New Home
252 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day after Yuuki stayed up all night studying the Dark Grimoire 4 Noobs, Hana and he had gotten onto a flight to Korea. After arriving at Seoul's airport, Yuuki and Hana got to a mediocre-sized apartment and walked into their new home.

Brushing up on their Korean beforehand, they did not suffer too much on their way over and spoke slightly fluently after learning multiple years ago. Of course, they forgot some basic principles of Korean which they had to revise but other than that, their furniture arrived a while later.

Deciding upon where everything would go before placing the furniture down, Yuuki was quite satisfied as he sat down on the couch and sighed.

Dark-orange coated the once blue sky as night fell onto the city and the buildings glowed with lights and skyscrapers looked like literal lighthouses. Neon lights here and there added some colors to the mix to paint a beautiful view of Seoul.

Luckily, their apartment was high enough for them to enjoy this view. "It's beautiful, isn't it? Our new home?" Yuuki turned to Hana who spoke.

He nodded before turning back to the view and gesturing Hana to sit beside him.

"How are you feeling about leaving Japan?" Hana inquired with a curious expression as she had little attachment to the country, moving was fine by her and even more so because she was going with Yuuki.

"Well, to be honest, it feels a little weird. I knew it better than you, I had some people I knew. But here? Here I know nobody and have no friends and the streets are completely different from the ones I was used to. However, that's fine because I have you here with me and that is what matters the most." Placing his hand on her shoulder, he stood up and stretched before walking towards his room, "it's getting pretty late, I need to research some things."

Still sat on the couch, Hana looked in his direction. She hugged her legs to her chest whilst a gentle crimson hue touched the surface of her skin and extended towards her ears too.

---

Groggily stepping out of his door, Yuuki looked at the clock that read 9 PM and was surprised by how time seemed to flow extremely slower when he was researching the first page of the Dark Grimoire 4 Noobs, he thought the name was a lie but did not realize his insane talent of almost understanding the entire first page in one go.

Stepping towards the fridge and opening it habitually, he saw the bright light reflect into his eyes and closed them as he hissed like a cat that was having a bath. Also closing the fridge after realizing they were in a new home so they also had no food as they had gone to a stall and eaten there rather than Yuuki making something like he usually did.

His memories were a mess at the moment so when he was meant to walk into his room, Hana's door that was next to his was opened instead.

Yawning, he entered casually. "Hana? Why are you in my room?" As he opened his almost closed eyes, he witnessed Hana getting changed right before him. Currently, she was frozen on the spot and stared at him with her mouth open. Looking at her, his eyes unintentionally looked down before quickly flashing back up again.

Nonchalantly walking out, Yuuki entered his room before his nonchalant expression was twisted and became extremely crooked as an anxious expression took its place. "Why did I...?" Not leaving the situation the way it was, Yuuki walked to her door and knocked on it before he spoke.

"Sorry about that, I was half-asleep and did not know what I was doing and entered your room by mistake. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." Yawning again before he entered his room and fell onto his bed, he tried to sleep yet the sight he saw replayed in his mind, her glistening skin which was still wet from her shower.

Attempting to rid himself of these thoughts by reminding himself that they were family, Hana's words from the day before entered his mind as she spoke of them not being blood-related which caused the thought to float around in his head and the scene replayed again in his mind. Going back even further, he remembered when he had to massage every inch of her body with Mana to wake her up from her almost indefinitely long coma.

In the end, Yuuki decided to distract himself with the first page of the Grimoire and again devoted himself entirely to the study of Darkness Mana. The first page contrived of knowledge based on the basics of Darkness Mana usage. Some of these being the precise distribution of Mana across the skin to absorb spells. Like a microscopic layer of Darkness Mana which acted as a shield.

Standing up, Yuuki almost managed to do this when he realized that there was still one circuit which he left out and after it flowed through there; he felt a strangeness as the temperature became constant, neither increasing or decreasing; air it stopped flowing towards him and caused him to be chilly as the shield seemed to block it; not only was the spell a Magic Shield, it was a perfect body regulation technique that provided optimal conditions.

Until now, he had now managed to do it and the problem with the first page was that there were thousands upon thousands of Mana Circuits in which Mana was required to flow through in a certain way to cast a spell. The shield required almost all of these circuits to have Mana flow through which was why Yuuki was spending the entire night trying to memorize their locations.

Upon completion, Yuuki attempted to take a look at the second page.

Minutes later, Yuuki constructed something which looked like a broken arrow. Every time he tried to mend it, one side would be messed up. When he fixed the wobbly arrowhead, the fletching which was the feathered part was messed up. Not looking like an arrow at all, Yuuki attempted both with Ice-Mana and did the two basic spells easily. Though it seemed Ice blocked physical attacks whilst the Darkness could block Magic.

Thinking this way, Yuuki only decided to further his understanding of Darkness Mana as he found it was almost like he had a built-in affinity with it. Ice-Mana was easier for him to use for now due to the time when 'he' first created that snowflake which was now named Frost Field, and due to his +1 Ice Affinity from the [ Frozen Gauntlet ] he had equipped.

Gradually tiring himself out, Yuuki fully distracted himself from his thoughts and he lied down to sleep.

---

Waking up, Yuuki fumbled around in bed for a minute or two before coming to the understanding that he was awake now. As he got up, his Daily Quest appeared and he first did the exercises which could be done in his room before he saw the rising sun and decided to go out and enjoy his run whilst exploring the city.

As he wore his shorts and t-shirt, he walked past Hana's room and unintentionally thought of last night again. He slapped his face to rid himself of the strange thoughts, Yuuki put his shoes on and left and decided to also go shopping and get some food so he could cook.

When he ran through the park about to complete his 10km run, he saw a guy who he felt had a strange presence running also.

Coincidentally, they finished running at the same time, and at the same time that Yuuki was collecting his rewards and stood still, the man also did the same.

Taking another look at the man and raising an eyebrow, the man did the same for him.

"Hi, I don't think I've met you yet. My name is Sun Jin-Woo, what's yours?"

"Yuuki Satoshi." Casually, he shook hands with Sun Jin-Woo.

"So you are from Japan? Your Korean sounds good. It was strange seeing you because I would remember someone as exotic looking as you so I thought you were new here."

"Yeah, my mother was from here and she taught me and my younger sister. We just moved recently so this morning after doing my routine exercises, I went for a run to explore the city."

"Oh, you came with your entire family?" After he said this, Jin-Woo knew he struck a soft spot by accident.

"No, my Mom and Dad died in a Red-Gate years ago..."

"I am so sorry. I know how you feel, my Dad, he also went into a Gate and never came back."

{You sure he wasn't getting milk?}

Yuuki's face remained the same yet inside he almost broke out laughing and instantly felt really bad. Smiling rather than frowning, Yuuki replied.

"Well, fate made us meet here at this spot. It was nice meeting you Jin-Woo."

"You too. If you want to know some good places to go for food sometimes, I can send them to you. You see, I have a younger sister too and after my father died and my mother fell ill I have to take care of her. I know how much of a pain younger sisters can so give me your number and I can send you the places later."

Nodding his head, Yuuki handed his phone to Jin-Woo who entered his number into his contacts and then called his own phone with Yuuki's to get his number.

"Alright, see ya!" Waving as he departed, Jin-Woo gave Yuuki goosebumps as he recalled the one time a guy fondled his balls.

'Is he gay?'

{You should be wondering whether he is a Human or not...}

10