11-Ancient Beasts
344 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 
 
Snowy ran down from a hill to a valley. It arrived at a mansion on the cliff. Reymond helped Mircalla to get down of its back. They walked on a red carpet to the entrance. Two maids greeted them.
 
“Elder Karnstein, everyone has been waiting for you,” said one of them.
 
When Mircalla entered the meeting room, she saw many unfamiliar faces. Did the sect leader invite other forces again? She thought.
 
Among those unfamiliar faces, she recognized one of them; a skinny old man with pale skin; his bald head shaped like an egg. Mircalla gulped. I hope he won’t make a scene here.
 
Standing at sides of the skinny old man were a boy and a girl. Mircalla took a glance at the boy because he somewhat resembled Allen. Both of them smiled, but it wasn’t at her. She turned back and saw Reymond smiling back at them. It seems Reymond knows them.
 
Mircalla stood before the man who sat at the end of the long table. He wore a full set of black armor complete with a cape; his helmet had X shape that was covered with black glass. She knelt, while Reymond prostrated.
 
“Greetings, Sect Master.”
 
“Rise, Sect Elder Karnstein. You may sit.”
 
When Mircalla stood, the man that was standing beside the sect master greeted her.
 
“Nice to meet you again, Elder Karnstein.”
 
Mircalla smiled back. Even though this man had a low level and wore something weird on his face, a pair of circle-shaped glass, she had to respect him. He was sect master’s son after all.
 
Even though this man was weird in her opinion, he was good looking though. His hair was cream in color. He had fair, white skin too.
 
“Greetings, Lord Peter.”
 
After she replied the greeting, Mircalla sat on the empty chair; Reymond stood beside her. Coincidentally, the skinny old man sat beside her. He kept smiling at her since she entered this room.
 
“Now that all elders of my Coffin Sect have arrived, let’s start the meeting,” The sect master said. “I have invited all of you, friends of our Coffin Sect, to wage war against one of the strongest factions in this Siaroupe Continent. Our foe is the Church of Enlightenment.
 
“As proof of our good intention, we invite all of you to enter the secret ruin my Coffin Sect has found.”
 
“So, it’s true your Coffin Sect knows the entrance to the Nether Necropolis. I am looking forward to it, kehehe.” The skinny old man who sat beside Mircalla interrupted. “If you are true, our Myriad Essence School will help you to fight the Church of Enlightenment.”
 
“Our Coffin Sect may be seen as an evil faction in the eyes of the world, but we have our own rule, Lord Doortrick. Anyway, let’s talking about the profit we should share after entering the necropolis.
 
“The Nether Necropolis was burial grounds of deceased experts from the past. Many kinds of fortunes exist there. In fact, we got the long lost necromancy technique from a certain grave of experts. Our scouts have informed us about the sighting of extinct magical herbs too.
 
“We only demand five percent of what you will get inside the necropolis. After this event, you can monopolize the place as you all see fit. However, we want all of you to assist us in fighting the heathen Church of Enlightenment.”
 
As they were busy discussing, Mircalla could only sit elegantly and hear carefully. In here, she only had status in the name; she was the weakest amongst them. After all, she was only a mere mana condensation realm, while other people who sat in here were magic foundation realm magi.
 
She sighed in relief when the meeting had ended. The sect master let the guests and elders rest in their perspective rooms. On the way to her room, Mircalla met the skinny old man, the last person she wanted to meet.
 
“Mayor Karnstein.” The skinny old man bowed.
 
Mircalla frowned. “Don’t call me that in here. I am now acting as Coffin Sect Elder.”
 
“Kehehe, whatever. You may refer me as Elder Doortrick in here.”
 
“So, you are really representing Myriad Essence School.”
 
“Of course, if Myriad Essence Alliance intervenes, other top factions won’t just keep silent. Ah, I have a message from Mr. President. Even though you are the alliance’s representative, you don’t have to assist Coffin Sect. You are just a good to complete their experiments in creating true immortality potion.”
 
Mircalla expression became cold. She put a thin smile. “Really? Mr. President has promised to me I can act however I like. I won’t stop until I kill that man from the Church of Enlightenment.”
 
Elder Doortrick giggled in a hoarse voice. “Your target is rather special. He’s a Favored just like you and the son of the Pope. I will leave, but my disciples want to talk to that man.” He pointed at Reymond. “Good luck in your hunting, Countess.”
 
“YOU!” Mircalla wanted to choke him to death when he called her with that title, but he dispersed into black mist first.
 
Reymond sighed. “He’s finally gone. You have one hell of a master, Ren Shadowstep, Miss Vanilla.”
 
“Big brother!” Vanilla threw herself to Reymond and hugged him.
 
Reymond laughed. “Stop, Vanilla, you are in presence of my master.”
 
Vanilla let him go and blushed when she looked at Mircalla. “Hello, there … Princess Karnstein.”
 
“I have many titles, but the princess isn’t one of them. You three know each other?”
 
“He’s my martial arts master and brother-like figure to Vanilla, Elder Karnstein. My name is Ren Shadowstep; the son of Ronald Shadowstep, the Mayor of Shadowperk City.”
 
“It seems our age gap isn’t that far. You are close to Reymond too. You may refer me with my name.”
 
Vanilla beamed when she heard that. “Can I call you Sister?”
 
“Ara….” Mircalla touched her chin. “That’s a good idea. I never have female friends around my age. You are the little sister, then. Say, want to go to my room?”
 
Cally….” Reymond called her name in worry.
 
