Chapter 49 : Heartfelt
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling threatened by the green-haired woman after learning from experience about how short-fuse her temper is, the great-sage decided to take a step back because he doesn't really risk her doing anything else to aggravate his wounds.

"No, no, no... I was just kidding. I'm kidding! You're so beautiful girl, smoothen that frown a bit and let me see a smile on that face of yours."

*Snort...*

Lin smiled helplessly when Odla squinted her eyes and looked at him suspiciously and shook his head when she refused to loosen-up, but he was grateful that she didn't toss things at him like she did before.

Despite him trying to but things back in order, there's still traces of broken stuff left untouched around them.

The table which he's having a meal is even missing a leg after that wood-elf flipped it earlier!

Lin : "Big sister. Don't you worry, once I finish my meal... I'll help you clean your house."

Odla : "Humph. Who's the one to blame for all the mess? I wonder," After a short pause where she looked around and sighed, "Are you some kind of starved beast? For how long are you going to keep eating?"

"I'm almost out of food anyway so... soon." The boy shrugged and gathered the morsels on the plates in a single hand, pressed them together under his left-hand and squeezed all that food within his fist then tossed the ball into his mouth. "I'm done... for now."

Then he got up after wiping his hand and went towards one of the corners where a few drawers from a cupboard were tossed, clearly intent on helping get things back in order.

Seeing the great-sage limping on his right-leg which barely have some weak and malnourished-muscles and no skin at all, the sight of him dragging it behind him with difficulty because he can't bend the right-knee yet... pulled at the soft strings of the green-haired woman's heart.

"What do you think you're doing?" She snapped.

The princess covered her ears and thought to herself : 'Big sister... please don't shout.'

Lin : "Uh... I'm just trying to help, no need to shout at me. And please don't be angry." The boy immediately raised his only hand to surrender and slowly turned to look at the green-eyed woman, on his face was a friendly and harmless smile.

Odla'nor : "You're supposed to rest! Go back to bed." Again the wood-elf shouted at him in a commanding tone of voice that wouldn't allow any disobedience.

The great-sage warily took a step back when the green-haired elf kept shouting despite this supposedly being a normal conversation and said : "This whole thing shouldn't take too long for me to fix, at least give me a chance to make it all right... I promise to take care not to do anything extreme that might harm myself."

"Aren't you already doing something extreme when you move in that condition! Don't you feel pain? Your leg is yet to heal completely and I still need to help you reconstruct that right-arm." The woof-elf shook her head as if refusing to let him do anything and continued to say : "Just what can you do with one hand? Listen to big sister and go back." He voice softened a lot in the end which surprised Mela who's standing next to her.

The princess lowered her hands which were covering her ears earlier while thinking to herself : 'This human kid was really able to calm sister Odla just like that? That's... really unbelievable!' Mela stared at Lin as if he's some kind of genius.

Lin : "But... it's going to be so boring and lonely." Finally he revealed the last of his cards while making a funny face.

Odla'nor : "Don't worry about it and just go to bed, I'll take care of it and come join you in a bit." The green-haired woman turned towards the princess and continued to say : "Sister Mela. You keep him busy until I finish fixing the place, he'll probably fall asleep once his head hits the bed after eating that much anyway. So... don't worry about a thing and just go."

When the fairy-like blonde tried to protest, she was prevented by her own fear from saying anything when her sister held her by the shoulders and smiled such a cold and emotionless smile while squinting her green-eyes as if to say : 'My patience is limited as you know it, so... be a good lassie and take the brat from my sight before I burn this whole place down. Mkay!'

Mela kept nodding to seemingly show her understanding and agreement while thinking : 'Big sister Odla is scary, big sister Odla is scary, big sister...' She kept repeating it in her head as if it's some kind of mantra.

The boy sighed when he noticed the pair of green-eyes pointed at him seemingly threatening to penetrate holes through him if he dares to show any more signs of willfulness, he drooped his shoulders and dragged his right-leg behind him and limped away towards the room in silence.

The beautiful princess puckered her lips and followed after the human kid after giving her sister the stink eye.

The wood-elf smiled to herself and took a few seconds to enjoy these feelings of triumph then busied herself around the house.

*****

Lin : "Man... that's one hell of a strong-minded woman! I don't know for how long you two have been sisters but, I really do feel sorry for you." The boy jumped on the bed before saying these words to the startling beauty.

Mela'nor : "Sister Odla is kind and caring." Then she thought to herself : 'And scary.' Before continuing to say : "Don't you already know that it's bad to talk about people behind their back?"

"I do, of course I do! But that's when you talk bad." The boy didn't show any sign of minding the defensive-stance this blonde-woman assumed since the topic is her close friend.

"Humph. Then why exactly would you feel sorry for me?" The princess crossed her hands then took her seat and waited for the human kid to explain himself, her body language further demonstrated her attitude.

The great-sage was enjoying the different sides to the beauty of this female elf and was comparing her unique charm with the ones he already met before like Hongtian, Mia, Bo An, his own mother, Lady Bai, his senior-disciple sister Mingxia and many more.

