Chapter-2 Hidden Talent(2)
604 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Place: Twilight Moon Sect, Central Region ]

Lieyan Ling was still standing at the doorway. Yan Murong stared at him for a few breaths of time. 

The hall was dead silence. “ You.... just how do you know all this? And how did you change the formula of a Black Gold rank Heavenly technique? That is hard even for professional scripture and scroll writers. And you still made the technique work like it was nothing!! ” finally Yan Murong broke the silence by asking a question which can't be more obvious. 

Ling was not blessed with Heavenly veins. So everyone knew that he is nothing but a cripple. But today he did something which even master cultivators could not do.

Ling still remained silent. He slowly kneeled on his on knee and slightly bowed his head.

“ Young mistress…. since it is you who want to know this… I will definitely tell you but before that I have a selfish request to you. ” Young mistress stared at him for a few breaths before saying, “ What is it?” 

“ The things I am about to tell you, please keep it a secret from everyone else… even from the sect master. ” Sect master Lieyan Zhixin was Ling's own father. But after he expelled his mother and made Ling a servant, since then Ling has never called him father.

“Okay, I promise that I will never say a single word of this conversation to anyone else. ” Yan Murong replied. “Young mistress…. I was born a cripple. I never had anything special in my life. Only mother and brother were like bright stars in my darkness. Everyone mocked me and bullied me ever since I was a kid. And after mother and brother left……...”, Ling didn't complete the statement. He took a deep breath and continued

 “But after that I was made to serve the young mistress for the rest of my life. And it was the last fortunate thing that happened in my life. Unlike others young mistress never looked at me with eyes filled with contempt and disdain. Instead young mistress treated me better than anyone would treat one's servant. But even so I…… ” Ling gave a heavy sigh and continued, “ I always tried to find ways to get stronger. I read books in the library to search for ways. I wanted to see if it was possible to convert normal veins of a person into Heavenly veins.”

“ I read most of the books concerning Cultivation techniques, Energy Circulation, Energy manipulation and others. But I never found a way. So I started learning ancient languages to read ancient scrolls and books. I learned three Ancient languages and read every book and scrolls that were written in any of those languages.”

Ling stopped once again and breathed a few times before saying in a low voice, “But in the end I wasn't able to find anything. But my knowledge on Cultivation realm, Energy Circulation and Manipulation  Laws, and Heavenly formations, helped me understand a lot of things. And finally…. even though I was unable to cultivate heavenly energy myself… I was able to comprehend an ancient Forbidden manipulation technique from an ancient dark jade scroll which didn't require any Heavenly energy to be used. And just now… I used that technique to change the formula of ‘ Blazing Spiral ’. ”

Yan Murong listened to every single word he was saying and something came to her mind. Her eyes widened as she lost her calm and indifferent look. She muttered something under her breath in a very low and soft voice,

“ Nine-Stage Heaven Demonic Manipulation!! ”

“That's right. Although I was unable comprehend all the nine stages as the last four require a little amount of ‘Devilish’ energy. But I cultivated the first five stages. ” Ling replied.

Yan Murong was speechless. She silently stared at him. 

‘Nine-Stage Heaven Demonic Manipulation’ is an ancient ‘ FORBIDDEN!! ’ technique. It was called forbidden because it required devilish energy to cultivate. And it can change the way heavenly formations and energy circulations work. It is said that in the ancient times when devils were in a war against gods this technique was one of the greatest weapons of devils. Although no one knows if there actually happened a war. But not long ago, a dark practitioner cultivated 7 stages of this technique and was able to fight against a Heavenly practitioner who was almost two realms above him. No one knows the full might of this Forbidden technique. And the most important thing was that to cultivate this technique one required perfect knowledge and understanding of Heavenly Energy and Cultivation Way.

Yan Murong knew all of this, her father told her these stories. He even said that even among dark practitioners, only few hundred  had been able to cultivate such a technique since the ancient times. Much less heavenly practitioners.

But to her surprise, a cripple of 16 year old was able to comprehend five stages of this ancient technique. “I see……… But why are you hiding such a ability? ” Yan Murong asked him. Even though it looked like she knew the answer already, she still wanted to confirm it.

“ If others know that I have such ability…. sect master and elders might just make me a inner desciple again. But other practitioners…. especially other young masters and young mistresses will not tolerate that. They will be afraid that sect master might give me preferential treatment. After all this technique can improve the rate of energy circulations in one's body permanently by altering the way Heavenly veins are arranged. And so they will definitely try to clear out the thorn in their path that unexpectedly appeared.”

Yan Murong knew the answer he was going to tell. But still she felt sad in her heart and pity for him,

'Such a talent is going to be hidden forever. Is this really his fate? ’ As she sighed in her heart, a thought came to her mind and she suddenly realised something. “Wait did you just say that it can improve rate of energy circulation permanently in someone's body? ”, “Yes, it's just as you heard young mistress. ” Lieyan Ling replied unhurriedly. He further explained with a self disdainful laugh, “  Heh!!… But I can't do that myself. In the end I don't have the slightest bit of Heavenly energy within me. But if young Miss wants to improve her energy circulation……. I can tell you how to do so. ” Ling believed in Yan Murong. It's just as he said in the beginning, she has always treated him kindly and never abused him or mocked him.

