Chapter 48 : One After Another
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The princess gawked after hearing these words, "Y-you... L-love him!" The beauty stuttered these words while feeling disbelief.

This time it was Odla'nor's turn to be surprised and she blushed while shaking her head before saying : "Of course not! You silly girl, you keep overthinking things. Sometimes I really do wonder what's going through that head of yours."

*Sigh...*

Mela'nor patted her chest while releasing a deep breath before looking towards the green-haired woman and smiling sheepishly.

Odla'nor : "My feelings towards that boy isn't these sorts of feelings, you already know that I don't have siblings." The wood-elf looked towards the sky and continued to say : "Grandma Aida, uncle Cony, and myself... we're the only ones left in the family-branch of our wood-clan."

Mela'nor : "Tsk... and here I thought I was your sister, I guess you don't consider me the same." The beautiful princess had this sly look within her eyes when she said that, the pouty expression she made was very cute though.

"I appreciate you sister... I really do." Odla'nor hugged the princess tightly while muttering these words.

She remembered the time after both of her parents perished, if it weren't for Mela'nor always sticking close to her day in and day out? Then... Odla'nor might've done something reckless to harm herself or broke some law and got herself in trouble.

"Humph. Damn right you should!" Mela'nor pushed her sister at arm's length and admired the special beauty of that woof-elf for a while, while smiling such an extremely sly and mischievous smile the princess continued to say : "I've got great news for you sister."

The green-haired beauty squinted her eyes slightly before asking : "Why do I get the feeling that you're up to some mischief?"

*Snort...*

The princess looked away while making that nasal sound before mysteriously saying : "Don't you want to have some leverage over that human kid? Didn't he make you a lot angry just earlier?" The evil expression on the face of such a beauty would dazzle and captivate anyone without exception.

Odla'nor : "Well. Technically he did, but I also gave him a really nasty beating. I even forgot that he was injured and took it too far, in the end it was too extreme that I wouldn't call it anything other than me bullying him so... you might say that we're kind of even."

Mela'nor : "Tsk. Who cares? He's a human and we're elves! Shouldn't we use this chance to teach him a harsh lesson that he would never forget? So that when he goes back to his fellow humans, he would tell them all about how fearsome and mighty we elves are. That way our race would get to live in peace for a while without harassment." The princess paused then continued to say : "He's not going to stay with us much longer after his wounds are healed anyway."

The female wood-elf was frowning in the beginning and denying these points from her sister however, once the elven-princess revealed that piece of information at the end... the green-haired woman said : "He isn't! Why's that? Did the grand-elders decide to banish the kid? But the holy-envy was the one who brought him in... she even sacrificed a lot of her precious energy just to heal him." Odla'nor seemed really panicked and confused.

"Please stop shaking me... please stop shouting at me..." The princess was still covering her ears while muttering these words for a few seconds after her sister stopped speaking.

Seeing the female wood-elf looking at her with all the seriousness in the world with this pair of eyes, Mela'nor understood that she successfully awakened the inherent stubbornness in her sister and sighed internally.

Mela'nor : "That human kid also have a family and friends, you also met his master that day." The princess tightly held the hands of her sister.

Odla'nor : "En." The wood-elf lowered her head, visibly feeling sad.

"The high-council decided to activate the eternal-reinvigoration formation and recruit the boy's help before attempting to heal the ancestral-tree." Mela'nor said so to cheer Odla'nor up.

"That's... that's really good news, I'll be sure to do my best when it happens." The green-haired woman was in a much better mood after hearing this piece of information and her sister smiled in relief.

Mela'nor : "There's more good news!"

Odla'nor : "Really! What else?"

The princess smiled slyly once again before saying : "Have you already forgotten about the leverage?"

The wood-elf merely shrugged while puckering her lips slightly as if to say : "I don't really care about that." Somehow this green-haired woman assumed a protective-attitude toward the human kid without even realizing!

*Snort...*

Mela'nor : "Well. I'm going to tell you about it anyway... only because I'm your most beloved sister. Humph." This princess really inherited all the beauty from her mother, even when she's frustrated... this woman is dangerous.

After a short pause where she hoped to ignite some feelings of curiosity within her sister, Mela'nor continued to say : "Back when I was in mercenary-city with supreme-commander Ena'dir, I found a treasure that once belonged to the boy."

Odla'nor : "Treasure! What sort of treasure is that? Don't tell me... you to-"

"Of course I took it. His master personally handed it to us without even daring to utter a single word of complaint! Humph." The princess cut her sister off with these words while having an extremely smug and haughty expression on her face.

The female wood-elf on the other hand was shocked then annoyed then angry, the speed at which her expression alternated between this and that... really frightened her sister.

Finally the green-haired woman held the princess by the shoulders and said : "Mela. What did you do? You must return that treasure!"

"Please stop shaking me... please stop shouting at me..." The princess was still covering her ears while muttering these words for a few seconds after her sister stopped speaking... the same scene repeated itself once again.

Seeing the same serious look within her sister's pair of eyes, Mela'nor sighed once again before saying : "How dare he use a spirit-beast as a mount? That's a disgrace to the loyal protectors of our ancestral-tree! Of course I had to take that junior sacred-spirit back to where it belongs."

*****

Lin : "Oh... it's you." The boy thought that it'd be Odla'nor when the door opened, obviously he was wrong because he saw the young-prince entering followed by a red-headed man who got a fierce aura about him, next to that male elf is a beautiful and voluptuous female elf who might seem harmless like a next-door big sister yet... from her the great-sage could sense danger no less than the stern-looking man!

