Chapter 3: Balin’s home
54 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was foggy in the morning in London making it difficult to travel. There is one thing about England you can't know what the weather will be, it will rain anytime and one must always wear a windcheater. Balin lived in Notting Hill which had become quite popular because of the movie Notting Hill movie of Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant, his granny lived here from birth and never liked to move out even though she could more expensive house. Balin's granny runs a fashion magazine before that she was a journalist and a news anchor, she had interviewed many famous people around the globe, also because of her profession she met his grandfather who is Indian origin.  Granny Diana was also famous for her charming personality, still for her age she looked quite young compared to my maternal grandma Usha at first glance can see was a typical orthodox housewife but actually she was quite open-minded on a few things like education, profession and even love. Despite cultural difference both grandma's love their grandchildren unconditionally, making them coordinate with each other for taking care of us especially my sister as she is too young to go to hostel well she is only seven .My younger sister is duplicate of my grandma Diana making her very special, she just looks like a doll with her bluish-green eyes and blonde hair one can't resist to pinch her chubby cheeks.I really sometimes feared how many hearts she will capture after growing up.

I reached my granny Diana's apartment where my baby sis was playing with her dolls on the sofa. Seeing me arrive she gave me a smile and called my grandma Usha who was in the kitchen preparing homemade snacks and tea for us. My grandma Usha often comes to take care of us when my granny Diana is very busy. My grandma Usha came out of the kitchen to see me her hand was full of gram flour, giving me a half hug and kissing me on my cheeks, then I went to wash up myself in my room. Today is the weekend so my granny will definitely come to see us for dinner, while in the meantime I decided to surf the channels on T.V. When I saw they were broadcasting the game of hearts audition tapes as I started watching with my sister, my grandma Usha also joined us with our table full of all sorts of Indian snacks, tea, and milk for my sis. The audition tape mainly showed all the contestants who were already selected my grandma Usha liked the hikikomori guy who joined the show  Kento who came out of the house after 10 years because of family pressure, he had seen the advertisement of the show online, when we were still watching my granny Diana also came and she too joined us, just then an Indian woman came to the show Sukhwinder Mann and my got glued on the T.V.  The judges asked her why she joined the show, Sukhwinder Mann patted her chest and said with a resolution "I want to show my son that I also have the guts to appear on T.V.I have bet with my son that I can survive in the show till one month."Seeing her determination the judges applauded her and gave her the invitation to the show after that I felt sweat coming out of my back I had not come out of my daze when I heard the loud bang of doors both my grandma went to their room in anger and my sis was hitting me with her small hands. Well, it was not enough I started getting calls from my whole family from India and the U.K . all yelling at him just because of his mother's statement on T.V.  just broadcasted. Yes, the night I got interested in the show was because I saw a glimpse of my mom during the show.

1