“ ….Then will you tell me? ” , Yan Murong requested in a gentle and soft voice instead of ordering him. She knew that he had to go through a lot to achieve this and so if she ordered her like she usually did it might hurt him. “Of course!!” As he said this, Ling slowly stood up and started to walk towards Yan Murong. But suddenly a heavy voice came from the outside of the training hall, “ Second young mistress Yan Murong and her servant Lieyan Ling has been summoned by the grand elder Zhou Lie. He has sent his grandson, young master Zhou Shangchen and his servant Wing Chun to escort you to the grand elder's residence. ”

When they heard the voice, they were briefly stunned. But a moment later Yan Murong understood the reason behind this summon. She turned towards the doorway and started walking towards it as she said, “ We will improve my cultivation later. Let's go and meet the grand elder first.” , “As you wish young mistress”, Ling replied and swiftly followed behind her.

—————————

[Place: Twilight Moon Sect, Central Region]

 

Outside Yan Murong's residence two young man were waiting in front of the iron door. One of them looked around the age of eighteen and the other one looked like he was in his twenties. The younger man had a handsome face and was wearing  black robes with red stripes on it. The young man was tall there was a light smile on his face. He was the young master Zhou Shangchen. And behind him a brawny looking man stood slight bending his back. He was his servant Wing Chun.

As Yan Murong and Lieyan Ling came out of the door, the smile on his face grew wider. He walked towards them as he greeted Yan Murong with a light bow, “It is a pleasure to see you again sister Murong. I know you have been doing secluded cultivation for a while but I never thought that you wouldn't even meet other young masters and mistresses during this period. I came to meet you four time in the last six months but I always returned without even seeing you. I can see that your cultivation level has already increased by a whole realm.”

“You are praising me too much senior brother Shangchen. Compared to me your cultivation realm is still unfamothable. Anyway we shouldn't keep the grand elder waiting for long please show us the way. ” Yan Murong replied indifferently and in a rather cold voice. It could be easily seen that she didn't show any respect whatsoever and even tried to avoid speaking to him.

Although Zhou Shangchen could also see that she was behaving rude towards him, he laughed loudly

“Hehehe!! You don't need to worry sister Murong. Grandfather won't mind it at all. You have been inside of your residence for six months now, so hoe about you spend some time roaming around with me?” 

“There's no need. I still have a lot of things to do and my servant hasn't done his daily chores yet. So he will also have to finish them after coming back. Let's not waste anymore time. ” she replied in with a cold and calm look on her face. When Zhou Shangchen heard the words ‘servant’ he glanced at Ling only for a moment with eyes filled with disdain and mockery.

Even Wing Chun who was standing behind him looked at him like he was looking at a pityful dog.

“Okay then, let's go!!” as Shangchen said, they all started moving towards north. Grand Elder's hall was ten kilometers away from this place. It would only take about 10 minutes to go there for a practitioner. But as Ling didn't have any cultivation, it took them 1 hour to go there. This was probably the first time Zhou Shangchen felt glad and greatful to the ‘trash’ as he was able to spend more time with Yan Murong because of him.

—————————

[ Place: Twilight Moon Sect, Central Region, Grand Elder's Residence]

In the grand elder's courtyard, the four youths finally came to a stop before a wooden gate. “Grandfather!! They are here!!” as Zhou Shangchen said this loudly, a heavy voice said,“ Come in!! ” Zhou Shangchen opened the wooden door. An old man was sitting on a wooden chair. They came inside and bowed deeply and the two servants kneeled down on the ground as they bowed their heads.

“ Do you know why you have been summoned here Murong?” Zhou Lie asked in a deep voice.

“ Because the Moon Tournament is drawing near. ” Yan Murong replied unhesitantly. “That's right!! The Moon Tournament is right around the corner. And this year the top ten desciples of your generation are all outstanding. But only five desciples can be selected among them. That is why we have decided to hold a sparring tournament among the top ten desciples……. But even among them you and Shang'er are on a different league. So we have decided that you two don't have to participate in the sparring tournament.” Zhou Lie said these words unhurriedly. 

“Grand elder praises us too much!!”

“Grandfather praises us too much!!”

Both Yan Murong and Zhou Shangchen said simultaneously. “ But still only one of you can be the leader of the team. So therefore we have decided that a sparring match between you two will be held to decide the leader of the team. Does any of you have any objections? ” 

“No!” , they both said it in unison. “If any of you don't want to fight then the other person will be made leader.” Saying this he glanced at Yan Murong, “So if you don't think you can win, you can always withdraw from the battle.” Yan Murong understood the hidden meaning behind his words but she replied is a calm and resolute voice, “I thank grand elder for worrying about us. But I won't withdraw from this match.”

