Chapter-10 Test of the Souls
139 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rayne , Jade and Liliana were talking with each other in the room for more than 2 hours , at that time Bolard once came to check up on them , but that wasn't enough for them at all , after all they have spent 5 years in this new world .

“Ohh well that's gotta hurt sheesh .”

Jade says after learning how Rayne died on his past life .

“To be honest , it didn't at all .”

“Woahhh same for me you know .”

“Hmm ? So how did you die ?”

“Well I was just hanging out with some friends and while crossing the road suddenly a truck came and ran over me , but it didn't hurt at all .”

“Gasp!!”

Liliana put her hands on her mouth and says .

“You too ?”

“Huh ? Why ? Don't Tell me you too…”

Liliana nods .

“After I met you Wrex , I took the turn for my house but remembered I need to buy some other things so I went to the mall once again and just when I was crossing the road a truck…….”

Sadness strikes Liliana's face .

“Ummm well that's a weird coincidence .”

Rayne looks at Liliana .

“But what's done is done , we should be thankful for this .”

“Yeah you are right .”

“So Liliana huh well that's what we should call you then , and I'm Rayne in this world .”

“Rayne…..yeah right , you guys can call me Lily .”

Lily says with a smile , looking at that both Rayne's and Jade's face turns pink , but they looks at each other and coughs .

“Btw what does your family do .”

Jade asks Rayne .

“My mom teaches in a school at a village .”

“Ohh well no wonder I never heard of Silver family before , it's not that well known I think .”

“What about you Lily ?”

“My full name is Liliana Myrtle as from the Myrtle family . My family is well known for alchemists as my family supply most of the Potions and other alchemical products in the whole Setria .”

“Sweet , well for me , I'm from the Storm family , my family is one of the seven strongest family in the whole Setria , we are known for being strong warriors for the kingdom , my uncle is actually the duel instructor of the guards of whole Setria . ”

“Anyway what about your dad bro ?”

“Well I'm not the biological son of my mom actually……..she found me in a forest where my real parents were dead , and after that my mom never married so….”

“Ohh ummm sorry bro….”

“Nah it's okay . To be honest , I think there is a past of my mom that she doesn't wanna tell me . I mean do you know about the silver frost kingdom ?”

“Yeah it's pretty well known . But it was destroyed suddenly so no one talks about it , some forbidden thing or something .”

Lily looks at Rayne .

“Wait I don't even know about your mom , what's her name ? ”

“Her name is Alicia Silver .”

“Alicia ? I think I've heard that name somewhere……”

“Maybe because my mom teaches pretty well that's the only explanation I can come up with………..”

Suddenly Rayne realizes something , he thinks .

“Should I tell them about the dragon and all , but……….well I can trust them , that's for sure and I don't think Mom will just tell me everything…….”

“Guys I need to tell you something……”

Rayne told Jade and Lily everything that have happened to him till that moment along with that what the dragon told him about silver frosts also he told them about Fenix .

“So you think there is a big secret hiding around you're mom ?”

Jade asks while holding Rayne's shoulder , Lily looks at Rayne and says .

“Hmm I'm not sure about your mother but………Grey Fenix isn't the strongest person in the whole Novaria .”

“Wha…..what ? What do you mean ? ”

Rayne asks her being confused .

“I think you don't know this but in the whole Novaria Setria is the strongest kingdom right now , but that's not because of it's own military strength , it's because of The Order of the Burning Star . About 11 years ago the whole order was created by Sharen Starfall , he created the order for an unknown reason but offered their help to our kingdom not only for military perposes but also with the financial side and……..Sharen Starfall is the strongest human being in whole Novaria , he have already surpassed the 13th Godhood and now trying to surpass the 14th one……….and he is also the one who……..who killed Grey Fenix .”

“What!! No no way my mom told me that Fenix is alive there is no way…..”

“It is true…..in this world power is everything…..if you have enough power you can even dethrone the king , but that would make you an enemy to the whole kingdom so that's pretty dumb , but what I said is completely true…….Fenix went beyond the forbidden rule of Setria.......he  killed the God ranked Warrior of our kingdom named Javed Rollard , the rule states that whoever tries to kill a God ranked individual in our kingdom will be hunted down and Sharen Starfall hunted him and killed him so there is no Fenix anymore in this world .”

Rayne's mind was completely blanked out as whatever he knew till that moment seems to be a lie .

“But……but then why would mom and the others lie to me ?”

“I dunno….I know about this things because my father has connections with the Order as well and I hear many things when I'm around my father's office at home .”

Jade looks at Rayne's face and says .

“Hey……I think for now we should just let it go after all we don't really know what is happening .”

As soon as he says that a guard comes inside and speaks .

“Kids as you were not able to give the Soulforce test a special test has been prepared for you please come with me .”

Three of them look at each other and goes with the guard , soon they reach a huge hall with big chairs on each side some people are sitting on them some are standing at end of the hall is a shiny crystal as clear as air , 4 people are standing around it One is a middle-aged man with a Stern look , another one is a beautiful woman with pitch black hair and snow like fair skin with a happy smile and a well structured body and the other two looks the same as if they are twins but those are old , both of them have very long white beard and has no hair on their head it seem none of the two are looking at anything as their eyes are closed .

