Black Box
108 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now that the Interpreters aren't here... we lost ten of our S-Rank Hunters for the Raid." Goto Ryuji was included in this list.

"If you do not wish to accept my suggestion of handing over Hunter Yuuki Satoshi, Japan will have to claim compensation from Korea along with the afore-mentioned deal with the Magic Crystals, we get at least half."

But Go Gun-Hee simply snorted in derision.

"It's funny, you mistakenly think you have the upper hand here."

"President Go!" Matsumoto sprung up from his seat with sparks in his eyes.

"Is that something you are meant to say to someone who fought for your people."

Matsumoto was agitated, unlike the constantly cool Go Gun-Hee.

"There's one thing I could not understand no matter how hard I thought about it."

Go Gun-Hee's serenity invaded Matsumoto's rage and washed it away. The latter slowly settled onto his couch and the former waited until the latter was calm enough before he spoke.

"Why did your people, who enjoyed showing off in front of the world, decide to entrust us with what was decisively the core part of the Raid, the hunting of the Ant Queen."

"That's obviously because the Koreans lacked the means to buy the necessary time from the Ant Army...."

"Then why not have our Hunters be the distraction and you send in your Top Ranked Hunters? You split them into four groups, we could have done that too."

Within Matsumoto's eyes, the light inside changed.

"So, President Go Gun-Hee, what is it that you are trying to say?"

Strangely, Shigeo Matsumoto emphasized his pronouncing of Go Gun-Hee's name as clearly as he could.

"The withdrawal of your teams, it looked as though you had planned it before the raid. Regardless of the mutated Ant or not."

Go Gun-Hee's eyes narrowed into slits.

It was then that Matsumoto cackled horrendously.

"Hahahaha!!"

Pulling out a small black device from his pocket, Matsumoto caught Go Gun-Hee's gaze. He shook his head with exhilaration.

"Everything that you said just now... is recorded. Your sins of insulting the Japanese Hunters without proof, even using it as a method to back out of the earlier agreement. I have everything."

Odiously smiling, Matsumoto's face had never looked so punchable before.

"You will be judged by the International community."

The small sample of Go Gun-Hee's voice would be enough to hide the attempted withdrawal of the Japanese Hunters. As for the opinion of the masses? That would come later...

This was a slip-up for Go Gun-Hee as he could imagine that if he had indeed laid his hands on Matsumoto, the consequences would be terrible and his actions would serve as proof of Matsumoto's deceit to make it a perfect lie.

The sound file was already transported to Japanese servers.

Too bad for Matsumoto again.

Go Gun-Hee placed his hand inside of his jacket and from the inside pocket pulled out a black colored object the size of a stamp and placed it on the table.

"....?" Speechlessly looking at the object with a confused expression, Matsumoto had a bad feeling from Go Gun-Hee's imposing calmness.

"Hunter Yuuki Satoshi found this device after his lightning storm spell which you saw. See, I did not even know anything until he gave this to me on the day of the Funeral. I would be in quite a bad situation." At the sight of a puzzled Matsumoto, he smirked.

(A/N:- I know, I never had Yuuki meet Go Gun-Hee at the Funeral but here it is anyway. I forgot to include it so here it is now.)

"This little device is a black box. It was attached to the communication equipment of Goto Ryuji's team."

On the surface of Matsumoto's skin, sweat formed. His complexion darkened also and became ashy. To top it all off, Go Gun-Hee took out an mp3 player and pressed a button.

*Click*

< "How long has it been since the Korean Hunters went inside?" >

< "Hold on, they say it has been less than 10 minutes." >

< "Ten minutes, is it..." >

< "Time to start the withdrawal process." >

Through the speakers, the voice of a man could be undeniably identified as that of Goto Ryuji's echoed into both of their ears.

Go Gun-Hee sternly stared at Matsumoto.

"Do you know why I did not release this to the public yet, Shigeo Matsumoto, President of the Japanese Hunter's Association?" Emphasizing his name in the same way as Matsumoto said before, Go Gun-Hee caused Matsumoto's ashy expression to become as white as paper.

Shaking his head sullenly, he dropped the voice recorder within his hands.

"It's simple. I did not want to ruin the joy of my fellow countrymen as they basked in the glow of an amazing person that will protect them from anything that could harm them. This b*llshit you cooked up, it's annoying. So, do you understand? I didn't release it yet for my people, not for you."

Go Gun-Hee crushed the recorder that had been dropped from Matsumoto's palm with his S-Rank strength.

"Now, get the f*ck out of my office..." 

---

Yuuki had left the Hotel where he met Mrs. Selner.

Currently the Deputy Director, Michael was talking with Mrs. Selner alone.

"Madam, what happened back there?"

This was not Mrs. Selner's first rodeo, or so the saying goes, this was the first occurrence of something like this ever happening.

Her beating heart and body full of adrenaline fought to keep her lips closed but she managed to hoarsely whisper.

"T-the thing I saw..."

"What did you see?"

"S-s-something t-that I hope n-nobody s-sees." Her voice trembled and she stuttered occasionally.

"That man, he is something indescribable." Calming herself as much as she could, she spoke slowly yet shakily and did not stutter again.

Only the Chairman of the Federal Bureau, the deputy, and Mrs. Selner knew how her power worked. Only these three.

"Which means... he is on the same level as the Special Authority-Rank Hunters?"

Shaking her head fervently, she spoke with confidence about her opinion.

"He doesn't belong in this world. He is indescribable because words cannot do anything to display his Power. What I saw, only solidifies my point."

"Can you not explain it in simpler terms?"

"When I looked into him, something 'looked back'."

"But other hunters also-"

"NO! This was different that terrible thing inside, I felt I was going to die by feeling it near me."

A shiver ran down her spine as the instinctual fear embedded within all biological creatures with life and sentience, was activated. The fear of Death. Even with all of her terror, she had one last thing to say.

"He... has no limits..."

5