Visitor
211 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4 days had passed since Yuuki had unlocked the True Levelling part of the System, he had gone up by 8 levels and his stats had increased quite a bit with his Perception reaching and his Vitality reaching 77. These upgrades increased his durability and whilst he was unable to defeat the B-Rank, yesterday he had defeated the C-Rank which gave him his first Skill Point ever. Not allocating it yet as he was still thinking of what to upgrade, today Yuuki exited with 15 more stat points and his second Skill Point as he defeated the C-Rank wave with some difficulty.

It had to be known that the Beasts were stronger than their Gate counterparts, a C-Rank in the Coliseum could dominate a B-Rank Beast in a Gate. Yuuki's power was somewhere above B-Rank as he was able to defeat the C-Rank wave but when he arrived at the B-Rank wave, instant annihilation followed. His speed was his overwhelming advantage over the Beasts as he blitzed through them like lightning.

Dreaming of learning Lightning Magic or Light Magic, Yuuki sighed as he had no idea as to how he would be able to do that other than a Skill. (Totally not foreshadowing)

*Knock* *Knock*

He heard the knocks and instead sensed that there was a single person behind the door. A man stood in a black suit and tie with his orange slicked back hair glinting under the light outside of their apartment. Hana was studying in her room so he opened the door to know why this A-Ranker stood outside his door.

Raven and Chad were resting themselves on the couch and Yuuki did not call them into the Beast Dimension as they were peacefully mapping.

Opening the door, his dark crimson eyes met the gaze of the orange-haired man who introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you Yuuki Satoshi, I am Woo Jin-Chul of the Korean Hunter's association. Can I come in?"

Nodding and moving out of the way, Yuuki closed the door and sat Woo Jin-Chul at the table. Getting the man some coffee, Yuuki and the man began to converse.

"Anyway, enough of the pleasantries. Recently, you moved to Korea because of fear for Japan's Hunters Association right?"

"Close enough...why does this matter?"

"Could you do something for me? Touch this and it will measure your Mana." Putting forward a small device, Yuuki extended his hand slowly and he touched it.

-1

*Ahem* "It must be just a malfunction. Try again!"

-69

"Again please." After hitting the device against his palm and placing it back down, Woo Jin-Chul showed no embarrassment as he gesture to try again.

-420

"...." Speechless, Woo Jin-Chul knew that something else was at hand here. The device suggested that Yuuki was draining Mana rather than emitting Mana. Jin-Chul trusted his honed instincts as they had saved him multiple times before. Yuuki's innocent face showed no deception and he could not see through it.

"...Would you mind telling me how you survived the two incidents such as the Red Gate and the Trapped Dungeon?"

Nodding his head, Yuuki tilted his head as though trying to remember something he had forgotten.

"Luck."

Waiting for him to continue, Jin-Chul did not speak as he thought he would be interrupted. After a few awkward moments of silence, he realized that was all he had to say about it.

"That's it? Luck? Nothing else?" Wearing a perplexed expression on his face, Jin-Chul laughed bitterly.

"Yeah, pure luck. In the Red Gate, the Boss fell into this massive ravine and died, I saw it die as it was chasing me. In the Trapped Gate, the Beasts ate each other alive. I know it seems strange, but the trap was like a massive Gu that originates from China."

"It seems so. But why were you so wounded after exiting the Red Gate? Surely as an E-Rank, the Beasts there should've decimated you, they're at least B-Ranks in a Red Gate, did something happen?"

"Ah... there was a pack of wolves and they played with me like I was a toy. That's why I was so injured. Oh, and the terrain was a tundra so that is why my foot was frozen. Is that all Mr. Woo Jin-Chul?"

"...Yes. See you later Hunter Satoshi." As he said this, Jin-Chul finally took notice of Raven and Chad on the couch.

Chad had a frosty aura that chilled him slightly whilst Raven's aura was tinged with a slight allure that caused his sight to linger on her for long.

'These pets are not so simple, are they?' Not saying that but keeping it to himself, Jin-Chul walked out of the door after Yuuki opened it and after a slight bow left.

"He must think that I'm a reawakened Hunter. There exist many S-Rank Hunters globally and even National-Level Hunters. I can't keep Hana safe if they want to do anything."

---

Opening the Dark Grimoire 4 Noobs, Yuuki went to the third page and it seemed that the simplest spells now grew more complicated.

Casting the spell instantly however, Yuuki's vision suddenly went black and he could hear nothing, see nothing, smell nothing, or anything.

Darkness surrounded him and it felt like he was in the middle of nowhere. Not being able to see the movements of his hand, Yuuki understood that this spell cut off his senses from the surroundings by creating a Darkness wrap around a target's body. Yuuki was the only one that the spell could affect so when it did trigger he was the one that was hit by it even when it was his magic.

Previously, the second page did not cause many difficulties for him and it took a while of trial and error before he managed to successfully cast the second spell from the Grimoire.

After an attempt to cast [ Frost Field ] using Darkness Mana, Yuuki resulted in causing a wave of force that spread outwards when he tested it inside of the Coliseum. Naturally, Yuuki attempted to cast a Darkness Barrier and a Frost Barrier simultaneously but when he was about to succeed, he failed.

Getting a better grasp over Darkness after meditating with it coursing through his body, Yuuki tried again after successfully casting the spell that blocked his senses.

The reason why he wanted to cast both simultaneously was because the Darkness Mana barrier would block Magic attacks and absorb them while a Frost Mana barrier would cause him to be able to ignore physical attacks to a certain level. Now, he did understand that it did not matter whether he had a barrier or not, as to how strong the attack was, that did not also matter. With his superior speed, he could just dodge attacks. But what would he do when he had an opponent who was faster than him? Or if his opponent was stronger in every way? What then?

This thinking was what led to the idea of using both Barriers simultaneously.

10