“Ahhh you must be the three geniuses who defeated the Long Thorn Pitohui , at this age you three are really remarkable .”

The middle aged man says while suddenly his Stern look changes to a smiling one .

“Come come let's start the test shall we .”

The woman says .

“…………”

“…………”

The other two doesn't utters a word

“Ahhhh master ying and master yang aren't you gonna say….. ”

As the woman tries to say something the other guy stops her and says .

“Mellisa I think you shouldn't do that , let them be .”

“Huh ? Ohh ok .”

“Well hello I'm Baart Stendarr I'll be checking you three's Soultype .”

Baart looks at the woman .

“And I'm Mellisa Hartful I'll be seeing what your Soullevel are , and these are…..”

Mellisa points her hand towards the old guys .

“Master Ying shen yao and Master Yang shen yao , They will test your Bodyforce so let's start with them shall we ?”

Mellisa looks at Jade and points him towards Ying and Yang .

“First there will be the Bodyforce test so tell your name and use any physical skill you know on Master Ying and Master Yang  .”

“Ahhhhh but aren't that gonna hurt the old farts ? ”

As Jade asks both Mellisa and Baart starts laughing , the old guys are still unmoved .

“Don't worry nothing like that will happen , as of the accident that happened earlier we can't conduct the test on the testing field so we have to do it here , just do what I said .”

Without wasting anytime Jade let's out his katana and points it towards to two old guys .

“Here I go , I am Jade Storm and take this , Slash of the Howling Princess cut through everything on your path .”

As soon as he says that he slashes and a huge slash of air forms and strikes the two older guys……….but nothing happens it seems that attack didn't even hurt the guys even a little but suddenly a movement can be seen .

“Hmmmmm ? What ? Ohh not bad kid at least you were able to wake me……the others were not so lucky……anyway I think the the form of Bodyforce this kid has is Heaven Cutter , what do you think brother ?…..”

The old guy on the right speaks but the other one seems to be asleep .

“Ohhh a third grade , a genius indeed , Hmm ? Ohh well it seems Master Yang is very tired hahahaha…….”

As Mellisa says Baart looks at her with a face that clearly says don't say that .

“Ohh I mean ok next you little girl it's your turn .”

Listening to that Jade's face becomes as if he is disappointed and he goes to the other side and stands .

“Ok <3 ”

Lily goes ahead 

“I'm Liliana Myrtle here I go , Palm of the 12 Sorrows .”

As soon as she uses the skill the hall begins to crumble as if an earthquake is happening but it stops and a crater of a size of a palm forms on the ground , while the two old guys are still standing on the crater .

“Not bad not bad you were able to wake me up too….”

This time the other old guys speaks .

“Oh there you are old fart why do you sleep all the time ? We have work you know .”

“Ohh come on you are acting like you never sleep….”

Both of them begins to argue with each other .

“Ahhh master Ying and master Yang please if you tell us the Bodyforce of this young lady that will be very helpful .”

Baart says while getting closer to them .

“Ahh yeah her will be Profound Destructor .”

“Ohh my another Third grade , another genius .”

As Mellisa says Lily stands beside Jade .

“And next You must be Rayne right , Ara ara you are Alicia's son right , ohh my what a wonderful sight it is even in this age you're this handsome , you will be the center of many girl's affection you know that young man……well you shouldn't wait any longer show us….”

Mellisa says as Rayne's face turns pink as he couldn't stop blushing , Rayne goes near the old guys and let's out his sword , he starts his form as black flames begins to emerge around him changing his appearance once again .

“No…….no way…….an emperor…….at this age…….you really are a genius .”

Baart says while Rayne takes his position .

“I'm Rayne Silver , Blade of the Dark flames .”

Without wasting any time Rayne swings the sword left to right with all the strength in his body , a wave of black flames covers those two old guys and suddenly both of them opens their eyes as if they have found the treasure which they haven't found for millions and millions of years .

“The God Slayer”

Both spoke togather , everyone in the room were shocked as Baart looks at Mellisa

“God Slayer isn't that….”

“Yeah…..another genius……three geniuses all togather .”

As the wave of Black flames goes out Rayne goes and stands right beside Jade and Lily .

“Btw what's with the Bodyforce ?”

Rayne asks 

“There are three grade the highest grade is 3 and all of us are at grade 3 it's pretty rare to even find one grade 3 in 100 so whenever one is found they are called a genius .”

As Lily was explaining Baart begins to speak .

“All of you come here and take these .”

As all of them went to him he gave all three of them a small metallic ball .

“Now put your Mana into that ball .”

As instructed Rayne , Jade and Lily put their Mana into the ball , suddenly the balls begin to float over their hands and begins to open up , inside Rayne's metallic ball Sparks of electricity were jolting it soon forms a small ball of electricity while Jade had a small ball of air and inside Lily's ball a ball of fire forms .

“Well Rayne you have the Soultype of thunder , Jade you have the Soultype of Wind and Liliana you have the Soultype of Fire . Very good .”

With a smile he takes the balls back and tells them to go in front of the crystal , everyone stands in front of the crystal .

