Chapter-27 The Truth
75 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily is standing before Rayne as the monster is laying on the ground few meters away .

“Li….Lily ?”

Rayne says with a confused voice .

“Just how many times do I have to save your asses ?”

She replies .

“But……but you said….”

“Forget bout that…….for now get up…..”

She turns around and gives Rayne a hand , he grabs that and stands up . Jade comes running and begins to pant…..

“Pant….pant….pant….. don't forget bout me guys , just what type of friends are you ?”

Rayne hands him a potion as he is drinking one himself .

“Drink up and get ready…..”

As they complete their recovery the monster also starts getting up on its legs , looking at that Rayne points everyone to not let their guard down .

The monster stands up as its eyes are filled with rage , its monstrous strength is getting even higher as its muscles begin to bulk up .

“Now it's getting even more ugly .”

As soon as Lily says that the monster screams in its sickening voice once again .

“RROOOWWWWWAAAAAARRR!!!”

It's like the monster is in pain as it's muscles are growing in a tremendous speed , it's already huge size is increasing even more . The scream itself is so abhorrent that it's hard for Rayne and his friends to attack , it's like the scream is creating a sound barrier which is protecting it .

“Maan just how long is that thing gonna scream like that ?”

Jade says covering his ears .

“What is it anyway ?”

Lily asks looking at Rayne .

“Dunno can't you guys see it's red but there is no name over it's head , it's only question marks .”

Rayne says looking at the monster .

“Now that you say that……”

Jade begins to look at the monster .

“You two have been fighting it for this long and you just noticed that Jade ? No wonder you're an idiot .”

“Hey!!!! That's rude .”

“Forget it……aaggghhh….”

Rayne is holding his abdomen as the pain isn't gone yet .

“You're okay right…..”

Lily asks Rayne with a soft voice listening to which Rayne smiles .

“I'm fine thanks to you…….but how did you find us…..”

“The noise of the explosions are pretty loud you know….”

“Hehe true , but now…….get ready , cuz we have a real monster to kill .”

As Rayne says the monster finally stops screaming and looks at them .

“Lily can you take the front ?”

“Kay .”

Lily says while cracking her knuckles .

“Jade and I are gonna take out the legs , hit it with everything you've got guys .”

Saying that he rushes towards the monster and looking at that Jade also begins to run , suddenly the monster roars and begins to charge at them as well , looking at the chance both Jade and Rayne slash its legs , but they miss as it jumps right before their swords hit its legs….

“What!!”

Jade says .

The monster falls on its legs and runs towards Lily . Lily is shocked as she didn't expect this , but she doesn't stutter as she rushes towards it , the monster is just a few steps away from Lily as she jumps and punches it on its face , but it doesn't even hurt it a little bit rather it grabs Lily's leg in midair and moves in a circular motion as it gains momentum , it throws her .

“Lily!!!”

Looking at that Rayne screams and begins to run towards her , just before Lily was going to hit a big tree Rayne jumps and grabs her as black flames cover them and they suddenly vanished .

“Whaaaaaaat!!!!”

Jade screams being confused as a familiar voice comes .

“Jade attack it fast…..”

“Huh? Rayne where are you ?”

“Attack it now!!!”

“K….kay….”

Air forms around his katana as he rush towards the monster , it sees him and tries to punch him but Jade is way more faster than it , he dodges the punch and slashes as a huge slash of mana hits the monster directly .

The monster roars in pain but Jade doesn't stop , he begins to slash it rapidly as a purple aura begins to come out of him , his speed begins to increase as Rayne who is lying on the opposite side of which Lily was thrown with her over him .

Lily understands the position she is in as she quickly gets down from him and sits beside him .

“Umm..umm….ummm srry….”

“There is no need……”

Rayne stands up as Lily looks at him with admiration on her eyes .

“Get ready , we need to help him .”

“Huh ? Ohh yeah….”

Lily also stands up .

The monster suddenly uppercuts Jade as he is now over it , looking at that Rayne runs and climbs up the monster and jumps while Lily slams the ground as a wave goes to the monster and lava blasts out from under it's feet .

Rayne grabs Jade and vanishes , Jade who closed his eyes when he got attacked suddenly opens his eyes and finds himself on the ground , being confused he begins to look at his sides when suddenly Rayne's voice comes in .

