Unworldly Presence
101 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mrs. Selner of 46 years of age encountered an event that had never happened before.

Previously she was looking right into his dark crimson eyes and had no recollection of when it happened. Darkness surrounded her and it felt like she was not in her body.

A Figure stood before her but the features of the figure were indiscernible even if the distance between them was what seemed to be millimeters. Suddenly, the figure towered over her as it grew instantaneously. A pressure appeared and it felt like the harbinger of death held her scythe over her neck.

Exiting that place, Mrs. Selner screamed as loud as possible and fainted. It seemed the pressure was causing her to be unable to move.

For some reason, the guards assigned to her pointed their guns at Yuuki.

"Are you retards?! What has he done?! Check on Mrs. Selner now! Why would you point your guns at this man? Do you even know who he is?!"

They did put their weapons away after hearing the Deputy Director and supported the shivering Mrs. Selner whose complexion had become so pale that she did look quite pitiful.

"Hunter Yuuki, I apologize greatly!" About to bow, Michael was stopped by Yuuki waving his hand.

"It's fine, they were just doing their jobs." Yuuki looked at Mrs. Selner with raised eyebrows as he pondered the reason she was like this.

The Deputy Director turned to check on her now.

"Mrs. Selner? What happened?"

"M-Michael…."

"Madam? You're sweating so much… are you feeling unwell somewhere?"

While the situation of pointing guns at an extremely strong Hunter made Michael's back sweat a little, that was incomparable to Mrs. Selner's current condition.

Even more so, the difficulty of getting Yuuki to listen increased dramatically after his one, and his only way of negotiating no longer being available.

Turning around again, the Deputy Director spoke to Yuuki.

"Mrs. Selner is not feeling well today. May I give you a call at another time?"

---

At around the same time.

An important guest was waiting inside of the President's office of the Korean Hunter's Association, his name was Shigeo Matsumoto, the President of the Japanese Hunter's Association.

Except for their interpreters, nobody else was within the room.

Go Gun-Hee was the first to speak.

"I've heard about what happened to Mister Goto."

"It's truly a lamentable thing."

Bitterness covered his face as he wore a sour expression briefly before his complexion recovered.

"However, I did not come here to discuss the past, but for the way forward from the Raid."

Go Gun-Hee nodded his head. There were a few matters that were between the two men - no, the two countries Japan and Korea, that needed to be settled.

From the Raid, they would wait for a year until all of the Ants died out before they would fairly allocate the Magic Crystals. There was no need to wait as Yuuki had already killed every last one in 30 seconds with a shocking display. (Do mind the pun.)

Of course, it was not as though his actions went unnoticed. It was the exact opposite. A single spell ended what multiple Hunters could not accomplish after multiple attempts.

'He has incredible physical strength, unseen magical ability, and a ruthless personality as he hunted every last Ant without any need to do so.'

Shigeo Matsumoto smirked as he recalled the control room's atmosphere. He pushed forward several documents.

"And these are?" Go Gun-Hee inquired as he picked them up.

"These are the official declaration that Japan will give up our right to the Magic Crystals from the Jeju Island Gate." Shigeo was still smirking.

Speechless, Go Gun-Hee looked through the documents as he was still unsure of whether he could believe the words coming from Shigeo's mouth. Finding that his words were true, he felt curious.

"Why?"

Why was it that Japan, who had suffered significant losses, were willing to give up such a large amount of possible income?

Surely enough, his answer was understandable.

"In return, hand Hunter Yuuki Satoshi back to Japan."

Hearing Shigeo Matsumoto, Go Gun-Hee's eyes widened as he opened his mouth... to laugh at the top of his lungs before patting his chest as he tried to calm himself.

"Sorry about that, ignoring your previous encounter with Hunter Yuuki, regretfully he is not affiliated with our Hunter's Association."

Of course, it did not matter that he was not affiliated with them, even if Yuuki was, Go Gun-Hee would never do something like 'handing him over' to a country that betrayed him with its flawed system.

"We know." Saying this as though prepared for Go Gun-Hee to say this. "However, he has a very close relationship with the Korean Association. And it's currently impossible to get in contact with him unless it's through your Association."

Unfortunately for Japan, they did not get to enjoy the same level of Information Network as the Federal Bureau did. Thus, to contact Yuuki, they needed to contact the Korean Hunter's association and get their permission first.

Moving his lips, Go Gun-Hee caused Shigeo Matsumoto to become profoundly confused.

"I refuse."

"...Would you allow me to negotiate with him?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because you two have a past encounter that did not bode well for Hunter Yuuki which was why he left your country and came to us because we would take care of our Hunters. You do realize what you need to draw Hunter Yuuki to see you in a neutral light rather than a negative? Besides, who has not seen that video back then. Stealing the possessions of others will always be a crime! What does it matter if they are weaker?!" Finding himself getting angrier than he thought possible over a small discussion, Go Gun-Hee massaged his forehead with his right hand. Once his calmness returned he seemed as steady as the ocean.

"I wish to talk without the presence of our Interpreters." Speaking in Japanese, Go Gun-Hee surprised Shigeo Matsumoto and both the interpreters who then left the room."

5