlike in the movies or comic books. 

The world in general do not want their everyday normal lives to be shattered by news of an alien attack, or of monsters. They would rather turn on their heroes so that they can pretend nothing happened, and get back to their regular lives. 

You are all here because your lives have been ruined, even though you did extraordinary things of merit for humanity. 

Let me start from the beginning. 

In Genesis 6:4 the Bible explains that the fallen angels mated with the daughters of men and produced Nephilim or giants. Some became monsters, and some became heroes of old. 

The Greek Gods are descendants of Zeus the ruler of the Greek Pantheon, and his siblings, were in turn children of the Titans, or Giants.

The Aisir over there, or as you know them as the Norse Gods, were also of this geneology, with Odin the Ruler of that Pantheon, together with his brothers Vili and Ve were the sons of Borr and Bestia, who was a Jotunn giantess. Many of the Norse pantheon are born out of these first Gods and the Jotunn.  

Even I myself, am a hybrid of a fallen angel and mortal woman. 

Besides the few of us here who will administer the training stage, you will meet many more of us, who all come from the same origins. You will meet others from other Pantheons from Egypt, China, the Americas and many more. 

While you mortals call us Gods, or Demi-Gods, we simply call ourselves Guardians. And so will you be when you pass the training stage. 

In your training here, you will be tasked to take on training missions. We have captured many weaker fallen angels, or demons as you call them, and their minions for you to pit your strength against. 

Each mission will give you more points, and these points can be used to level up your abilities, get better armor and weapons.

Food and accommodations will be provided for you for free during this 3 month period

I hope you succeed and become competent Guardians" he said as he walked off. 

A beautiful blonde woman walked on stage and looked at the crowd

"My name is Artemis. Let me get down to the briefing. 

You are all arranged by the 7 continents you came from. But you are not obligated to work together in the training stage and are free to mix as you wish. 

Before we begin, please proceed to the sorting orbs. There is one for each continent. 

This will divide you into one of 4 classes. You will be differentiated into Melee, Speed, Blast or Universal categories based on your attributes. 

Melee class will be those who excel in fighting and become warriors, barbarians, knights, soldiers etc.

Speed class are those who excel in agility, speed and stealth and become assassins, rangers, archers, thieves, spys etc

Blast class are those who have abilities using mana and become magicians, priests, psionics etc

Universal class are those who have everything. This class is rare as they have high combat and speed abilities, as well as a high level of mana. 

Please proceed" she said

They lined up in 7 lines and it took a short while to sort who was in what class. 

Of the group from north America, Sarah, Mat Rat and the Mutilator were Melee class while Annora and Nico were Speed class. Surprisingly Daniel was a Blast class while Lionel was Universal due to his high stats in strength, agility but also high mana rating.  

They were then led to the rest of the facility. 

After being led around to see all the facilities, Lionel immediately went to the missions room. 

"Hi. Are you here to take your first mission already? Don't you want to train first?" the person at the counter named Hebe asked. 

"No. I want to try straight away" Lionel said

1