10 Hunters for a C-Rank Gate
242 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Groaning as he covered his eyes from the bright light above him, Yuuki who had passed out onto Hana woke up feeling his head resting on something soft. Moving his head on the softness instinctively, Yuuki made Hana yelp slightly before he got up abruptly.

"You're awake now..." Blushing slightly as she looked him in the eye, Hana's gentle voice sounded in his ears.

"Oh- uh sorry about that... How long was I...?"

"Uhhm...about ten minutes, give or take."

"You don't seem very worried..." Yuuki pointed out her calmness.

"Why should I be? I checked to make sure you were okay and once you were I just let you rest on... my...lap..." She was very quiet towards the end which caused Yuuki to barely hear her.

"Thank you, are you hungry?"

---

"Apart from using the Coliseum, I have no other way of getting stronger. Also, why is it that I need to be in a guild to fight a Gate. Maybe if I tame 8 more Magic Beasts then I could fill out the requirement of 10 Hunters for C-Rank Gates. I'm sure that my ability is without a doubt very useful.

However, the problem that remained was that the source for the Tamed Beasts was going to be complicated. When he entered the Coliseum before and attempted to tame one of the canines, he was met with feral growls and bites, being rushed at by multiple canines was not very fun after he aggravated them and they went berserk.

(A/N:- After re-reading the Solo-Levelling Manhua, I have decided that Yuuki's stats determine his strength. I saw that Sun Jin-Woo had stats of 65+ and was considered a C-Rank so we will say that Yuuki was said to possess the power of a C-Rank from the borrowed power of the Leviathan Dagger's broken abilities. We will soon experience a minor time-skip also to allow me to fix some things that, well, need fixing... also Yuuki met Jin-Woo the day after his Job Change to Shadow Lord.)

---

Inside of the Korean Hunters Association, the head of the Monitoring Department sat in his chair. Covering his head was orange hair that was slicked back.

He puffed a cigarette and exhaled a smoke cloud before looking back at the paper before him. As the head of the Monitoring Department, his job was to deal with Hunters rather than the Monster side of things. This did not mean he was weak. Woo Jin-Chul was an A-Ranker, but that's not all, his true strength barely lies beneath the power of S-Rankers who were considered calamities on their own.

"Yuuki Satoshi...got out of an A-Rank Red Gate by himself? Then he also survived a trapped dungeon where he was the only survivor? This is not possible, he is only an E-Ranker after all. The only possible thing is that he has re-awakened. Two possible, one re-awakened by the name of Sun Jin-Woo and now this guy... what is going on? I'll visit him later."

---

Yuuki now knew where his strength lied. With the Leviathan Dagger, A-Ranks were easy. Without it, he was easy for B-Ranks to slay. Seeing his negligence towards his stat points, Yuuki mentally slapped himself before adding 10 to Perception which caused it to reach 30 and realized that his Strength, Vitality, and Agility all increased by 1 point after he left the Coliseum.

Whenever Yuuki added 1 stat point, a minor change would occur. Adding ten to perception caused his ears to ring and his eyes to begin stinging in pain. Once the brief change finished, Yuuki's vision became better and he found a weird substance everywhere around him.

{You can sense Mana now, right? Well, it's not like you were unable to sense it previously, rather your senses were so weak that Mana was invisible to you. How does it feel?}

"I can feel it flowing everywhere...this is too weird... wait, what if I..." Not finishing his sentence, Yuuki created a perfect Darkness Arrow instantly. "Oh, so this is the true benefit of increased Perception!" All of the previous instabilities were not caused by his lack of control over Mana as he could easily control it with his 100 Intelligence. Instead, a lack of understanding of what went on with the Mana was what caused his multiple failures.

Immediately putting the other points straight into the most important stat for an Assassin- Agility, Yuuki felt his skin and muscles twitch which caused an itching sensation to spread through his body. From 31 to 69 (nice), the increase was not negligible. [ Slaughtering Steps ] passively increased his speed by 30% at all times which means that after the new upgrade in stats, his speed was equivalent to 89 Agility and after entering a battle, that would increase by a further 50% which meant his speed during battle was now the same as 133 Agility!

This alone was already a substantial upgrade in Yuuki's power and would allow him to last maybe until the C-Rank wave. He might not be able to defeat it due to his low strength however his Mana made up for it but his lack of experience with spell casting was similarly a weakness.

Not getting complacent, Yuuki knew that this was but a small step to the future. Taking into account both that the Leviathan Dagger was a top-notch weapon unbefitting the natural order of the weapons in this world, and that the System said 'Multiverse' at a previous time, Yuuki knew this world was not his resting place. Underestimating himself slightly, Yuuki could not even begin to imagine what kind of terrors lay beyond this world that was his home.

{Are you scared?}

"No, in fact, I look forward to the future. If I was scared of something I've never seen before how would I become the most powerful? Just like when I had to kill those guys, I think I would do it again right away if I had to. I think that in the future, I will not hesitate to kill someone who is a danger."

---

The next day, Yuuki had just finished his Daily Quest and accepted the 3 stat points he gained. After each level up, Yuuki would receive 6 Stat points, following the way the System determined his level, Yuuki was now level 25 and gained 36 free stat points which along with his daily quest gave him 39 spare points which he splurged into Strength after he dived into his room and caused him to almost roar in pain again. Strength and Intelligence seemed to be the most deadly stat points to add recklessly so Yuuki.

Entering the Coliseum, Yuuki noticed a strange thing that happened after he beat the D-Rank wave.

[ Level Up ]

It had only happened this once the entire time he had been here and the System was inaccessible during this time so he had to wait until he exited the Coliseum.

Once he opened his < Status Page > after losing to the C-Rank wave, Yuuki saw what it was.

< Status Page >

Job: None

Title: None

Level: 26 (75%)

{You can now level up truly, rather than your level representing your strength, it now represents just your level. Slowly, your level will increase after you kill lots of Magical Beasts, the 6 free stat points gained by a level up will be reduced to 5 but each stat will now gain +1 upon level up.}

"It seems that I can get strong much easier now." Yuuki understood that this leveling part now made it easier to gain strength as stat points became more available.

11