Chapter-8 Dead End(1)
387 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After saying it Ling became silent again. Something heavy was pressing down his heart as he couldn't utter any more words. Ling clenched his hands tightly. He took a few more breaths before saying  lightly, “As my brother and the Divine artifact went missing on the same date, Imperial family as well as others thought he was the one who stole it. It caused the Emperor to blew up in rage. He issued an order to find and capture my brother. He even put a high bounty on him. But even after several months, they were unable to find him. So the Emperor finally put all the blame on our Twilight Moon sect and accused us of being associated in this treasony.….. But as our sect was one of the top sects of our country…he couldn't just order to wipe us out. So he gave sect master a chance to prove his innocence….I would never have known this but.. when sect master was talking with my mother… I coincidentally heard it. ”

Ling stopped again as his eyes became watery. But he didn't let a single tear fell from his eyes. He clutched his hands even tighter. He again took a deep breath as he said shakily, “ The rest... I don't know… but I think….. to prove his innocence….. sect master, Lieyan Zhixin ordered to destroy every report and file concerning my brother Lieyan Shen …. so that the stain on the sect's name would never be revealed to anyone. He publicly announced that my brother has committed treason against the sect… not the Empire. He didn't say that he stole a divine artifact as that would also sully the sect's reputation…. that's why he declared that my brother had stolen the sect's most important treasure..… And about my mom being expelled… I think to petrify the evidence that he was not involved in any rebellious acts, he threw her most beloved wife out without hesitation. ”

Having said this, he gave a mocking laugh at himself as he said sorrowfully , “And as for me… he thought trash like me might be useful to some extent. So he made me Young Mistress's servant. ”

Listening till now, they wanted to say something to comfort him but they couldn't utter a single word. Although Ling has said that these were just his speculations but no one could think of any better reasons than these. They stood silently as they saw Ling looking down at his feet with hatred filled gloomy eyes. 

“Ai!” Murong sighed looking at Ling.

“We….we are sorry…. We shouldn't have asked you this. ” Hudie said gently.

Ling looked up and said with a smile that didn't look like a smile, “No no… it's alright. Telling someone this also made my mind ease up a little. Anyway you don't have to feel sorry. It was the choice of the heavens.… I must had done some sinful acts in my previous life..hehehe!” Although he laughed to lift up the atmosphere a little. But everyone could feel the sadness behind it.

“Anyway…. young master Yulong and young mistress Hudie.... the Moon Tournament is right around the corner. We can't waste anymore time. Tell me when will you be free so that I can use ‘Nine Stage Heaven Demonic Manipulation’ on you? The whole process will take three days.. each day three hours. ” Ling asked to distract their mind from the previous topic. 

“Well you are the one who is going to do this… right sweet brother? So shouldn't you be the one to tell us when you will have free time?… Also brother Ling don't forget that we don't have anything to do except training. So we are always free. Just tell us when will you be available? ” Yulong said in a sweet womanly voice. Hudie also agreed with this as she nodded.

“Then why don't we start the first session right now? You two stay in my residence for the next two days till the enhancement is over. Is that alright? ” Murong asked.

“Well.. I don't have any problems. ” Hudie replied.

“Aiyo!! If that means I can see my little beloved sister and mistress Hudie for whole three days and also I will be able to meet my cute brother Ling each day… then why would I have any problem?!!” Yulong said softly. Hearing his voice, the other three trembled slightly. Then Hudie looked at Ling and asked, “But will you be able to do it? I mean didn't you just say it takes three hours each day. That means you will have to use it for whole six hours a day. ”

“Of course. To be honest, as I don't have any Heavenly energy in myself. I will have to trouble you to share a little bit of your power to connect an energy link between me and your body. So although, I will need to concentrate for three hours straight…It will only be slightly mentally taxing… not physically. So I think I will be able to do it.” Ling replied with a smile.

Hudie was slightly stunned. ‘He will have to close all his senses and focus only on one thing while using a forbidden art with the help of someone else's energy. No matter what…. That won't be slightly ‘mentally taxing’..but his mental strength will be thoroughly exhausted. To think someone who has no Heavenly energy will say something like this....even practitioners will not do something like this for other's sake. He really is different!!... I can see why Murong treats him so nicely! ’ Hudie exclaimed in her mind as she stared at Ling without blinking. But then she suddenly realized something as she asked, “Wait? What did you mean by forming a link between you and our body? How are you going to do that? ”

“Well that is of course….he has to get as close as possible to your body. So you just have to strip out of your clothing!! ” Murong said unhurriedly. Hearing these words Hudie abruptly stood up as her face became red. Yulong's eyes slightly widened at first but soon he squinted his eyes and gave a chuckle, “Aiyo!! It looks like I am finally going to have my fun with brother Ling. ”

When Murong said those words Ling also stared at her with his mouth agape, ‘Young mistress.. you idiot!! Think before you speak! And you are also a girl how can you say something like that? At least explain it clearly to the other person. ’ Ling thought.