“Would you mind coming down off me ?”

“Wahhhh!!!! What the…..”

Jade comes down .

“How did I , how did you……”

“It's my new skill , "Shadow Teleportation" , I can teleport to any place as long as there is an ember of black flames and that place is in the range of my eyesight . I can teleport at least one person with me…….but I'll tell bout that later , we have to help Lily.....”

As he says Lily jumps and kicks the monster on its face and punches it's abdomen with fire swirling around her hand , the monster seems to be stunned as it's not fighting back , with every impact from her attack the monster is taking a step back .

“She is badass……”

Jade's mouth opens as these words come out of it , Rayne looks at him for a moment and goes to help her out , looking at that Jade also rush towards them .

Lily's hands are covered in fire as she jabs them on the monster's abdomen , with a sudden blast the monster tries to slam its both arms on her , but Rayne suddenly comes and points his hand towards it as black flames form around it and engulfs it , Rayne without wasting any time shoots several black flames ball at it as many small explosions happens , suddenly he leaps towards it and slashes upwards , the slash cuts through the flames as the monster is completely stunned , Rayne jumps and touches it's abdomen and jumps backwards , he clenches his fist as with an explosion the monster screams and takes several step back , seeing the chance Jade comes swiftly as he slashes it several times in just a second , with every one of his slashes a small tornado is being created in which the monster is trapped .

“Heh…..now take this…..”

Jade says as he channels his Mana on his katana and tries to cut the monster in half , but he couldn't , the monster grabs his whole body with just its right hand , suddenly its palm is even bigger than Jade's whole body as he is in its right palm , it has increased its size three times as it is even larger than before , its eyes no longer has pupils as it's bleeding all over , its horns are even longer and sharper than before as it comes out from the tornado .

“Wait……don't tell me it was increasing it's strength this whole time……that's why we were able to attack it……”

Rayne says as Lily is looking at the monster's intimidating appearance .

The monster suddenly begins to squeeze its palm as Jade begins to scream in pain .

“Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhh…..”

“Crack…..crack…”

Some of his bones breaks as its eerily sound goes into Rayne and Lily's ears , Rayne couldn't stand it and he rush towards it to help his friend , he jumps as he is completely covered in black flames , he tries to cut one of the fingers of the monster and slashes , but the slash gets deflected by the flesh , Rayne's eyes are opened as he didn't expect this .

“How can anyone's fledh be so hard that it deflects a slash from a sword ?”

This is going through his mind as he slips and begins to fall on the ground , but just before hitting the ground the monster kicks him in his abdomen once again , blood comes out of his mouth as he gets thrown away . Lily looking at that screams .

“Rayne!!!”

She couldn't control herself as she rush towards the monster with flaming fists , but the monster sees that and roars as a huge amount of Mana forms in its mouth and soon it shoots it towards her , Lily who was running in full speed couldn't dodge and gets hit and with an explosion she also gets thrown away , she hits a tree and faints .

Rayne tries to stand up as he looks at it but what he sees makes him shout , the monster is right before Lily who is unconscious and it is about to crush her with its left leg .

“No…no…no…nooooooooooooooo!”

“…………..”

“………”

“….”

“Sob….sob…..sob…..”

A little boy is crying standing on an abyss of darkness , Rayne is looking at his back .

“Sob….sob…..sob…..”

“Hey……”

Rayne goes near him , the boy's face is looking downwards .

“Sob…..sob…..sob…..”

“Hey….what happened ? Why are you crying ?”

Rayne goes ever closer and stands before the boy .

“Sob…..sob…..sob……”

“Hey buddy……what happened ? Why are you crying ?”

“Sob…..sob…..my…..my mom….mom and dad……they left me……they……died…..sob…..sob….”

Listening to that Rayne's face turns pale , he grabs the boy's shoulder .

“Hey……it's okay…..don't worry , I know how it feels , I kno…..”

Without letting him finish the boy looks up which makes Rayne stop , the boy is……Rayne……or…….Wrex…..he looks exactly the same as Wrex .

“No….no….but….but how….it…. can't be…..I.....”

Fear strikes Rayne's face .

“You don't know anything….”

The boy speaks .

“You know nothing……all your life you had everything , friends…family………..power , but still you say you know how it feels ?”

The boy comes closer to Rayne as Rayne is going backwards .

