Chapter-24 Last Hope
60 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The 4 of them are sitting in Rayne's room , Lily and Jojo are on the bed as Rayne and Jade are sitting on the chairs .

“S….so……. You're a girl ?”

Jade asks while putting a cloth on his nose as blood was still coming out of it .

“Hmm….”

Jojo nods while saying .

“Then why are you wearing the male outfit ? And your head…..”

Lily asks .

“Well then now that you already know about this……..then I think I should tell you all of it .”

Everyone begins to look at her face .

“Huh!!”

Jojo's face turns red as she starts talking .

“My….my real name is Jojona Karage , you remember I told you about the pledge ? Well I am the first female born in 20 years in my clan……”

“Wooahh , I thought it was a 50/50 chance……”

As Rayne was saying Lily hits him on his head .

“THUD!!!”

“Ouuuchh what was that for ?”

“Don't talk shit when she's talking……umm Jojona you can continue…..”

“Hmm….so as I was saying I am a miracle honestly , but to my clan , it wasn't so good , you see all my cousins are male and I was the only female in my clan , and in my clan females aren't cut out to be Spirit users , so my grandpa thought that he won't even gonna waste their money on me for my teachings , he thought he'll just make me marry someone and it'll be over , but just after the age of 5 my Soulforce begins to enhance drastically , so much so that none of my cousins could keep up with me , that time my grandpa thought of this . ”

“What do you mean ?”

Rayne asks .

“Well my clan isn't that well known like Jade's or Liliana's family , our financial crisis has a big part on that honestly……so he thought if I can become a well known Spirit user then this crisis will finally end and our clan will finally gain some reputation , so he…….”

She stops .

“He made you do this .”

Lily asks as she looks down .

“Yeah….but I'm happy .”

As she says everyone starts smiling .

“I don't wanna marry just anyone for money , I'll get stronger and make money myself then I'll marry someone……no I'll marry Jade senpai…..”

“THUD!!!”

Jade hits her on the head .

“Shut up idiot……sheesh , you know what you really should do right now ? You should show everyone who you really are , don't let them make an expression of you by looking at what you are pretending to be . Be yourself , if not……you'll always get crushed by others……by your own family .”

Jojona is looking at Jade's face steadily without blinking .

“Ye….yes senpai , I promise I'll do it . Senpai , you'll come back one day right ?”

Jade looks at her face for a moment .

“Of course I will , we all will .”

Jojona looks at him with admiration as everyone starts smiling , they had smile on their faces , but Rayne understood , everyone has their own problems in which they are going through , but if friends help each other out , the suffering goes down easily .

As time passes by Rayne finally completes his packing as he is ready to get out of the academy . Jade and Lily left so that they can pack their stuff , but inside Rayne's mind he knew it wasn't gonna be that easy , he is constantly thinking what would happen in both of their families when they tell them about this .

[Place - Ellensmere North Exit Gate , Time - 12:34 PM ]

Rayne is standing along under the hot flaring sunlight , there's no shade except the shadow of the huge gate right in front of him , 5 guards are standing there .

“I hope they can make it .”

Rayne thinks looking at the gate .

“Yo…”

Jade's voice suddenly floated in Rayne's ears , he turns around as he sees Jade coming towards him with a huge bag on his back but something is not right . He looks like he's beat up .

“Hey what happened ?”

“Ohh this….”

Jade scratched his head for sometime .

“It's nothing , I fell from the stairs…. ”

“Jade!!!!”

A heavy voice comes up , Jade's dad and some other people are coming towards them .

“What do you think you're doing ?”

He asks .

“What I told you I would do .”

“I said no……don't you remember ?”

“Yeah I do…….but I don't give a shit bout what you think .”

Jade's dad comes closer to him .

“Jade , you will come with me back home this instant…..or else….”

“Or else what you're gonna hit me just like before ?”

Jade's dad takes a back step .

“Don't have the balls now do you ?”