Hudie looked at her with wide eyes as she said quakily, “You.….you…you… Murong….. how can you be so shameless? You...you actually showed yourself….to your servant?!! ”

Understanding what she meant, a blush appeared at Murong's face as well. She shouted hurriedly, “You....what nonsense are you saying. You …just have to remove your thick outer clothing……you can wear thin clothes!! ” 

Hearing that Hudie calm down but her face was still tinged in red.

“Aiyo,! But I don't have any problem to show my sk.. ” Before Yulong could finish, both the girls glared at him,“YOU SHUT UP!!”

“Aiyoooo! ” getting shouted, Yulong lowered his neck in fear and didn't say anything else.

‘Yare yare! ’ Ling thought but a light smile bloomed on his face.

After this, Hudie and Yulong stayed in Murong's residence to receive the treatment. The first day, when Ling entered Hudie's room to improve her cultivation energy, she was wearing a very thin simple white dress which looked like a long gown and she was lying on a big luxurious bed. The cloth  was so thin that the features and curves of her small delicate body could be seen easily. When Ling entered, she was fiercely glaring at Ling. It seemed like if she sensed any ulterior motive in him, she would slap him to death right at that moment. Ling came in front of her and told her to release her energy. Then he stretched out both his hands and the link was formed between his finger and her body. He didn't touch her body at all. As soon as the link was created, he closed his eyes and focused. Hudie stared at him for one hour to see if he was thinking of something lewd. But from the beginning till the end, there was not a single ripple on his face. He looked emotionless and calm like a statue. Seeing this Hudie felt secure and her trust and respect towards Ling also deepend. But there was also a flash of disappointment in her eyes, ‘Is it because mine are too small?’ this thought came to her mind.

After the first session, she didn't feel uncomfortable anymore. She would sometimes start a conversation with Ling when he was doing other tasks. And whenever she was close to him… she felt warm in her mind…although she didn't know why she felt like that.

As for the sessions with Yulong…. It was better not to say anything.

————————

[Place: ??]

A silhouette was dashing forward in the vast space. Behind that silhouette, ten more figures were chasing cutting through space itself. They were moving so fast that the space itself was cut open on the path that they followed.

“How can you do this despite being one of them? You think you can get away with it? ” one of the figures who were behind shouted.

As they were dashing through the infinite dark space, three small planets became visible in a distance so far that they looked like a point. The leading figure suddenly waved a hand. In an instant a gigantic space storm engulfed the ten figures who were behind.

The ten figures who were chasing slowed down for a brief moment before tearing the space storm apart. But the person they were chasing was no longer there. 

“Damn it!! Inform others about this and request a search team immediately to search every planet in this region. ” One of the figures said in a stern voice.

————————

[Place:Sistine Continent, Relight city, Blackburn forest]

Seven days passed by since Ling started to help Hudie and Yulong. After the sessions were over.. they stayed for two days with Murong before going back to their residences.

Only one week was left before Moon Tournament. But today, all the five representatives and their servants were summoned to meet up in front of the forest of Blackburn which was located right outside the Easter province. They gathered at the northern  side of the forest. When they all came, grand elder Zhou Lie started speaking, 

“Today we have called you because we have arranged a special training for you. In the first round of Moon Tournament.... You will be sent into a special zone where you will have to find some special stones and cross the entire zone to reach finish line. Only teams which find all the stones and reach finish line will be allowed to participate. The first round has always been like this since hundred years. So every year, we hold this special training to prepare you for the first round. Here you will have to enter the Blackburn forest. In this forest there are multiple beasts and it is spread over ten thousand kilometers. You all are needed to enter this forest, find some special stones which we have hidden and come out from the Southern end of the forest. There are multiple paths but if you act as a team… you will be able to do it. The time limit is twenty four hours. If you are unable to do it… then remember that you are not worthy to represent our sect. That's all!! ”

The young masters and mistresses and their servants were stupefied as this was a sudden announcement. ‘Shouldn't we be resting at home as the Moon Tournament is already near?’ this thought came to many of their minds. Only Shangchen, Wing Chun and Shinji were smiling.

All the servants were present as well and they didn't know why they were summoned as they weren't suppose to participate in the tournament. So Lieyan Shinji's servant Tai Lu asked, “Grand elder…. What about us, servants? Are we suppose to go as well? ”

“Yes, the first round is the only round where servants must participate. Now all of you…. start moving!! ” Zhou Lie said. 

10