Chapter 38 – Castle Rothskull
94 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Just who are you really, Lyon Taiga? How can you only be a Level 1, seeing what you can do? You surely can't be a nobody" Tanya asked, still laying in bed, too exhausted to move.

Lionel was dressing next to the bed, pleased that he could now reliably control his life drain ability. Although he still couldn't turn it completely off when he has sex, he can at least turn down the power so as not to cause permanent damage. 

"I... that's who I am right now. My old identity should no longer matter" Lionel answered

"Besides... your strength and.. ah durability isn't normal" he added, seeing that if she were a normal person, his life drain, no matter how slight, may still drain a days worth of energy from a normal woman.

"I am human, from Earth. But I am a second generation Guardian. My mother... was here and conceived me, but raised me on earth. My father.. well, you know the Gods, turning into animals and so forth... I don't know who my father was.

I still had to go through the test and the training zone. But when I arrived at the End of Days, my mother recommended me to be trained by the Amazons and Valkyries when I got here years ago" Tanya answered, explaining her reason she was as strong as 10 men

"I'm only a first generation. But I grew exponentially fast in the training zone. But an incident happened, and I was sent out early. Something happened to the portal and here I am" he said. 

"Straight from the Training Zone? But the last batch that came happened 6 months ago. Are you sure you just came out a week ago?" she said

"I don't know. What year is it on earth?" he asked

"It's 2020! Why?" she asked

"2020! 2020... I've lost... 4 years?" he gasped

"10 years? Most of your batch who have lived this long should quite established by now, or dead.." she said

"I see. Do you know any news about the Goddess Hebe?" Lionel asked

"Hebe? The rumours has it she slept around behind Hercules' back, and the culprit beat her up and caused her to slip into a coma. There's still a bounty on... wait... are you the culprit?" Tanya suddenly asked

"I never beat her up! Hebe was treating me whenever I became infected with the spirits of the monsters I defeated. But that last one was... too much for her, putting her in a coma" Lionel answered

"Too much for a Goddess? Which mission did you..." Tanya asked

"Typhon and Echidna" Lionel answered

"But... but... that's an impossible mission!!" Tanya gasped, remembering the missions in the missions room.

"Was impossible... I didn't mean to hurt Hebe. She was my lover. But now.. I have to go.." he said as he vanished

"Wait Lyon! I won't tell anyone. I swear!" Tanya said

"I know. But I have to go to clear my name" she heard a voice as she felt a kiss on her forehead. Then, he was gone.

--

"So where will you be going?" Catherine the receptionist asked. She already did her background check after finding out Lionel's real name.

He was there to collect his reward for the missions he completed.

"I'm going to clear my name. I have to get to the city of Olympus" he told her

"They still have a bounty on your head, you know" she said

"I know. But I have to clear my name. And I have to find out what happened to Lady Hebe" Lionel answered

"You can stay here at Fort Larimar you know. Most of the mercenaries here have a unsavory past too" she said

"Perhaps. But I've lost 3 years of my life. I need to clear my name" he said.

"Then I wish you luck" she smiled.

Lionel nodded as he waved goodbye.

The he flew out of the fort, invisible so as not to be seen.

Looking at the sky, the sun has been up for some time as it was already late morning. 

Before heading to Olympus, he had another destination.

Castle Rothskull.

The castle was still in disarray since he and Tanya rescued Duke Roland's daughter and killed Baron Hannibal and the staff and guards of the place were all unsure of what was happening

They found a broken stone statue that looked a bit like the Baron, but otherwise as far as everyone knew, the Baron was simply missing.

Lionel wanted the castle for himself. It was well hidden and fortified and would provide him with a base in this world.

And what could be creepier than a whole castle of stone statues of people seemingly frozen in random poses?

Lionel relaxed in the Baron's bedroom, looking at himself in the mirror, naked

This was the first time he's been by himself for some time. Many things had happened, but to him it was only last week that he defeated Typhon and Echidna. Before that, he had been challenging missions non stop.

But now that he had time, he needed to master one of his skills, shapeshifting.

His racial abilities of a vampire, merman and werewolf enabled him to shapeshift. However, it allowed him to shapeshift only to certain preset default forms.

His vampire abilities enabled him to turn into bats, mist, rats and wolf

His merman abilities enabled him to turn his bottom half into that of a fish

His werewolf abilities enabled him to shift from human to half human/wolf and fully wolf form. 

But could he created his own default forms?

As he practiced his transformations of all 3 races, he felt similar sensations in the body parts he changed. 

So he tried to recreate the same sensations on other parts of his body instead. 

Finally, after 2 weeks of practice, he managed to master this skill. 

At first, he learned to change his size to a much larger man, to a much smaller man

Then, he learned how to change his sex, turning his former male body to a fully desirable female form. 

Lastly, he learned how to change his face, disguise himself and look like anyone he wanted. There were many of the Baron's staff that were frozen as statues for him to imitate. 

He learned how to modulate his voice too. From rougher harsher sounds using his werewolf vocal chords, he could sound more masculine. Using his mermaid and banshee vocal chords, he could sound more feminine, indistinguishable from a real woman.  

His usual form was that of a male, slim yet well defined. His face was demonically very handsome, with his merman/vampire/incubus added charm. People who knew him before would still recognize him as Lionel Marshall, but those that knew him now would know him as Lyon. 

He created a much more muscular and bulkier male persona called Taiga with a more manly face.

The other personality was a female named Lynn who was incredibly beautiful, matching the most beautiful of mermaids/vampires/succubus. 

Finding a storage ring in the Baron's bedroom, he filled it with clothes that could fit all 3 personalities. 

The Baron had a harem of 5 vampires who Lionel co-opted for his own use. While he did not sleep with them, they were no doubt very beautiful with vampiric charm. 

He left them to take care of the castle, to ensure that no other forces would occupy the castle until he returned. 

Then, he took the Baron's horse and started riding towards Olympus

0