A Big Gate
115 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan.

Over the city, giant shadows were cast upon the normally upbeat citizens.

Shinjuku was normally referred to as the beating heart of Japan.

However, that wasn't as it was right now. Right now every type of vehicle was halted yet there were not the normal yells and screams as people all had their gazes drawn to one place.

From a bystander's view, it seemed as though all the people here were bewitched by an unseen force.

No matter who, everyone was all standing still beneath the humongous shade being cast upon them.

"May God help us..."

Similar words were spoken from everybody's mouths. Those who did not believe in God suddenly became Religious.

Of course, nothing normal could cause this massive shade.

Standing taller than a skyscraper, a common-sense-shattering Gate towered over the ant-like citizens who could only stare with their jaws dropped down.

The avenue which was normally bustling with countless people was deadly silent, the silence was so terrible it invoked some people to vomit as it wrenched them tighter and tighter.

The atmosphere in the Japanese Prime Minister's official residence was rather terrible as well. The slightest noise caused everyone nearby to jump before returning to the dead silence again.

Ever since his trip to Korea, Matsumoto had been looking gloomy and haggard.

"Why aren't you saying anything!? Damnit, speak!" The Prime Minister's dagger-like eyes stabbed into Shigeo Matsumoto's and caused the latter to shrink back into his chair as his body crumpled in an unsightly manner like a man who'd been bearing the weight of all the horrors in the world on his back.

"What is going to happen if that opens?!" Spit flew and hit Matsumoto's face who did not bother to wipe it off as his sullen face became paler than paper.

"....The end...Sir..."

"So? Just this gate will destroy the city of Tokyo... is that it?" Helplessly sighing, the Prime Minister was quite relieved until Matsumoto's next words entered his ears.

"Sir, you misunderstand... I meant to say the entirety of Japan would be finished.

---

Yuuki woke up that day not knowing if anything would happen that was interesting. He itched the side of his abdomen and stretched and yawned before turning the TV on after getting his phone and seeing the hundreds of messages flooding it.

"What in the...?" Yuuki's eyes seemed to be deceiving him, chuckling as he rubbed them and replayed everything he thought was fake to find it to be the truth.

Imposingly reflecting into his eyes, the light from the TV made him unable to believe the enormousness of the Gate.

Blinking a few times, he dialled a number into his phone.

"President. I need to go to Japan, I can't just let my home be..."

"I understand... do what you need to." Go Gun-Hee's voice did not tremble and remained constant throughout his speech. It seemed something was on his mind.

"Also, President, you don't need to worry about me being affiliated with Korea for this. I am aware of what the main goal of the Jeju Island Raid was. Still, I need to go."

"Best of luck, Yuuki."

"I will be back."

Not too long later, Hana woke up and her drowsiness made him ever so reluctant to part so suddenly. Alas, things like this could not be delayed.

"Hana, check the news. I need to go to Japan right now. A massive gate has appeared and I am going to go and deal with it." Quickly hugging her and kissing her, he attempted to explain things as quickly as possible.

Parting with her as she was still wearing an expression of confusion on her face, an ashy-grey gate opened before him and stepping through caused Yuuki to appear right before the magnificent scene of the towering Gate.

"The Giant Monarch, eh?" Yuuki trembled with both anticipation and nervousness. The foes he would be facing would be numerous so even with his power, carelessness was never an option.

Amplifying his voice with Mana, Yuuki's voice rang through all of the citizens' heads.

"Everyone, my name is Yuuki Satoshi." Gaining their attention, Hana saw him disappear and then reappear on TV. Worries filled her heart as the imposing nature of the gate was just too menacing. In her mind, Yuuki was strong but not invincible, no matter how many times he told her not to worry, she could not help but do so anyway.

"You may know me as the S-Rank who left Japan when I was still an E-Rank. Korea has become my home in recent times. However, that does not change that this was the very city I lived almost my entire life in." Smiling, his face became brighter as the shade could not stop his smile from making the people feel safe, maybe it was his words? Maybe his smile? Nonetheless, he made them feel safe.

"Without further ado, I'll see you all later once I have defeated whatever is in here." Nonchalantly turning around and Blinking to the entrance of the Gate, he walked in with steady steps.

Inside the Prime Minister's office, Matsumoto's face became brighter along with everyone else's across the country. Without a doubt, they felt his words ring in their ears.

This was the power of Charisma.

Words alone were able to calm the hearts of millions. After all, Japan was not going to receive help from outside due to the released audio from Goto Ryuji's Black Box. The entire world had cast them out.

A countless number of people watched the Jeju Island Raid, they had all seen Yuuki's ability. He instantly defeated an S-Rank Gate. Even if this Gate that stood hundreds of meters tall contained something terrible, they did not doubt for a single second that Yuuki was lying to them.

From his expression to his carefree gait, Yuuki inspired hope within the hearts of every person who watched him and Hana felt the tightness around her heart relax as she realized her worries were quite illogical.

[ New Title Gained - Last Hope ]

5