Chapter 8
9.3k 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bottom of the cliff was cold and damp and the area was full of the traces of wild beasts. At night it would become very dangerous.

Zhao Xuan hurried to find a safe place to pass the night. If he was by himself he wouldn’t have cared but the little thing in his arms was scared to death and kept trembling continuously, making him feel very unsettled. After looking for a long time he finally found a somewhat dry cave. After confirming there weren’t any wild beasts, snakes or mice inside, he went inside and sat down.

“Li’Er, don’t be scared. We’re safe now. Soon people will come to find us.” Zhao Xuan kissed the little fox’s wet and dewy eyes and then loosened his clothes to place him inside.

Only if the fox was pressed up against his chest, beating together with his heart, only this way could he feel some peace.

He comforted the little fox verbally however the terror in his heart was not less than the other creature’s.

He wasn’t afraid or death or being killed but he was scared that he would once again have to watch Li’Er leaving him in front of his eyes. The memory was terrible and at the same time seemed somehow horribly familiar, as though it was something he had experienced a thousand times before.

Zhou YunSheng actually wasn’t scared. He was only tired and couldn’t control his shaking. After some time passed he would naturally get better however he could feel his lover’s terror. Zhao Xuan was always scared of losing him. Even though he was already by his side, he would get scared if he even left his sight, not to mention this kind of life and death parting.

I’m not scared. So you shouldn’t be scared either. If we die then we’ll die together. If we live then we’ll live together. There’s nothing to be scared off. Zhou YunSheng used his paw to rub his lover’s face as though trying to comfort him. He also used his tongue to lick his dry and pale lips.

Zhao Xuan used his lips and tongue to entwine with the fox’s and sucked on him hard until he felt pain. Then he finally let go, sighed and came slowly back to life.

At this time OuYang MingYue came into the cave. She pretended to be scared and said, “My Lord, outside it’s already very dark. Right now there’s a lot of wild beasts prowling around. Do you mind if I stay with you?”

“Leave.” Zhao Xuan looked at her with red eyes.

“Your Lordship don’t hurry to send me away. I brought some firestarters, a water gourd, medicinal ointment, salt, a shovel and some wine. Your Lordship can perhaps find some use for them.” OuYang MingYue patted a small bag that was very securely tied around her waist. A lowborn person had their uses. At least she had survival skills not like these highborn lords. Other than his precious sword, what other useful things did he bring? Right now he was stuck in this place without any basic necessities for life.

Zhao Xuan trusted his subordinates. It wouldn’t take a few hours before they would be found. However he couldn’t eliminate the possibility that the person behind the assassins wouldn’t send out more people to kill them either. He had to pass one night in the mountains. If it was just himself that wouldn’t matter, he definitely wouldn’t die. But Li’Er was injured and probably couldn’t withstand another attack.

Thus he said coldly, “Come in then.”

Under normal circumstances Zhou YunSheng definitely would not have tolerated spending a night in the same place as OuYang MingYue but right now she had medicine and water. These were things that his lover needed so he chose to tolerate her for now.

He used his front two paws to hold his lover’s bloodied hand and used his tongue to carefully lick the torn flesh. Every now and then he would look up to check his expression. If he frowned he would immediately stop and use “zhi-zhi” to comfort him.

“Don’t lick anymore. The wound is dirty.” Even though Zhao Xuan was in pain however his heart still felt very sweet. Also this type of small wound was nothing to him. He very much enjoyed the sensation of the little fox taking care of him and his entire body felt warm as though he was in a hot spring. He was extremely comfortable.

It’s because it’s dirty that I’m licking it. Saliva has the ability to disinfect, particularly a fox demon’s saliva.

Zhou YunSheng called “zhi-zhi-zhi” and began to lick him more vigorously.

OuYang MingYue stood to one side and watched this human and animal pair with a frown. Finally she couldn’t help saying, “It’s still an animal after all. It eats so much raw meat there must be a lot of bacteria in its mouth. It’s better if I help you take care of the wound.” This time she had saved the Regent and wanted to show herself even more in front of him. She wanted him to think that she was courageous and strong in order for change his opinion of her as quickly as possible.

