Chapter 11
8.2k 15 196
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's!!!---"

A monster that was covered by fresh blood, came forth spewing out a dark aura from both its body, and the gigantic axe it gripped. With its height and build, anyone could've easily mistaken it for an orc, yet its nimbleness said otherwise.

His grim laughter could be heard throughout the area, and the nearby trolls that were with him, began to sneer.

"To think a persona is here... We've been negligent!" Lieutenant Estra was gritting his teeth just like the rest of them upon seeing the chuckling troll.

If mages gain elements upon reaching a certain tier, martial artists gain what they call a [PERSONA].

Usually, an aura user would have a white translucent aura covering them. But upon gaining experience, and an understanding of auras, they would, later on, gain their persona.

Sebastian misunderstood Naell's expression as confusion, so he briefly explained.

"Listen carefully, Naell. A persona is an advanced skill that differentiates aura users from other martial artists."

Persona is divided into three traits: Genuine [red] aura users have precise control of aura; chaotic [black] aura users have the most destructive forces; and neutrals [silver] are balanced aura users.

At that moment, Naell recalled an unpleasant memory when he was reading the book, Arts and Magic. One of Andrew's companions who was the only neutral martial artist in his team, died.

'Neutral martial artists basically have nothing going for them. That's just sad, I kinda liked that dude.'

Persona was also hailed as the heart of a martial artist, but it did not mean a genuine artist would always be kind; nor that a chaotic one would always be evil. Genuine aura users have a strong sense of their own justice, chaotics have a fiery heart, while neutral aura users are those who think before their heart.

"Get ready!" Shouted one of the high ranking soldiers, as they unsheathed their weapons.

With a cloud of smoke, Sebastian's right hand suddenly held a cane that looked like a refined piece of onyx.

"Looks like I need to help today."

"That would be a big help Captain." Both Lieutenant Estra and Sestra's pale complexions became warmer, seeing a confident Sebastian standing at the front.

Only Sebastian's unfazed look and the cold gaze of Naell, (which was actually a sign of fear) was misunderstood as bravery.

Sebastian wasn't really that confident facing a personified monster. Even so, he knew that the monster hadn't awakened yet, therefore he knew he had a chance at victory.

Naell knew by then, that a being who had reached his/her peak needed only a bit of experience to reach their awakening. Yet usually, most would fail to surpass their limit.

Sebastian knew as well that a personified monster like that could reach their awakening at any moment. That is why, he too could not let his guard down, because it would take a person of a higher rank to defeat such thing.

Sebastian then remembered what Naell mentioned earlier.

"But the orcs aren't the mana I'm detecting, Sensei."

"Naell, is this the aura you were sensing a while ago?"

"I'm sorry Sensei, but It's not him... or her either."

"What do you mean by that--- Young master?" Interjected Sestra, who readily held her wooden wand. She was already anticipating the clash.

"I'm certain as we got closer that it was mana. Unfortunately, this aura is not it."

"Then that is probably that troll's boss?" Lieutenant asked while looking at Naell. Others, including Sestra, were also looking at the young mage nervously.

They knew that the trolls were encircling their position slowly as to trap them inside the Forestlands.

Sebastian then asked his student who at the moment looked distracted.

"So what do you think Naell?"

"If possible, I would like to continue searching for that mana, as it might just be lurking." They all agreed as they knew well that if that being truly was waiting in ambush, they would have to prioritize their retreat.

Even so, Estra could not help but dubiously ask,

"Is that even possible?"

The one who answered the lieutenant's inquiry, was Sestra.

"It is, if that mana is from someone way above us... Practically, an awakened one."

Awakened beings have the capability to hide or make their presence known.

"But I think that mana meant no harm. Still, it is better to take precautions."

Lieutenant Estra's worries lessened upon hearing Naell's conclusion.

"It is a good thing if that is the case." Even Sestra, who hated Naell, could not help but voice out her relief.

Sebastian then said a theory that they all agreed upon.