“Now one by one put your hand on the crystal and pour your Mana into it .”

As  Mellisa says , Jade goes first and as soon as he pours his Mana into the crystal it changed it's color into Silver .

“Ohh my almost a Gold ranked good you may go Jade , Lily would you wanna come first ?”

Listening to that Lily goes to the crystal and pours her Mana into the crystal and soon it begins to shine in a silver color .

“Almost at the peak of Silver rank very good . Lily you may go now Rayne please come .”

Mellisa says with a beautiful smile on her face and Rayne stands before the crystal , he touches the crystal and begins to pour his Mana into the crystal….. slowly 5 seconds have passed but the color of the crystal didn't change .

“Hmm that's not what I expected Rayne come here .”

Rayne leaves the crystal and goes near Mellisa as Mellisa bows down in front of Rayne , her face comes near him as her big chest bounces ones and as a portion of her cleavage bounces in front of Rayne , his face turns red .

“Why are you blushing ?”

Mellisa asks while having a sweet smile on her face .

“Give me both of your hand .”

As said Rayne gives her his hand and she touches his small hands .

“Now try to pour your Mana into my hand , it's gonna be a little harder but if you try you can do it .”

As Rayne was told he tried to pour his Mana into Mellisa . Soon Mellisa begins to feel the Mana going through her body and she closes her eyes for only one second and opens only to find herself in dark place where there are water around her feet .

“Wha……what ? Where is this…..”

As she was thinking two enormous red eyes begins to appear behind her and a frightening voice suddenly begins to speaks .

“Now who are you ? You're not the…….wait is that Mellisa ?”

It seems Mellisa recognized the voice and looks behind and sees a figure of a giant dragon .

“Lord…..Lord Bahamut ? I'm honored to actually meet you in person .”

Mellisa bows down with her head facing downwards , she begins to tremble .

“Mellisa it's ok , but how are you here ? It's impossible for more than 3 people to be in a SoulSea....”

“Lord Bahamut after abandoning the catastrophies I became the Soulforce tester in the capital and while testing Alicia's son's Soullevel it appeared that the crystal wasn't working so I told him to pour his Mana into me and when he did I appeared here .”

“Hmm so the kid wasn't lying……..why did you abandon the catastrophies what happened to them ?”

“My Lord all 7 catastrophies are okay well except Fenix.......we have no information about him . As for abandoning all the catastrophies they all abandoned their positions of being elite warriors my Lord......and so did I .”

“Hmm I understand after the fight with Starfall he didn't came back huh……..well don't worry he will come back as for the kid it seems I've been inside his soul for all this time that is the only explanation why the crystal didn't work , as I'm already inside his soul his soul has been full so the crystal naturally couldn't find any empty space inside his SoulSea .”

“But my Lord he is just 5 years old how can he……”

Without even letting her complete Bahamut says .

“I was inside Fenix so I don't see why it's impossible . Look Mellisa that kid is special take care of him , he may be our last choice .”

“ye….yes”

As soon as she says that suddenly she comes back and looks at Rayne . She quickly holds his hands and say .

“You are special Rayne very special .”

After that they were all dismissed and were told to visit the next day for their first Skill scrolls .

“So they are gonna give us a free skill ?”

Jade asks .

“Yes they will give us a skill that is most suited for us…..”

While coming back from the hall suddenly a guy with red and white armour , a red cape and with a sword hanging around his waist stops and looks at Rayne .

“Rayne Silver .”

He says . Rayne looks at him , his face is almost filled with his grin as his black eyes shows hatred .

“Do I know you ?”

“Ohh no but I know you , after all you are the son of the slut….”

As soon as the word slut came out if his mouth Rayne changed his form and jumped to cut his throat in anger , but he wasn't able to as he quickly grabs his neck with Mana all over his hand .

“Rayne!!!”

Lily screams while rushing towards him but Jade stops her realizing they are no match for that guy .

“Well do you know your mom is a slut yeah yeah a slut and a traitor to her own kingdom…..”

“You motherfucking I'll kill you if you say anything bad to my mom…..uggghhh”

“Don't make me kill you kid as it'll only take a sec….”

With a blink of an eye Rayne was gone from his hand but not just Rayne as his whole right hand is gone blood drips from the cut and he soon understands that his hand is no longer with his body .

“Aaaaaaggggghhhhhhh….”

He screams as he looks at his right . Alicia standing holding Rayne's hand with her left hand while in her right hand a sword made out of ice can be seen also right under her feet his right hand is lying .

“You bitch I'll kil…..”

Without even letting him finish Alicia creates a big spike of ice and throws it without even moving a finger as if in her mind she knows what is happening , the ice spike goes through the guy's abdomen as he flunks across the hall .

“How dare you touch my son , how dare you try to harm my son you little…..”

Her eyes become pure white as if an ice storm is going on in them and she points her hand towards the guy who is moaning in pain and soon a big chunk of ice forms right above him and in a second it falls on him and the guy becomes completely frozen . Alicia looks at her son and asks .

“Did that bad guy hurt you ?”

Rayne hugs her and says .

“How can he hurt me when I have you .”

10