“Li’Er doesn’t eat any raw meat. He eats whatever this Lord eats so how can his mouth have bacteria? Also what’s bacteria?” Zhao Xuan coldly looked at OuYang MingYue.

He was not able to like this woman at all. Also her appearance today had been too much of a coincidence. Although she had acted to save him a few times however he could tell that underneath it, she was scheming something.

He really wanted to see what the hell she could get up to.

OuYang MingYue used a gentle voice to explain, “Bacteria is a living thing that can’t be seen with the naked eye. It can turn our blood and flesh into pus. Then your wound won’t heal but will only get worse. I have some wine here. If you pour it onto the wound you can kill the bacteria.”

Zhao Xuan found this kind of explanation contemptuous. He was just about to reject her however the little fox suddenly grabbed his sleeve and lightly tugged.

He looked down and saw the little thing’s amber eyes fixed on him with a pleading expression. His lips made a “wu-wu” noise as if he was telling him not to be stubborn.

Zhao Xuan was overjoyed. He clutched the little fox against his chest and kissed him forcefully a few times. Then he said, “Bring the wine over. This Lord can do it himself.”

Because the little fox was in his arms he used his hands to clutch him closer and as though scared he would be seen by other people. OuYang MingYue also didn’t detect the little fox’s persuasive actions from before and thought that Zhao Xuan was finally realizing her worth and being grateful to her. Her attitude softened and she immediately brought the wine jug over.

Zhao Xuan opened the lid of the bottle and smelt it. Confirming that there wasn’t any poison he poured it over his wound. He saw the little fox gazing up at him with large, wet eyes making a “ji-ji-wu-wu” noise as though to try and comfort him. He couldn’t help but smile. Originally his aura was very frosty and stern. But right now when he smiled, his beauty really reached a new level. It made OuYang MingYue stare in a mesmerized manner. She once again vowed that no matter what she would obtain him. When she saw that he had finished cleaning the wound, she immediately took other the medicinal ointment and stepped forward to help him dress the wound.

How could Zhou YunSheng not see the desire in her eyes? Just thinking that his lover’s body was originally one of the members of the female lead’s harem, he couldn’t help feeling unhappy. He jumped out and blocked her and growled threateningly at her, warning her not to come closer.

Leave the ointment and get out!

OuYang MingYue raised her hands in an surrendering motion. She said a joking manner, “Xiao Bai I just want to help your owner dress his wounds. I won’t hurt him.”

“Leave the ointment and you get out. Don’t provoke Li’Er.” Zhao Xuan spoke the words in Zhou YunSheng’s heart. He gave the other a satisfied glance.

OuYang MingYue was angry to death however she didn’t show anything on the surface. She obediently agreed and then placed the ointment on the ground and backed away silently. When she came in she had brought some branches with her. Right now it was dark and the temperature was dropping rapidly. She should make a fire. She went to one side the strike flint with a stone but kept an eye on the man and beast. She was thinking about how to break the ice. Right now the Regent was already softening his attitude towards her however if the little bastard made a few noises, he would immediately become icy again. Looked like she needed to take care of the little bastard first.

Since it was impossible to get on his good side, perhaps it would be easier to just kill him.

OuYang MingYue was used to be an assassin. No matter what when it came to dealing with things she wouldn’t stray too far from the word “kill”.

Zhou YunSheng had no interest in OuYang MingYue’s mood. He cast the strips of cloth aside with a disgusted expression then went to smell the ointment bottle. After confirming there wasn’t any problem with it he held it in his mouth and took it to his lover. He used his claws to grasp his pants as if telling to hurry up and use it.

Zhao Xuan was so touched by the little fox’s care and protection he felt as though his heart would melt, how could he still remember his injuries? He scooped him and rubbed and kissed him, not wanting to let go.