"That mana is superior to all the creatures here. It might have been the reason why higher class monsters have been restless in the Forestland."

Before they could even reply, the monsters had begun their attack. The personified troll, without even a hint of hesitation, ran amok towards Sebastian, sensing he was the strongest out of them all.

Mages, who were at the center, started to form a circular barrier. Soldiers and adventures who excelled at defending, protected the mages upfront.

As the collision continued, the mages already began feeling exhausted. Their mana was diminishing by the second as they continued repairing the shields that were being chipped away by the personified troll.

The mages did not waver, as their mana shields' main purpose was to protect their allies from long-range projectiles. Clashing with the melee personified troll and his minions, was the responsibility of the high ranking warriors.

Meanwhile, Sebastian continued to cooperate with them. Instead of putting up a snow fortress that was unsuitable for their location, the butler's precise highly pressurized water met with the personified troll.

 

[ WATER BEAM ]

 

Sestra and the rest dealt with the approaching B-class trolls that could put pressure on the lower rank members.

 

[ SPEARTH ]

 

Her earth javelin could not pierce the monsters' bodies easily, as they were rigid and skillfully coated with aura.

The battle was difficult, as trolls were nimble creatures regardless of their weapon of choice. To top it all off, the Forestland was somewhat cramped to formulate a good strategy against its experienced inhabitants.

The pressurized water disappeared every time it met the powerful blows of the personified troll.

The troll was soaked with water but his chaotic aura was still spewing from his gigantic axe. He was arrogantly taunting them with the gesture, as he was bold enough not to coat his body with aura.

The continuous exchange made the members and even the monsters feel fearful of the power of these two individuals. The power to keep summoning high magic and the strength to obliterate it.

The members that met the impact of the personified troll's axe struggled to even stand up.

Only Lieutenant Estra, with his aura in his giant sword, could slightly match the personified troll's speed, but not it's power. Blood could be seen dripping from his lips as he struggled to speak.

"Captain... I do not think we can prolong this fight."

Sebastian then smiled and nodded. As to respond, they saw his yellow mana, brightly shining around his cane, and with a thump in the ground, it scattered.

At first, Sebastian was struggling with the attempt to pierce the personified troll. That was why he openly welcomed the troll's arrogance, as he planned to use his water to cover the troll's body and turn its surroundings into snow.

 

[ SNOWIFIED ]

 

Snow quickly began to spread across the ground, before running up the body of the then enraged personified troll who was now aware of the danger of his arrogance. Naell was amazed at how his Sensei came up with the idea.

Fearing the danger, the personified troll went ahead and leaped strongly, leaving a huge crack on the ground, yet the snow continued spreading into his body.

The high ranking warriors did not waste Sebastian's efforts as they took advantage of the troll's then slower pace. Other trolls began attacking more aggressively, sensing the danger befalling their leader.

Feeling the continuous forming of snow in his body, the personified troll's ragged breathing made him panic. All of a sudden, he raised his huge chaos-filled axe to his head out of despair. The warriors were fended off as his rage brought forth his bursting aura, cutting through the surroundings.

He then used all of his aura and threw his axe forward. Unable to respond, the warriors watched as the axe ripped through the wind and headed towards another battlefield.

Standing in the trajectory was Sestra who felt the impending danger she was in, but she could not move, more so incantate her magic.

 

*BOOM*

 

Icy smoke filled the air, as they saw a falling mummified troll barely breathing. Yet their attention was at the location where the axe flew.

"Sestra!!" Lieutenant Estra's face was filled with worry as to what might have happened to his sister. Yet as they were in a battlefield, he knew a small opening could easily lead to death.

Luckily, their surroundings had traces of Sebastian's magic. Upon order, it acted as a shield towards the distracted members.

"Everyone, focus! Lieutenant, she is ok." The loud grandfatherly tone echoed throughout the battlefield. The soldiers and adventurers who got distracted passionately pressed on forward to end the fight.

Lieutenant Estra quickly regained his composure, and without hesitation, led the battle towards its end.

196