Milo'nor frowned when he heard the way this human kid greeted him in a lackluster way before stuffing his face with food and ignoring them. "Is it me just or... did this fellow just grow a lot taller since we met about a week ago?"

The blood-elf nodded. "He really does seems like it, estimating it compared to the natural process of growth within the barbarian-race... this boy looks about a year older."

The shadow-elf smiled so sweetly and said : "He's a lot more handsome as well as being much more manly, he's becoming one dangerous combination that one." Noticing the signs of jealousy and hostility from Ode'gar, Orime'sac continued to say : "But I wouldn't care about all that... I have you to warm my heart in the cold nights." Then held onto his arm tightly.

Lin blushed slightly when he was teased by that shapely woman, when she began to flirt with her man the boy almost choked on his food and began to lightly cough to clear his throat before drinking a glass of water while thinking to himself : 'She's got that one completely under her control... I see.'

Milo'nor : "You never told me your name, barbarian." The young-prince was obviously trying to establish some social ranks between them where he holds a superior position.

Lin frowned. "Don't ask questions you already know their answers and... you're spoiling my mood, if you're here to be a child then go play somewhere else."

"Bfft..." The shadow-elf hid her face in the arm of her lover to muffle her laughter and the blood-elf was also struggling to hold back signs of being amused by that answer in front the young-prince.

"I dare you to say it again, don't forget that you're badly injured... I can take you with one hand." The blonde teenager glared at the boy with a pair of intimidating eyes.

"Once again, you're ruining the taste of my meal. Next time you do such a thing, I wouldn't be so... nice." The great-sage wiped his mouth in a napkin and looked at the young elf calmly... seemingly waiting for another provocative-gesture which would justify his following actions.

Milo'nor : "That's my line, you and I have unfinished business... did you forget our spar-"

Ode'gar suddenly put his hand on the young-prince's shoulder and sternly said : "That's enough! Your highness."

"Mind your own business Ode'gar! Can't you see how cocky this barbari-" The blonde teenager tried to wiggle free from the blood-elf's grip.

Orime'sac hugged the young-prince and used her chest to press his face which muffled the rest of his provocative words while saying : "Now, now young-prince. This one is our guest, the holy-envoy is treating him as such and sister Odla is doing the same."

The blood-elf turned towards the human kid and cupped his fist to express his apology and received a careless shrug in return.

Lin shook his head and continued to empty the plates in front of him and retrieve more from his space-ring.

'Thankfully I wear my two space-rings on the left-hand, I bet that ancient-looking rune would've destroyed them. No, according to how senior Kai called it... its name is decree. What a frighteningly destructive thing that was!' Afterwards the boy shook his head to dismiss these thoughts and delved into others, 'I wonder if I could use some of the spirit-pills and medicinal-concoctions that senior-disciple sister Mingxia prepared for me, now... who should I consult on this? I bet senior Kai would ignore me if I asked. Sigh... he might even get angry and scold me if I did.'

After a while the boy decided to ask the green-haired elf when she returns.

*****

Orime'sac : "Y-you stupid brat!"

Milo'nor : "Aw... Ouch! Stop it, you'll crack my head open."

The shadow-elf smiled like a devil and said : "Good. Because I want to see if you even have a brain at all, just what were you thinking back then?"

"I-I don't know... he provoked me alright!" The young-prince covered his head and attempted to escape but the blood-elf held him steady so that his beloved could deliver accurate shots.

Ode'gar : "Humph. How did he do that exactly? Me and Orime were there to see it all." The red-headed man shook his head while feeling disappointed.

Milo'nor : "Didn't you see how haughty he was acting?" The blonde teenager looked at them while feeling like these two lovebirds are completely blind whenever they're not looking at one another!

Orime'sac : "The only thing we saw back there was you being cowardly and trying to take advantage of a wounded opponent because you already know that you wouldn't be able to win otherwise."

The blood-elf nodded and let go of the prince.

*Snort...*

*****

Odla'nor : "These guys are being to loud, we can hear everything. So can he." The wood-elf smiled deprecatingly while not knowing how to face the human kid after such a huge loss of face.

Melanor : "It seems like little-Milo was about to cause trouble for the boy, Orime and Ode stopped him from embarrassing himself." The princess seemed nonchalant about the whole thing as if she expected it to happen.

The green-haired woman asked in a hushed tone of voice : "Should we give him some space for a while and return when it's time for his next treatment-session?"

The fairy-like blonde woman rolled her eyes after seeing this timid behavior from her sister and said : "No! We're going inside, we're going to do everything just like how I told you." Then pulled the hesitant wood-elf behind her by the hand and went inside after ignoring her little brother.

*****

Lin : "Hey big sister."

Seeing the human kid smile sweetly towards her, Odla'nor felt a lot lighter and calmer and said : "Hey little brother, are you feeling better?"

The boy nodded. "Much better, much better. Say... did you bring me my salad?" Then he tilted his head backward and dropped a thick piece of steak into his mouth after asking that, he was looking directly at the green-haired elf and the other blonde elf through the corner of his eye.

The wood-elf immediately took a step forward and began to pull at her sleeves while saying : "Little rascal. Do you want to die that much?" She glared at him with a pair of green-eyes that shined brighter than both emerald and agate!

Mela'nor : "Hahaha... go for it big sister!" The fairy-like princess was more than happy to fan the flames in that situation.

2