Zhou YunSheng held the bottle in his mouth and didn’t protest. He just used his paws to rub his face as though telling him not to be naughty.

This fur-con was beyond saving.

This man and beast played around for some time before finally beginning to dress the wounds. Not only was Zhao Xuan’s right hand gashed but he his waist had also been injured by OuYang MingYue’s chain whip. In the beginning he didn’t feel much pain but right now it felt hot and swollen and was quite uncomfortable.

The whip had been full of barbs, it was capable of shredding a living person into a pile of bones. And if he wasn’t used properly it would be even more painful. It was an extremely cruel and shadowy weapon. A righteous hero would use a sword and meet the foe face to face, and the person who chose this type of weapon also showed their character. OuYang MingYue’s heart was probably even darker than he had anticipated. She had grown up in a village and other than a few rough villagers, there wasn’t anyone around her to teach her. So where had she learnt her martial arts and why didn’t she suddenly appear here? This person was very suspicious and should be investigated!

Zhao Xuan thought about this as he dressed his wounds.

At the point of him loosening his clothes, OuYang MingYue’s breathing began more ragged.

In her past life she had played with countless men however she had never seen a man with a stronger, sexier and more perfect looking body than the Regent’s. Because he practiced martial arts for a long time, his skin was already tanned to a bronze color which shone underneath the glow of the fire. It was extremely seductive.

His body was at least 190cm tall. Compared to the usual short ancient person he stood out a lot. The aura exuded was extremely powerful and intimidating. Anyone who stood next to him would feel small and inconsequential and even the Emperor wasn’t exempt from this. Right now Zhao Xuan was sitting with his legs slightly parted in a manly way on the stone, exposing his strong chest and muscular stomach. The wounds on his body not only did not diminish his looks but made him looking even more appealing.

Right now he looked like a injured wild beast, very dangerous however also with a fatal attractiveness. Even the experienced with love games OuYang MingYue couldn’t stop her heart from speeding up. She wanted to immediately eat up this man.

No, she couldn’t rush. If she rushed she wouldn’t be able to get what she wanted. This man was different to Bai Lian and the other dumb idiots. Right now she didn’t even enter his eye. If she wanted to obtain him then she first needed to make him see her in a new light.

OuYang MingYue thought about it as she built up the fire. Then he said, “Your Lordship, the night is very cold. Why don’t you come and warm yourself by the fire?”

Zhao Xuan had pulled open his clothes and dressed his wound very tightly. Then he held the little fox and started walking out of the cave. He had been fighting with the assassins for a long time then after falling off the cliff he had spent some time looking for a cave and didn’t have time to rest. They hadn’t eaten for a long time. He could endure it but the little thing couldn’t. He needed to hurry up to hunt for some food for him.

Zhou YunSheng had also thought of this. He saw that his lover’s right hand was injured so he could only use his left hand to hold his sword and his movement wasn’t smooth. He realized this was a chance for him to show his use. So he slid out of his embrace and raced away into the dark forest.

Zhao Xuan froze for a second and when he recovered his wits, he felt his eyes become blurry and his whole body was numb.

Right now it was night time and it was precisely the time wild beast liked to prowl. The little fox was so small and weak, what if he encountered some danger? His heart was beating so fast it almost tore itself apart. He almost couldn’t control the urge to yell out for him. Luckily his logic returned at the last minute. He hurried towards the direction the little fox had vanished in. He didn’t dare to cut down the trees in case it hurt the little fox. In a few seconds his face and body was covered in cold sweat.

This type of terror stole away his breathing. He couldn’t stand it a third time.

OuYang MingYue had also chased him out of the cave. She was just about to come closer when she saw the little bastard jump out and run away, with the Regent following him. Just a few seconds later his martial arts made him vanish without a trace, leaving her standing in the cold wind by herself. She looked around everyone for some time but couldn’t find anything so she could only go back to the cave to wait.

He was a little fox not even half achi long. The forest was so huge. Even if it was broad daylight it would be impossible to find him, not to mention at night.

