Shock
101 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"An awakener who can increase the power of other awakeners?" Yuuki's eyes widened at the statement momentarily before he realized that from the variety of powers all over the world belonging to Hunters, there was bound to be some uniqueness.

Smiling at how his words caught Yuuki's curiosity he smiled. "Yes, our deputy director also wanted to meet you. I have a car nearby if you-"

"Let's go then." Cutting Adam off, Yuuki followed him to his car and after a short ride, they arrived at a grand hotel.

Eventually getting in the elevator and gesturing Adam to press the button for the floor, they went right up.

When the doors opened, a man with blonde hair stood in a suit. "Nice to meet you, I am Deputy Director, Michael Connor."

Shaking hands with Yuuki he smiled. "I'm Yuuki Satoshi, but you already know this don't you?"

After being led to an area with two couches parallel to each other, Yuuki sat down on one couch and Adam also sat on that couch whilst Michael sat opposite Yuuki. Men who seemed like bodyguards stood around the room in black suits with their hands behind their backs.

"I'll be straightforward, Hunter Yuuki. These are the papers for immigration to America." Pushing forward a pamphlet on the small table between the two couches, Michael spoke with a confident tone. "You see, these usually take two to three years to take care of. However, for Hunter Yuuki things are different.

"One second... Say the word and instantly." Clicking his fingers for dramatic effect, Michael's green eyes glimmered. "You can become an American citizen."

Not looking one bit as excited as Michael nor Adam were, Yuuki instead frowned. ".... Did you think I came here for paper? Where's the information Adam was talking about? Did it never exist in the first place? Increasing one's ability? Is that even possible?"

Chuckling lightly as he expected the reason for Yuuki's rejection, Michael wore a slight smirk that was visible to Yuuki.

"That person is here right now." Not turning his head to face the bodyguards, he spoke. "Escort Mrs. Selner to the room."

A black woman walked into the room wearing beige colored clothing, a hat on her head was removed as she sat down opposite Yuuki as, by this time, Michael was stood up.

"The only person who can increase the ability of Awakeners. This is Mrs. Norma Selner. Mrs. Selner, please explain your ability to Hunter Yuuki."

Nodding her head, she spoke in a gentle and soothing tone.

"I understand that look in your eyes, you can't believe it right? Not one of the people who were told first believed it either. But... once you experience it, you'll have no option but to cling to it.

"You know all about how Awakeners have a limit. No one can exceed it. So unless you experience a Re-awakening, your rank will never increase. That's basic knowledge for Hunters."

Cutting into the cake before her with a fork, she heard Yuuki speak for the first time. His voice was as much delight as the slice of the cake.

"So, you can help Awakeners surpass these limits?"

Admiring his face for a moment, she answered him. "Yes. I help them by going through three stages. But I'm not certain whether I should call it forceful Re-Awakening or raising their potential."

Michael spoke with the everlasting smile on his face. "What she says is true. But once she uses her power, there is a need for Mrs. Selner to rest for a long time... So only a few Awakeners can be chosen each year to receive the benefits.

'I'm one of the few people? Moreover, if it's true... then it's an amazing ability.'

"...Then, how efficient is it?"

"Depends on the person. Once they finish the third stage they can feel at least 20% stronger. Maybe, even 30%."

'Now I understand. No wonder so many Hunters went to America including Hwang Dong-Su even with all of the criticism. This is an offer that all Hunters would grasp for.'

"What if someone leaks this information...?" Raising an eyebrow as he inquired, he received an answer from Michael.

"That's why Mrs. Selner is with us. We take responsibility for her safety and pay her a reasonable amount of money so Mrs. Selner helps us with the Hunters we select to reach a higher level. This is our gift, Mrs. Selner's ability."

'This is sounding less like a gift and more like a deal the longer I listen to this man' Thinking so as he imagined Michael being a car salesman slapping the roof of a car and proposing a deal, Yuuki stayed silent. 'How many times has he done this?'

"If you become a Hunter of the United States, we promise that you will be the first to earn the benefits. Also, to create a deal with the best benefits, we can arrange with a guild of your choice. There's no need to rush. We came to help you open up the first 'button' for today."

"It's a gift." Mrs. Selner said.

"Exactly. Do you agree with unlocking your potential?"

"Without a cost?" Now Yuuki felt he was about to be scammed.

"Just consider this a service, Hunter Yuuki."

Finally giving in, Yuuki extended one hand which was held over Mrs. Selner's hands.

"The first step, look into my eyes, closely."

Michael was about to grin widely but kept it as a smirk.

'Good! He fell for it! Once this is over surely Hunter Yuuki will ask for us again. He was maintaining his cool but he won't be able to keep up this facade before Mrs. Selner's ability. If he's impatient he will sign the contract right away.

'The Jeju Island Raid which Goto Ryuji, the man aiming for National Level failed to clear was instantly wiped out by one Hunter using an extreme display of power. I can only wonder where his limit lies!'

5