Jade's dad's eyes get filled with anger as he clenches his fists .

“Don't forget to whom you're talking to Jade , watch your tongue or it will not be there next time .”

“Heh I'm done with your shitty threats , Rohden Storm , I ain't scared of them anymore .”

“You little…..”

He looks at Rayne .

“you're going with this thief….”

“He's not a thief . He's my friend……..”

“I don't know what this brat told you , but if you don't come with me today…….you will no longer be a Storm .”

As he says that Jade looks down on his feet , Rayne holds his shoulder .

“You should go…….it's good for you….”

Rohden suddenly has a grin on his face .

“Done with your yapping ? Know your place , you're nothing without the surname…...”

“Then from today , this moment , I'm no longer a Storm.........it's way better being just Jade than living under the shitty surname of yours .”

“JAAAADDDEE!!!!!”

He was charging towards Jade but one of the guards sees that , he notices it and stops . He turns around and begins to walk .

“Remember , from today you're no longer a Storm......the doors of the family are closed for you from now on .”

Rohden says as he walks away .

“Remember this You dipshit , one day you , yourself will come to me , that day I ain't gonna accept you as a father .”

He doesn't even stop .

“What are you doing ?”

Rayne asks .

“You want to destroy your life or something ?”

“No .”

Jade says boldly .

“You dunno what I went through man , I was never free , I was always shackled by that surname , nobody cares me as who I really am , they only care bout the surname , I want to show everyone that I don't need that surname to be someone important…..”

“Jade…..”

“Don't worry bout it , as for my future don't forget I'm already at gold rank , getting to ruby isn't that tough . When we get admission to Raid's , I'll work even harder , I'll show that dipshit I don't need his surname to live .”

Jade says with passion all over his eyes looking at that Rayne smiles , but another thought comes to his mind .

“Hey where's Lily ?”

Jade asks .

“I dunno…..I was thinking the same thing .”

While they are talking none of them notices that a small pug is standing behind Rayne .

“Ruff ruff..”

This shocks both of them , Rayne and Jade look at it .

“Woah when did this guy come here ?”

Jade says as he pats it's head , the dog's happy face changes to a ferocious one . But Jade ignores that , Rayne looks at it and finds a small wooden roll under the dog , he moves it and picks it up as Jade picks the dog up and begins to Pat it again .

“What is this ?”

He inspects the roll for sometime and finds it's hollow and it can be opened , he opens it as a roll of paper comes out . He reads the paper which said .

“My friends , I am so sorry to let you know that I can not go on this journey of yours , I am busy and I have to study hard for my exams , I wish you luck and goodbye . From - Liliana ”

“That's a shady letter if you ask me .”

Jade says .

“Ye…yeah….but maybe she really just doesn't wanna go ?”

Rayne says with sad eyes , he begins to think about his and Lily's friendship once again .

“Hey it's ok , I'm gonna go with ya don't worry . ”

Jade says as he begins to Pat the dog again .

“And who is the cutest doggy ? Who is it ? You are yes you are . You wanna come with us huh ?”

Jade says making weird faces and sounds as Rayne looks at the letter once again , there's some more things written on it .

“Hey it says something more……the dog doesn't like patting ? What ? It hates when someone rubs his belly….”

“Aaagghhhhh”

Jade's scream comes in .

Rayne looks at him as the pug is biting his right hand .

“Aaagghhhhh what the!!!!!! What the hell with this dog!!!!!! ”

Jade shakes his hand rapidly as the dog finally lets him go and runs away .

“What the heck was with that dog ? ”

Jade shouts as Rayne begins to laugh , looking at his face Jade smiles as he also begins to laugh . Jade knew Rayne's life is as messed up as his is , and as they have a same goal they have to work together , looking at Rayne he understands that Rayne needs company , as for both of them this is their last hope…..

To people who are waiting for Rayne+Jade relationship I'm sorry to tell you that this will never happen XD

3