He leaned on his left side and rested his head on his hand before saying : "I understand that it's natural to misunderstand my words for being violative or slightly diminishing towards big sister Odla's kind and caring personality, believe me in know... especially when they come from a complete stranger like myself." After a short pause which he intentionally waited to allow his words to be absorbed fully, "But, it's mostly complete strangers and bystanders who truly see the full picture... don't you think so?"

The startling beauty thought to herself : 'It really does make sense, but what is he getting at? What's his point? What does that has got to do with sister Odla being strong-minded.'

Lin moved his fingers and began to massage hid head lazily while saying : "Let's look at strong-minded people from a subjective-prospective, they're mostly one of either two types of people. The intuitive-type and the calculative-type, big sister Odla... she belongs to the intuitive-type. At least that's what I believe, am I wrong?"

Mela'nor : "No." She uttered that answer without hesitation.

The boy nodded. "The reason why I think strong-minded individuals are difficult is because their belief is usually so firm, it's extremely hard to prevent them from taking extreme measures and they get so focused in proving their point... without caring to explain the why and how before doing their thing." After a short pause he continued to say : "With the intuitive-type it becomes a little bit difficult in either getting them to explain their reasons or getting them to give matters a second thought, make no mistake we're all vulnerable at some points of our lives and nobody is perfect."

The princess seemed slightly convinced but not too convinced judging by slight frown on her expression.

The great-sage resumed his explanation after a few second. "What makes us truly perfect, is when we surround ourselves by the sort of people who perfectly fit when covering our own weaknesses. I'm telling you to first understand that big sister Odla is strong-headed and what sort of way her mind works, by knowing her well... you'll be able to really help her make a second thought in-case she's wrong about something and might do something extreme that might do herself harm."

The blonde-elf gawked and looked at the boy while thinking to herself : 'Mother was spot-on when she said that this boy is dangerous, he dissected big sister Odla and opened my eye with a few words just like that!'

Lin turned on his back and said : "Anyway. The only reason I said what I said is because I felt like she's lonely, earlier on when she was giving me a beating I felt like... her heart is empty. It made me really sad, I couldn't get angry at her... even when it really, really hurt." Afterwards he kept staring at the ceiling in silence.

*Sigh...*

Mela'nor : "It's because big sister Odla is a lonely child, her parents were heroes that didn't hesitate to give their lives away to help the holy-envoy recover some precious vitality." After a short pause the princess continued to say : "Unfortunately among all the elven families, wood-elves have always been the clan with the least members." The startling beauty was gnashing her teeth from anger at her own helplessness.

The boy practically jumped from his bed when he heard the final words and shouted while feeling great excitement. "She's a wood-elf?"

The princess raised an eyebrow and said : "You didn't know?" Seeing the human kid shake his head, "We elves are mostly characterized by the color of our hair, sun-elves have blonde hair, moon-elves have silver hair, blood-elves have red hair, shadow-elves have black hair, and wood-elves have green hair."

The great-sage nodded and said while rubbing his chin : "I see... so you're a sun-elf then."

The blonde-elf smiled like a minx and slyly said while feeling amused by the boy's curiosity : "No I'm not, I belong to another family-branch that goes way back in history... way before the legendary-era!"

Lin : "Legendary-era. This sounds like the exciting and juicy stuff, it has this nice ring to it. Go on... tell me more." The boy immediately retrieved a plate of sweets and threw some of them into his mouth before offering some to this startling beauty.

Mela'nor : "Mmm! This is really good." The pair of perfectly balanced eyes on this princess were practically lit by the surprise and she closed them while showing a blissfully-sweet expression on her face once she took a piece into her mouth.

The boy immediately comforted the elven woman and said : "Don't be shy, there's a lot more for us to enjoy... just educate this junior about the history of your great elven ancestors. Let me tell you this, with all my heart... I really admire your unique sense of harmonizing with the surrounding nature! I was practically shocked through the roof when I saw the structures you people could create within and on trees, my people could also build but... they tend to destroy before being able to do anything. You on the other hand, you keep the original untouched which is fascinating by all means." His left-hand kept retrieving complimentary and simple dishes which he left closer to the beauty.

The princess felt like it would be a loss of face if she didn't give anything after trying these pleasurable treats. "I belong to the family-branch of high-elves, the reason why we're different from the family-branch of sun-elves is because our inherited elder-blood remains somewhat intact and is undiluted through the ages. You see, there was nine different families once with the highest concentration of elder-blood. It's said that elder-blood was a gift bestowed upon us by the ancestral-tree herself..." Mela talked and ate and Lin listened closely without interrupting her history lesson, the mood was so relaxed that she didn't even notice that her sister has long finished cleaning the house.

Odla stood behind her sister and leaned on the wall and listened to her tell the story which they all loved to hear as little children before going to bed, sometimes she'd steal glances at the human kid and smile widely whenever she sees his pair of golden eyes shine brightly with excitement when the story reaches points where vivid details about battles, or monumental-achievements where legendary elven heroes and heroines fought evil or created miracles.

2