Zhao Xuan searched for a long time then suddenly thought of something and rushed back to the cave.

He came back in breathing heavily and asked in a hoarse voice, “Has Li’Er come back?”

“I haven’t seen him your Lordship. Your wound has reopened!” OuYang MingYue reminded him kindly.

Zhao Xuan completely didn’t hear her second sentence. He stood with a face made of ice at the cave entrance. His dark eyes searched in every direction. If a blade of grass moved he would immediately go over then come back with a face full of disappointment.

He couldn’t find the little fox and was scared of him getting lost. He had no choice but to come back to wait. This kind of hopeless feeling was driving his mad. After a few times when his hopes were raised and then dashed, his eyes had already turned red and it was clear he was about to lose his sanity. He thought that when the little fox came back he would definitely punish him, then the next moment he thought that as long as he came back then he would give him everything under the sun. It turns out it wasn’t that the little fox couldn’t leave him for a second but it was him that could leave the little fox. He was so important to him, more than everything he had, more than his own life.

“Your Lordship come and sit down ba. I will help you redress your wound.” OuYang MingYue couldn’t stand him pacing to and fro. She did her best to persuade him but was unable to help adding with some evil intent, “Xiao Bai is an animal. He is better at surviving than humans. He probably prefers a life of freedom in the forest. Right now he’s probably run far away and won’t come back. A beast is a beast after all. Don’t depend on them to show us any gratitude. Just like back then when I…”

“Shut up! If one day I hear your call Li’Er a beast in front of this Lord one more time then I’ll cut your head off.” Zhao Xuan turned around furiously and his eyes were filled with a dangerous killing intent.

{T/N: The world OYMY used is a derogatory way of saying animal, I could only think of beast but that’s not really that insulting. Sometimes I will also use this word to translate something not insulting. There’s only so many ways in English I can say the word animal haha.}

OuYang MingYue was frightened by his glare. She immediately lowered her head and went quiet. In her heart she thought, he really has pet addiction. This is a psychological problem that needed to be treated! She hoped that the bastard would die outside in the wild and never come back.

Zhao Xuan turned around to watch the forest once again. After a few moments, from the trees there came the sound of movement. Immediately after a little fox bounded out. In his mouth there dangled a wild chicken that was bigger than he was. When he saw the man rushing out to greet him, he raised his big fluffy tail up and wagged it. He also puffed out his chest, showing he was feeling very proud.

Here. Our dinner.

Zhou YunSheng spat out the chicken on the ground. He called twice “ao-wu-ao-wu” however he couldn’t help Zhao Xuan scooping himself up and burying his face into his soft fur. The hot sensation coming from his skin was a bit uncomfortable.

Zhou Yunsheng used his four limbs to push aside his lover’s big face and looked at his expression.

He felt some hot liquid fall onto his fur and skin. It wasn’t sweat, but tears.

He was crying? Why?

Just then he remembered that he had run off without an explanation. Suddenly he froze. This guy’s psychological fear of “can’t stand being apart for even one second” was acting up again. His possessiveness became stronger and stronger every world that passed. What he should he do? 

Don’t cry. Men shouldn’t cry easily, aren’t you embarrassed? He used “wu-wu” to comfort him then used his tongue to lick the exposed part of his lover’s. His own eyes felt red and hot.

The treasure of his heart was lost but had now come back. This type of feeling was to overwhelming. Zhao Xuan took some to calm down. He then released his death grip on the little fox and said in a stern voice, “Where did you go? Don’t you know the danger outside? If you do it again then I’ll… I’ll…” In the end he couldn’t say anything cruel. He only kissed the little fox on his mouth. In his eyes was a wild joy and uncontrollable feelings.

There wouldn’t be a next time. It’s because I can’t talk ma. Soon I’ll be able to get enough power to change shape. In the future I’ll definitely discuss things with you first.

Zhou YunSheng promised with a “wu-wu” sound then licked his lover’s face until he had licked all his tears dry.

26