“My life is nothing like yours , my parents never loved me…..they were always away from me doing their work while…….while I stayed alone all the time , all they cared bout was fame and money , so much so that they completely ignored me…..their own son . I was alone all the time , even though I had everything…….I still had nothing….no one was with me at any moment , no one was there to eat with me , no one was there to play with me , no one was there help me with my studies , I had no friends , no one who would believe in me , who would……understand me and my sorrow . And you ? Just the day you entered this world you got a mother who loves you more than anything , an uncle who protects you…..teaches you everything you need and soon you got your friends…..your friends who trusts you more than anyone……who will always be by your side…….and you still say you know ? ”

Suddenly Black flames begins to come out of the ground and it begins to hurt Rayne , for the first time Rayne is getting hurt by his own dark flames , Rayne backs down as he falls on his butt , he is in pain as slowly his flesh is burning .

“No…..no…..no…. it's not true…..”

“You know this is true…….Wrex.....”

The boy says while having a grin on his face .

“No……no…..I.....never cared.….I never cared about it……I.....I was used to it….. that's why I didn't care……it's not true….”

“Oh yes…..it is true Wrex , inside your heart you were always sad , even when people tried to help you…….you backed down , you said you were fine…….but I know Wrex......you weren't!!!!!!”

“NOOOOO!!!!!”

Tears form on Rayne's eyes as he begins to scream .

“There is no point in ignoring that Wrex , you never took their help , but that was because you never trusted anyone , and still you thought that they didn't trust you….”

Rayne's eyes open up .

“Wh…..what do you mean .”

The boy smiles .

“You know very well don't you ? You never trusted them…….infact all you wanted was to get away from them , Maria , Lui both of them . To you……they are nothing but mindless bags of flesh and blood , who are just there to entertain you .”

“NO!!!!!! No no no no , who are you why are you saying this ? Stop......stop it…..”

“Can't accept the truth can you ? ”

“It's not the truth!!!! I.....I didn't…….they were friends and now…….now I have them again……”

“Again……as your entertainment……and nothing more , hehehehe and your mother…..”

Rayne is completely shocked .

“Just like before , you never cared about your parents right ?”

“No!!!!!no no no no no I love her , I......I.....”

“Hate her for leaving you like that .”

Rayne's wet eyes closed as his bowed down .

“Just like before…….because they never spent any time with you……..you wanted them to suffer……just because they never spent any time with you…..you were happy that they died…..”

One of the most hardest moment of Wrex's life comes to Rayne's mind , it is raining , Wrex is a kid as he is standing in a graveyard with many other people while his head is bowed down , slowly they leaves him and soon he is all alone , the 2 tombstones which are right before him says , Daron Walker and Selena Walker……..Wrex's parents . Finally Wrex looks up and turns around , but his face doesn't show sorrow even though he is crying…….as he has a huge grin on his face , he is happy…….happy that his parents died .

“Stop it……..please……stop it…..”

Rayne begins to cry .

“Heh……even if I want I can't Wrex , because I'm you , I'm your thoughts that you can't forget , even if you try .”

“No…no no no no no no!!!! Jade , Lily they are……friends , they left everything for me , I don't care what happens to me……I'll help them……I'll save them……..”

“Then why do you still think of them just like before ? If that is your real thoughts……..then kill me Wrex............kill me .”

Suddenly Rayne's blade comes to Rayne's hand as he look at the boy , he is in the pinacle of being harmless , but for some reason , Rayne can't hurt him……he can't even move , he has no strength…..

“Can't do it can you ? You wanna know why ? Because , I am the truth , no matter what you think , you will never see them as your real friends or family , as always they will only be your entertainment……”

“No…..no…..please stop , they need me…….or else……..or else……”

“They will die ?”

Rayne's wet eyes opens up .

“But you don't care bout them Wrex.......why do you care if they die ?”

Tears fall in the eternal abyss from Rayne's eyes as he finally closes them once again .

“…………”

“…….”

“….”

“Adel………Adel........it's okay……..do it……I'm here for you…….you don't have to worry…….I'll also be there with you soon…..just wait a little longer……..just……do it…..”

A sweet voice of a female comes to Rayne's ears , as he suddenly opens his eyes , he feels a warmth as he notices , a being who is glowing so brightly from all over its body that it is not even watchable with naked eyes , it is hugging Rayne from his back as it holds his hands .

