Chapter 2 – Teacher
258 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sam looked straight at her. His eyes showed no fear. Scathach was genuinely surprised by the look of his eyes.

At this time inside his mind, Sam was thinking about something else.

"Damn I almost soiled my pants." 

She is scary. No wonder Cu Chulainn was always scared of her. Let's not provoke her ever. He steeled his heart firmly  and said to her, "Yes I have summoned you to this world."

Scathach then made her Twin spears disappear.

She suddenly heard a voice in her head.

" Guide him."

She was startled and asked, who are you? But no one answered back.

When sam heard that she was asking his name. He thought to himself. Seriously who am I? Sam or Sylian? Wait no, Sam has already died in the previous world. I am Sylian now. He decided to live this life without regret as Sylian Grey. He questioned himself why he is able to accept all these extraordinary things so easily.

[ Hidden passive Unlimited optimism discovered ]

What the hell. Since when did I have so much optimism. Nevermind all this. I will keep checking system information later or maybe ask Ruby.

Scathach was still thinking about the voice when she heard a childish voice saying, Who? Me?

I am Sylian. Sylian Grey.

She looked at him and said what do you ask of me, little master?

I want to ask you to be my teacher. Please teach me your unrivaled spear mastery. I know it's a lot to ask at the first meeting but can you please take me as your disciple. I will always listen to the teacher.

Scathach heard it and realized why the voice said to guide him. She thought for a moment and answered, Sure I will make you the strongest warrior one can only think of. But my training will be brutal. 

Sylian said, I will work hard and won't try to disappoint teacher.

Scathach liked teaching. She suddenly thought of someone whom she once taught and adored. She found both Sylian and Setanta(Cu Chulainn) have the same kind of eyes. Strong and determined.

Ruby finally let down her guard and said to Scathach, "Please help master" while bowing her head down.

Scathach only smiled slightly at her then turned toward Sylian.

"Your training will start tomorrow morning." I will rest until then.

Sylian was still thinking about how to arrange a room for her when she walked toward him and disappeared. He heard a voice saying, your shadow will be my new resting place till you can arrange a room for me.

Sylian was astonished but didn't let it show on his face while nodding his head.

He looked at Ruby and asked. 

"Ruby am I not human?"

Master, you look like a human so of course, you are a human. Maybe there is some difference from them though. Like how you have 2 hearts on you. 1 is for blood circulation and another for mana but that's it.

"That's it, is that all you have to say?"

How can I have 2 hearts? Also the 2nd one for mana circulation. Is that why my mp is so abnormally high?

Ruby - Yes it may be the reason for that. 

Sylian - Ruby what are hidden passives? I unlocked one called unlimited optimism earlier. What is this? 

Ruby - Master hidden passives are skills that you already have but hidden by the system while you were merging with this body. It was so that you can reserve enough power to merge your body and previous life memories with 100% efficiency, in case any accident happen.

Like you know some kind of disturbing phenomena in space and time. Like for example space or time quake. You will unlock all of them successfully in the future so don't worry. That is the information system gave me master.

Oh well, I will think about all these later. I still haven't seen how I look like. Let's hope I don't look ugly. 

Ruby - Master you look super cute. You will grow up to be a very handsome man. I love you. She flew toward Sylian, sat on his shoulder, and kissed his cheek. 

Sylian's face turned red.

Sylian heard a slight sound like someone trying to not laugh really hard. He realized it's Scathach. 

He was feeling embarrassed.

He said nothing as he walked toward the mirror in his room. What entered his vision was a childish cute face with dark blue colored hair and a pair of red eyes. His body looked thin.

Hmm, I don't look ugly at all. I hope it will help me get a girlfriend in this life. 

He sat down on his bed while he heard system notification.

[ Mission 1 - Summon first skill master type servant ]

[ Mission Complete ]

[ Reward obtained ]

[ 10000 Exp obtained ]

[ Skill Gandr Shot obtained.

Temporarily curse and stun the enemy. The enemy loses moderate health for 20 seconds ]

[ Mage level upgrade possible after getting 10 more spells and gaining enough insight on those spells] 

[ Leveling Tier System unlocked ]

[ There are a total of 12 tiers ]

[ Current Tier - Level 0]

[ Exp - 10000/360000 ]

[ System Store is now open ]

[ Current shop credit 2000 ]

Sylian checked the shop and found most items are either question marked and greyed out or requires a lot of shop credits. He decided he will buy items from the shop later.

Ruby, how do I upgrade my already acquired skills? Asked Sylian.

Master, there are separate mini-missions for that. Please check the Mission tab.

He checked there is really a mission to upgrade his pathetic E - ranked shield skill. 

[ Mission - Bubble shield upgrade ]

[ Defend or Block at least D - to C - rank skill using Bubble shield E - 20 times ]

[ Reward - Bubble shield will evolve to intermediate level ( C Rank ) ]

Are you kidding me? The original Sylian died in 1 hit from a D - ranked level spell. How the hell can I defend or block it? 

Guess I have to ask help from teacher for guidance.

Suddenly he heard Elma asking him to come down and eat lunch. He also felt hunger.

Sylian - Ruby can you hide so people don't freak out seeing you for the first time.

Don't worry master only people I want to show myself to can see me.

He felt relief and decided to go down and eat.

..............................

When he came downstairs, Elma saw him and said to him, You finally decided to come. The food would have gone cold if you have taken any longer to come down. He said sorry to her and started eating the food and found it tasted bland. Not bad but not too good either. At this time another person came home. She had dark blue hair, green eyes, and a beautiful face that has a mature charm to it.

Elma - Mom will you please ask your favorite nephew to eat a little more. I made this food with all my heart.

Aunt Andrea - If the food was eatable he would have finished by now. Go learn to cook well first before adding "all my heart part."

Elma - Can't you just praise me once in a while?

Andrea - I will praise you if you stop playing around most of the day and learn to cook or breakthrough intermediate mage rank first.

Elma had a sullen expression. She said, Mom, I am trying really hard but it's tough.

At this moment they heard Sylian saying I know someone that can help her train a bit but she will require a room and food every day.

They suddenly got startled cause it's been a while since Sylian actively joined the conversation with them since his parents died. Andrea and Elma both felt happy inside.

Andrea looked at him and smiled. Who is this person you are talking about? Do I know her? 

No aunt I met her a couple of days back. She said she was looking to take a disciple to teach her spear techniques.

She saw me sparring with Elma and found my talent satisfactory, so she decided to teach me. She is also proficient in magic so she can help Elma a bit as well.

Hmm. Ok, I will first meet with her then decide if she is good.

Sylian nodded. I will ask the teacher to meet my aunt tomorrow.

Yay. Teacher, I arranged a room for you. You just have to talk with my aunt and help out Elma a little. Sylian said to Scathach telepathically. It is one of the perks of having system.

Scathach - I don't mind giving her some pointers but that will be it. 

Sure teacher. Sylian felt happy for both him and Elma.

[ Mission created ]

[ It's time for round 2 ]

[ Your predecessor has lost to your cousin and lost his life. Beat Elma once to return the favor ]

[ Win against Elma within 4 months ]

[ Reward - 1 skill, 2 items, 7800 shop credit, and 52000 exp ]

5