Mircalla closed her mouth to his ear and whispered. “Don’t worry, she’s not a virgin. I can smell it. I won’t drink her blood.”
 
“No, I mean. There’s nothing in your room beside a coffin, even your belongings are in my room. Besides, you have requested your room to be dark.”
 
“Ah….”
 
….
 
After Mircalla had gone, Allen had lit candles all over the tent. Allen read the book the original had left for him in the dining room. He wasn’t alone; many people were bound to chairs.
 
Allen stood before one of them. Allen bought newly captured slaves that hadn’t been trained. They still had high hope for life.
 
“Let’s see. To learn Renegade Spirit Refining, I have to absorb the soul of despaired humans with Lifesteal Technique repeatedly. Of course, I’ve had formed the spell model before. Those are the only requirements to learn this technique. It’s really cheap, but need determination.”
 
Allen looked at the bound people one by one. “I don’t have any resentment for you. This is my path to get stronger.”
 
Allen grabbed the head of the man before him and released black mana from his hand. The man screamed; his body kept withering. The other slaves cried when they saw the scene.
 
Allen staggered back and fell. He could feel the despair and pain the man had felt. On the other hand, the man turned into a skeleton-like figure that wrapped in pale skin; he was already dead.
 
“Ugh, this is the first time I absorb the soul while awake. I don’t know I have to feel their pain and emotion too. It’s unlike absorbing life force.”
 
Allen took a breath and familiarized himself with the pain. After that, he noticed the system was summoned automatically.
 
Do you want to convert the soul into an experience for the system?
 
“No, I need to master Renegade Spirit Refining.”
 
The requirement to evolve to the next tier: 0/100 souls.
 
Allen walked to the next person sitting beside the man. It was a woman. She screamed even when he was looking at her.
 
Allen kept absorbing their souls. He was exhausted by feeling their despair and pain. However, on the fifth try, he got used to it already.
 
On the sixth try, Allen had condensed a black ball in his hands.
 
“This is it, the renegade spirit. I have succeeded. Necromancy is really suitable for me. I’ll exchange for necromancy technique in the hall if I have plenty of fortunes; they have fake necromancy techniques, but it’s worth to broaden my knowledge.”
 
Allen walked to the next person, an old woman. Even though she was scared of him, she braced herself to look at him in the eyes.
 
“Oh, any last words?”
 
“Can you at least tell us the reason you want to kill us?”
 
“Fine, I need to refine your souls to create renegade spirits. It has many uses for me, one of them is to create undead soldiers.”
 
“I see. At least, after death, we will get reincarnated. Can you at least make it quick and less painful?”
 
Allen put his hand on the chest and bowed slightly. “My condolence, but I can’t do that. I have to make it painful, so all of you will feel despair. Ah, just to be sure, you all won’t be reincarnated.
 
“To raise undead, I need spirit. Soul has three layers. The outer layer is called life force or lifespan. The middle layer is the character, which has a sphere-like shape; it contains the karmic deeds, memories, and characterization of the person when alive. That’s why I feel pain and emotion when I absorb the soul.
 
“The inner layer is the spirit. It contains karmic deeds and memories too, but not characterization. Basically, if everything goes wrong with your soul such as gets destroyed, the spirit will act as a backup and go back to the will of the universeIn about tens of thousands of years, the will of the universe will create a new character; you will get reincarnated again.
 
“Unlike the soul, our spirits are indestructible and bound to the will of the universe, but with a few tricks, it can be controlled.
 
“You can’t get reincarnated because I will refine your soul and control your spirit. Your spirit will be rejected by the will of the universe, the renegade spirit!
 
“This is the true necromancy art; even the ancient beasts despise it. I’ll become the overlord of death!”
 
Allen spread his arm and laughed. He never felt so much passion in his life before. His previous desires were just a rope he could only hang on. After he became a magus, it was as though he was climbing on this very rope.
 
His imagination was shattered when the system suddenly appeared before him on its own. He became baffled by the messages it brought.
 
 
The Ancient Beast of Death is watching.
 
The Ancient Beast of Enlightenment and Knowledge is amused by your desire for knowledge and power.
 
The Ancient Beast of Creation and Desire despises you.
 
The Ancient Beast of Immortality and Reincarnation pities you.
 
The Ancient Beast of Evil and Primordial Chaos is disgusted at your sight.
 
 
Allen was taken aback by the sudden message from the system. He had never experienced this. 
 
 
Several ancient beasts want to harm you. The Ancient Beast of Infernal has severed your tie with those ancient beasts.
 
The Ancient Beast of Enlightenment and Knowledge leaves you a gift and a quest; the detail can be seen in the mailbox.
 
The Ancient Beast of Enlightenment and Knowledge has had modified the system.
 
Creating a mailbox function.
 
Allen sighed in relief. It turned out he had ties with those ancient beasts' existence. He analyzed it was left by the original. He became curious about the past of the original.
 
“I should read the book from the original more. Luckily, my ties with them had been severedHowever, for some reason, the Beast of Enlightenment and Knowledge can still bother me. Well, he gives me some benefit, so I don’t mind.”
 
Allen had experienced many things in a short time; he forgot about the people he held hostage. They have a hope to get reincarnated if I fail to create a renegade spirit, but it is best not to tell them.
 
Shall we continue, ladies and gentlemen?”
 
This story will update twice a week. The time is kinda random for now. Because I want to gain readers from different timelines. Please understand. If you want to read advanced chapters, you can find it on Patreon.

8