Rayne stands up , as suddenly he feels strength .

“Yes…….I understand now……You are right……that is what I used to think……but now things have changed , now in this new world , I have a family , I have friends , I have people who care bout me , so no matter what happens to me , I'll protect them , I'll help them no matter what .”

Rayne says as he walks towards the little boy and hugs him , he smiles and so does the little boy , as Rayne shoves his blade into the little boy's abdomen . Blood comes down dripping from his hand . As he feels the wetness Rayne opens his eyes as he sees Wrex , he sees himself all grown up just like he used to look in his past life , slowly Wrex begins to fade away…..smiling .

Rayne closes his eyes once again , as everyone he had known in his life , everyone he now thinks as his family and friends is all around him .

“Don't worry…….. it's okay……take it……it's yours after all…….take this power…….Adel......let's save her……together……yes……together……this time….”

As the sweet voice comes again the black flames around Rayne burns him completely………. suddenly Lily opens her eyes and sees Rayne……he is pointing his left hand towards the foot of the monster which is on midair , but something isn't normal , as a wing made out of black flames has appeared on his bare back on the left as well as his whole left arm is completely covered in black flames , Rayne is hovering over the ground .

“Ra……Rayne ?”

She doesn't get an answer as Rayne's mind isn't on its own anymore , his eyes are even more lifeless than before as there are some black markings on the left side of his face , he has no expression on his face as if he has no emotions , his hair has grown a little longer as it's no longer strapped with the long cloth it's always does , it's floating , it's completely black .

“ROOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!!”

The monster screams once again and tries to crush both Rayne and Lily together but it couldn't , Rayne's left arm which was pointing towards the foot of the monster suddenly moves to his right and to left slowly as blood scatters everywhere , the monster's leg and its hand in which Jade was in just got cut off . Jade falls on the ground but he is unconscious . The monster falls on its back as it closes its eyes and opens it in less than a second to find Rayne standing on its chest .

[Place - The Abyss , Time - Unknown]

The Exel Bound has stopped working .

“Wha…..what happened ?”

Ouuf asks .

“We don't know….”

Liane says being confused .

“The code…..”

Youm says being shocked .

“What ? What happened ?”

Asks Eine .

“The distortion signal we sent……somehow it is being cleared .”

“What!!! But how ? It wasn't even complete….”

“I don't know , but it's not that extra system , it's something inside that planet .”

“What ? Then what should we do ?”

“Obviously we should stop the Distortion in this moment or else whatever that is on that planet is gonna backtrack us and from the backlash we'll be in a big problem .”

“Then…..then….”

“Sigh…..stop it…..”

[Place - Silentwood Forest , Time - 10:30 PM ]

Rayne is standing on top of the monster's chest as Lily is looking at him , she is terrified as never before she has seen Rayne that way , his eyes would even strikes fear to strongest of warriors as he is even more ruthless than the monster they were fighting a moment ago , even though the monster is now lying on the ground .

The monster is looking at Rayne with fear in it's eyes , even though Lily sees that she never thought any monster can even feel fear , but it's a shame for her not to know that every living creature can feel fear , as long as it's enough to make them traumatized for life .

The monster is looking at Rayne's eyes which only reflects itself lying on the ground , it tries to move its other arm to grab Rayne but it understands it is unable , as it is no longer connected to its body , infact the only thing that is connected to its body is its head , in such a short time Rayne had cut each of its limbs , at last Rayne points his finger towards the head of the monster as it begins to moan in fear , Lily who was watching till now closes her eyes as the brutality of the killing Rayne just committed is way much more than she can see .

The head just blasts as the monsters horns get crushed and it's blood and brains spouts out everywhere , none touch Rayne as just before any blood was bout to touch him the black flames burns it to smock .

Rayne comes down from the monster and stands beside it for a moment , then suddenly his black flames wing goes out as the marks on his fact isn't on there anymore , black flames leaves his left arm as it is completely burned , Lily sees that and goes towards him holding her own abdomen . Rayne's eyes returns to normal as suddenly he falls on the ground unconscious . Lily goes towards him and sits on the ground , she holds his head and puts it on her lap as she checks his neck………he is alive , Lily's eyes get filled by tears as she notices a huge wound on his abdomen surely made by a blade .

3