Hearing this both Zhou Shangchen and Zhou Lie was slightly stunned. As it is publicly known that the strongest practitioner of this year's younger generation was Zhou Shangchen. He was already in seventh stage of Blue Star Cultivation realm which was also the peak stage. Whereas Yan Murong was at the sixth stage of Blue Star Cultivation realm. So they expected that she would withdraw from the battle.

“Then I look forward to our battle sister Murong ” Zhou Shangchen said with a smile on his face.

“Then your battle will be held after the sparring tournament ends. Both of you better start preparing. ” as Zhou Lie said these words, his gaze turned towards Lieyan Ling who was still kneeling on the floor. Then he looked at Yan Murong again,

“Other than this there is another thing we need to discuss with you. In the Moon Tournament, servants always accompany their masters or mistresses. So we need to find a servant for you, Murong. So will you be able to come here in the evening today?” Those words were like sharp knives for Ling, he clenched his teeth slightly and wanted to say something. But he knew if he said anything it will only make the situation even worst.

‘Seems like my time with young mistress has finally come to an end. ’ This thought came into his mind, he knew had no power and if young mistress was given a chance to select another servant to accompany her to Moon Tournament, she would definitely abandone him.

 

But when he heard the reply Yan Murong said, he became speechless,

“NO! I already have a servant and he will be the one who is going to accompany me. Therefore I don't think I have to here again to pick another servant for me. And if I am not allowed to pick my own servant then you can wipe out my name from the five representatives.” She replied unhurriedly in a calm voice. Zhou Lie expected this answer so he didn't say anything to Yan Murong anymore instead he looked at Lieyan Ling and said coldly, “You should be grateful that you have such a mistress. But if there is even a little bit of shame left in you, you know what is best for her. Just take your leave and get out of here. Wait for her to come back from the Moon Tournament and be her servant again. Trash like you don't deserve to accompany her to the Moon Tournament!! ”

Ling knew that he would be mocked and accused like this. He clenched his teeth and fist even more tightly, “ If young mistress wants me to go with her. Then I will follow her…. No matter what other people tell me.” he said in a voice filled with determination.

“You insolent brat!!! You should be grateful that you are still in this sect because your mother begged for you. Or else you will also become a homeless b*tch like her.”

When Ling heard this, he gazed at him and shouted in anger, “ YOU!!! ”

But right after that a pressure suddenly pressed him on the ground and he blood started dripping from his nose and mouth, “Ugh!!”

Grand Elder released a bit of his Heavenly energy to smash him on the ground. “You think you have the right to shout at me!! If it wasn't sect master's order to keep you alive I would personally killed you right at this moment. ”

The pressure emenating from Grand Elder made even Yan Murong and Zhou Shangchen to feel suffocated. Ling was groaning in pain. 

“Grandfather!! Please forgive his insolence! If he dies….nothing good will come. ” As Zhou Lie heard those words he withdrew his aura and the pressure emenating from him disappeared as well.

“Grandfather you don't need to worry, Me and my servant will take care of Ling in the tournament. We will not allow him to do anything that might harm our name.” After Zhou Shangchen said this, Zhou Lie looked at Ling. Now Wing Chun looked at him as well and said, “You can't even withstand this little pressure and you hope to go to the Moon Tournament. Do you think that servants are going there only to serve their masters and do their chores. Then I must say you are naive. Although there is no official battles for servants. Every time they organise an unofficial match among the servants of the ten great sect. So are you gonna represent our sect with that little strength of yours? Are you trying to bring shame to our Sect's name?”

“Don't say anything more. Grandfather, I Shangchen assure you that I would never allow him to bring shame to our name. I will personally keep an eye on him and I won't let him participate in the servants' unofficial matches either. So let him accompany sister Murong.” when Zhou Shangchen finished speaking, Murong and Ling were surprised. Murong gave him a small glance before averting her gaze again. 

“Fine then!! You piece of shit! You better not disgrace our name or even if sect master tries to stop me, I will still kill you.” Zhou Lie said in a cold voice disdainfully. There was also a small trace of killing intent as well.

After coming out of the grand elder's residence, they started walking towards South. After a while Yan Murong asked looking at Zhou Shangchen, “Why did you help us? ” When she asked this question even Ling and Wing Chun turned their heads to look at him.

“Because if sister Murong were to leave the team….our team's power will decrease significantly.” Shangchen said unhurriedly.

“I see.” Yan Murong replied but it looked like she didn't believe him. But she didn't probe any further.

After walking for a while bade farewell to each other as both party went on a separate path.

“ Young master why did you help them? It simply can't be because you want young mistress on your team right?” Wing Chun asked.

After staying silent for a few moments, Zhou Shangchen said  viciously with a sinister smile on his face, 

“I definitely want Murong to be in my team. But that trash…. tsk tsk tsk.…. He will leave the sect with us but he..will…not….return! ”

———————

Author's Note: Things will start heating up soon. It was comparatively a big chapter.Thank you for reading.

14